Freshpet Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Freshpet Review"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Freshpet means you can be heard. We have smaller marketing teams covering a lot of ground, so when I started at Freshpet I was thrilled to know I'd be exposed to many different things and grow along the way. I've been at the company for a few years and I love that if you speak up and share your opinions, it can be a collaborative and inclusive space.

Lots of opportunity to get involved in new projects if you raise your hand!

Upper management floats among us! You can feel free to chat with our founders/execs and pick their brains if you needed/wanted without barrier.

The culture is relaxed. We go on periodic team building events and brainstorming sessions. You're also able to bring your dog to work, if you so please :)

The food we make is a big PRO. Before feeding my pet Freshpet Select, she was an extreme picky eater and severely underweight. Being close to community management and customer care, I've realized that my dog wasn't the only one loving and benefitting from steam-cooked, all-natural food. You'll see it reviews and on social, and it's a rewarding part of the job.

Cons

Like I mentioned teams are smaller, so you'll have to be prepared to pick up things quickly and also be a self-starter. But these are good qualities to own.

2. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management that listens and allows you to create new opportunities within your field and work across different functionalities, depending on your skills and interests. Smaller company culture that looks for employees with an entrepreneurial drive. Those who are self starters will thrive at this company.

Cons

While there is ample growth opportunity, I'm finding the compensation benefits to stay long-term is why people choose to move on. That said, those who choose to stay here are "lifers."

Advice to Management

Celebrate employee's anniversaries and compensate the employees fairly that choose to stay, grow and take on more responsibilities.

3. "Freshpet is the most rewarding and satisfying company I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Freshpet for 1 1/2 years now. Freshpet has been the best company I've worked for because they really do value and care about their employees. Everyone's very friendly and honest. The company communicates important matters which makes me very proud to work for a company that's working to make themselves a good place to work and a leader in their industry. We have great perks as employees and great benefits which we get rewarded for by working hard and being dedicated. It's a company that I can honestly call the best company I've worked for and I'm a big critic when it comes to that. I have worked in other manufacturing industries were you're just a number and there's a lack of teamwork and leadership. I see myself growing within and retiring from Freshpet. Why, because I see their rapid and steady continued growth. I recommend Freshpet to be on the list of the best 100 companies to work due to the company perks and benefits, their company culture and values, and their competitive wages. I can honestly say that I'm proud to call myself a Freshpet Employee!

Cons

We're running out of room due to our rapid growth :)!

Advice to Management

to continue to be the way they are and to continue to communicate to their employees issues that matter and make an impact in our working culture! Good leadership takes humility, determination, and empowerment!

4. "Freshpet is a sick place to work! Vital culture & values"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Freshpet for almost 2 years, and upon review it's been one of the best professional experiences of my career. From leadership to the support staff, everyone here is a pet lover themselves, and committed to making food they would be proud to fee their own dog or cat. I think that shared mindset is what creates a culture that's so oriented around doing the right thing, no matter what department you're in. There are (mercifully) no big egos or diva personalities, just a team of people who believe what they're doing matters, which is an awesome thing to be a part of.

On the Marketing team in particular, our CMO encourages us to take risks and do things that can make a real impact on people's lives. Because of that encouragement, I was able to launch the Fresh Start campaign, which raised over $30k to build a rehab center for overlooked rescue animals. Bringing that idea to life and seeing the different Freshpet was able to make remains one of the highlights of my career.

Bottom line, Freshpet is a great place filled with dedicated people who all deeply care about what they're doing.

Cons

I know this is trite but to me there really aren't any big deal issues I would consider a "con." We get healthy snacks in the office every day and all the free dog food we need (don't make the fake vomit noise, it's fresh and smells great!) What is there to not like haha

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the values of the organization as we grow. It could become easy to start "thinking like a big company," but that would change the culture and it's not the Freshpet way. But I have confidence that we are on the right track.

5. "Great company that values its employees"

I have been working at Freshpet full-time

Pros

I truly feel that Freshpet really values its employees and wants them to succeed. I feel so fortunate to work at a company that appreciates the effort and time that I put in day in and day out. I'm not in a senior management role, and yet everyone from the CEO to the company co-founder knows my name, converses with all employees (no matter their role) on a daily basis, and shows a genuine interest in my ideas and input. I really feel empowered to put my best foot forward each and every day, and you won't find a company that appreciates its employees more than Freshpet. It's definitely a place that I can see myself working at for years to come!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

6. "Super company - great !!! products"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really great people and the products are really amazing. Growing fast and really good team environment. Vey good benefits

Cons

Long hours sometimes. Too much email

Advice to Management

Dont change and let it become a big company

7. "Place of The Best Environment to Work for Long Run"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freshpet Dog Food company provides a wonderful work environment to their employees. They also have very high quality dog food manufacturing process because their employees are working from the long run almost more than twelve years, no one leave the Freshpetdogfood company because, they go out of their way to look after their employees.
    I always like to come to work with smiles on my face.

Cons

Although they had nothing now to do with the #freshpet company but still a con. Now they are focusing on how to help freezing the food and stores to find the quality #freshpet product in locality.

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free cafeteria food. Everyone gets along.
    Supplied are: uniforms, hairnets, hard hat's, gloves, steel toes, heavy coats, free food in kitchen, free coffee, snacks, daily newspaper, tv entertainment in kitchen, free dog food, quarterly raffles for anything they can think of (money/gift/vacation/pto/baseball games etc) quarterly bonus $100 with no call offs. Holiday bonus. Thanksgiving turkeys. IF the company does good in sales, you get a bonus.
    Management respects and treats everyone like a human.

Cons

Can't leave building once there due to fear of anyone bringing in any contaminates from the outside which is understood.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Nice Place to work with Amazing Staff!"

I worked at Freshpet part-time

Pros

Freshpet is a wonderful place to work for. They go out of their way to look after their employees and it all begins from the top management. We are like a big happy family and come to work with smiles on our faces.

Cons

I think health facilities and time off could be better.

Advice to Management

None

10. "Good people, bad management"

I worked at Freshpet full-time

Pros

Great environment, always busy, good supervisors

Cons

Poor upper management , tacking on extra days randomly