Frazee Paint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marcos Achar Levy

1. "Pretty standard company..."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Frazee Paint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people work there

Cons

Nothing really inspiring about it. Standard medium-sized retail company with standard management power distribution

2. "sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miramar, San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miramar, San Diego, CA

I worked at Frazee Paint (More than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely none. the only perk to working here was my store manager was a decent human being. Other than that, this place is horrible

Cons

Frazee has horrible upper management and it is a very greedy company. The only focus of this company is who knows who and how much money can we keep in our pockets. They treat their employees terribly and I would highly suggest seeking employment elsewhere

Advice to Management

Break it down and start over from scratch

3. "Used to be a safe job"

I have been working at Frazee Paint full-time

Pros

Never had hours cut. Great customers. Defined market which meant easy customer base.

Cons

Very rare to get a raise. Only way to increase salary is by proving yourself and get promotes.

Advice to Management

This is a fading company since they where acquired by a larger company. They rhyme with Wherwin- Silliams.

5. "Train your employees"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Head Tinter in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Head Tinter in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at Frazee Paint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to meet all types of people on a daily basis.
    They have great benefits.

Cons

Time frames and priority always change, causing delays on previous orders.
    Short staffed for the volume of work.
    Training is almost non existent.
    Front store employees and management hardly ever tint.
    No way of moving up in the company.

Advice to Management

Training your staff has to prioritized, when your daily customers are mostly professionals. Your staff should know the products we carry as well as how to tint. Allow your employees to work as a team that would allow for production to increase.

6. "Good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Peoria, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Frazee Paint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for part time. they have a lot to offer good people to work for, if you get a good crew and boss it's always great

Cons

there is no training, it's on the job learning so that's always a bummer. it is very much labor intensive.

Advice to Management

dont tear open your employees. they work for you

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Frazee Paint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great hard working people who love what they do and the products they support. I've enjoyed working for Frazee and it's people because of the teamwork and past leadership.

Cons

Frazee has changed hands several times throughout the years but the company spirit has remained

8. "Comex Sucks"

Former Employee - Sales II in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales II in San Diego, CA

I worked at Frazee Paint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly associates to work with. But over worked, stressed, underpaid, and never promoted while lazy associates were applauded.

Cons

Comex treats their workers as if they where a piece of crap(I wish I could input the actual word I feel) on the bottom of your shoe. They ask for more and more of their employee's while giving nothing in return but a miniscule paycheck. Not once was i able to pay my bills on time, or ever get caught up. (they never paid there own bills)
     and all of the insentives like 401K's and such... they Don't contribute anything.
     This is a company that loves to hire good hard workers and they do their best to work them to the grave. Then to top it all off... they'd take a leak on the tombstone.

Advice to Management

NONE im sure management is in the same stinking boat as I am. Comex is to blame. Its a family owned billion dollar.

I'm Sure if management could change anything they would change who owns the company.

9. "No concrete structure. Very high expectations for the low pay."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Frazee Paint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Building relationships and friendships with clients. Being able to run the store without too much hassle from upper management.

Cons

No structure. Understaffed. Too much work and responsibility for the pay. No budget to keep equipment running properly.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Provide better training. Way to many members of upper management which just makes direction and decisions very confusing for store employees.

10. "Not Employee freindly"

Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Frazee Paint full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Absolutely none. Most people get new experience and then move on and double their pay.

Cons

They beat you down and treat you like dirt. The only people that stay around are corporate people. They think they're in a kingdom all to them selves.

Advice to Management

Store employees have lives too! Treat them with respect. If we treated you the way you treated us you'd be cryin. They treat store employees absolutely horrible. I don't know how some of them asleep at night

11. "Turning around"

Current Employee - Hourly Corp in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Hourly Corp in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Frazee Paint full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a few long term senior staff that still remain and thank god. My superior remains positive and tells us we have turned the corner, speaks highly of new leader. Sure enough there have been signs this is true.

Cons

Wage increases. Many but not all employees received raises recently, hourly employees only meaning me. Management still no increases, unfortunate because those that have been here many years helped build this company, the management hired in last few years come and are being paid more only to be let go.

Advice to Management

If we have turned the corner stop the revolving door management style and policy changes every 15 minutes. We can't keep track of what comes out of AM. This is a big company and not an experiment lab for people that don't know their job.