The latest conversations about Tech
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Fortra? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Fortra employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very fun." (in 38 reviews)
- "Great benefits" (in 34 reviews)
- "The culture is great and the company's commitment to its employees is truly remarkable." (in 31 reviews)
- "Our team was great at handling customer concerns and working together toward the greater good." (in 21 reviews)
- "Supportive management" (in 15 reviews)
- "Fortra made some serious mistakes and the upper management team has made poor decision after poor decision resulting in massive layoffs." (in 11 reviews)
- "The salary was less than the same companies for my level" (in 10 reviews)
- "In general the overall compensation is below the fair market value." (in 4 reviews)
- "The upper management is buying other companies like they are power" (in 3 reviews)
- "I get that this is what happens usually during layoffs but again, the communication was convoluted and disjointed." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Fortra and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 400 of over 423 reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Great benefits and perks included unlimited time off and 12 weeks maternity and paternity leave. Strong leadership who has created a corporate culture focused on supporting team members and creating an environment of growth
Not able to identify any cons for working at Fortra
- 5.0Sep 11, 2023Content CreatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
-Work from home -RELAXED work -Fantastic team -All inclusive, socially conscious -The perfect company environment as a worker and a person -Compassionate, empathetic, sympathetic, I'm not just a cog in a machine -Great pay, great benefits, internal company "stock" option
Glassdoor tells me "You must enter five words" in the cons section. I have no cons. When I interviewed and accepted this position, I looked REALLY hard into finding the cons. It seemed to good to be true. There is no "catch" it was really the best decision I made in my career. My stress level is so much lower here. My work-to-life ratio has shifted into my favor. I got time back with my kids, and the balance is on my family, and less on work. That just makes me want to work even harder to help this company since it's doing so much for me.1
Fortra Reviews FAQs
Fortra has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 423 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Fortra to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
78% of Fortra employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Fortra 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.