Freshpet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Freshpet Chief Executive Officer William Cyr
William Cyr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Freshpet Fast Growing Company! Best Place to Work"

I worked at Freshpet full-time

Pros

This organization has developed such a great amount since I initially started working here. It is great to be a part of something that advances HEALTHY Pets! (I am clearly a pet parent!) Most organizations out there consider pet food as a business BUT Freshpet is NOT one of them. The CEO is to a great degree tuned in with us and seriously considers our advancement within the organization.
    The office is well designed compared with other places I have worked. Additionally, we have a kitchen that is totally free, and a variety of snacks are available.
    But best of all, I am personally learning and developing positively and Freshpet bolsters that!

Cons

It is very TOUGH to rise early morning and go to OFFICE :(

2. "Great place to work !!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth oriented company with a great entrepreneurial spirit. Fun environment and a very high quality manufacturing process. Cleanest manufacturing environment I have ever seen. Employees are treated with respect and dignity - excellent pay / benefits and equity. Excellent place to work.

Cons

Growth oriented companies experience minor growing pains - but it beats the alternative of not growing !!

Advice to Management

Keep on doing

3. "10 year journey"

Current Employee - Marketing in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people here have been with the company for more than ten years - almost no one leaves because it is a good and fair company with a great winning environment. I see some of the bad reviews and am really surprised because people seem really happy and well taken care of. In the main office - Secaucus we can bring our pets to work also.

Cons

company should offer pet insurance with the benefits package

4. "Best Place to Team Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ

I worked at Freshpet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

PUPPIES!!! The pets were amazing! The hours were flexible and there was always something going on.

Cons

Absolutely had nothing to do with the company but still a con. There was no focus on how to help stores succeed.

Advice to Management

Nothing

5. "Do not recommend"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food for your animal, free food to eat

Cons

Long hours short breaks bad management

Advice to Management

Supervisors needs more training we work 12 hours everyday increase break time instead of those short breaks. I'm not understanding why it have to be so cold when we are packing. During the orientation you say if people is sick such as throwing up, coughing, fever and diarrhea Or any virus they can go home well that is not the case that's not healthy for the people and furry animals. Supervisors needs to learn how to be a supervisor instead of playing around and flirtatious with the females in this place some much I want to say.

"Horrible place to work at"

Former Employee - Sanitation/Production in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Sanitation/Production in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro this company has is the insurance

Cons

I had zero points never written up never late great reviews.I got injuried then a false allegation with no proof was put on.After the injury all of the sudden I'm this bad employee that would do something Malious and intent.I went from zero points to 10 points then fired.This is a fraction of how they treated there employees.They promise you raises you get excuses that you need to learn more stuff.Mean while your stuck at a level C operator they have 3 levels everyone starts at C.Starting pay is around $14.75.

Advice to Management

Human resources needs much improvement they do not help employees and you complain they say I'll look into nothing gets done people get fired.ive never seen such a bad HR department in my 30 plus years working in manufacturing like this place.They say safety first that's a joke.Osha needs to put a sub office in the plant and baby sit them.HR needs more training supervisors need more training and stop harassing employees and let them do there jobs and not keep looking over there shoulders we are all adults not children.

"Wasn't good.."

Pros

Casual dress code, near mall.

Cons

Very small shop, job position was misrepresented, somewhat unethical. Expensive and flimsy concept but has investor money backing it. Micromanaging, lurk over your shoulder style management.

8. "If you want to be degraded and not valued, this is the place for you"

Former Employee - Finance in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Finance in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Freshpet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro here are SOME of the employees, they made work worth it and console you

Cons

People are very stuck up especially the finance team
    They treat you like you have no worth
    Its more survival of the fittest environment
    Promotions never come, and senior staff are always trying to degrade you not even help
    They don't get you involved, they are not trying to help you out

Advice to Management

Get the employees more involved. If you hire someone do have the work ready for them. If its someone's first job expect them to make mistakes.

Some people are very nice and humble, but there are many especially senior management who are very rigid, rude and prideful. If its a persons first job, put them through the necessary training, manage them correctly, they're expecting to build mentors and role models not to feel devalued.

I understand that corporate America is survival of the fittest, but man if you're a small company you should be looking to grow and have people grow with you!

Also they have rude employees especially the over aged one's who should have retired YEARS AGO!

DO NOT RECOMMEND!

"Can not wait to watch Freshpet continue to grow! Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Freshpet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has grown so much since I first began working here. It is nice to be apart of something that promotes HEALTHY Pets! ( I am obviously a pet owner ) There are so many companies out there that have the wrong core values from the bottom up and Freshpet is NOT one of them. The CEO Richard Thompson is extremely in tune with his employees and also their development here within the company. He has done more for us than I have personally encountered anywhere else that I have ever worked. Besides the amazing health plan they offer they also have a kitchen that is completely free, and has a lot to offer for snacks and lunches.

I just think that work is work no matter what, however you need to be happy and strive towards positive growth and here at Freshpet they support that! Love my job!

Cons

Besides the early rise to work that sometimes is HARD to do - it is a great place to work!

Advice to Management

The management team have their hands full in every department, and that is to be expected for a company that is growing so rapidly. I have only kind words for all of the management team that I have encountered or dealt with. They have all been extremely helpful and will go out of their way to help out and are always friendly.

10. "Better but Still Room To Improve"

I worked at Freshpet full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing company that is making a name for itself in pet food industry.
    Great products. Would not feed my pet anything but.
    Positive work environment with friendly employees who make the job enjoyable and drive you to come back each day.
    Decent incentive programs and benefits packages.

Cons

No where but the same. It seems longer you are here the farther in you become and the less chance you have to advance. Most hourly personal are in stagnant positions with no room to grow or improve and day to days becomes repetitive and monotonous.

Separation of company. Brand new state of the art facility with great improvement but still missing pieces of the entire company. Company HQ in NJ with who don't see much or any plant operations and are promoting products that they are not close to.

Overtop leadership. Some management takes it upon themselves to make changes on the whim based on their personal beliefs without informing anyone. These changes sometimes cause difficulties in production and then are not responsible when their change makes a mistake.

Advice to Management

Involve and promote the employees that work hard each day to create and maintain the products that drive the company. Give them the spotlight and promote them to the public rather that using unknown office workers that are not involved.

Let the employees do their jobs. Trust your plant floor leadership to work day to day and stop hovering over them like they are incapable. Let them suggest and make improvements rather than only doing what comes off one persons whims.

Put everyone under one roof. The talk is always unity and we are one company. Then lets stop with titles and separation and actually embrace company unity.