Friedman LLP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fred Berk and Harriet Greenberg

Pros
  • They definitely try to offer work/life balance to all their employees which is a huge thing these days (in 10 reviews)

• Great company to work for and summer Fridays off (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Longer hours during busy season but this is common in public accounting (in 7 reviews)

• This is not just a problem at Friedman, it's a problem at all public accounting firm and the overall structure of "audit" as an industry (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP (Less than a year)

Pros

I consider Friedman to be a great company to work for. It compares very differently to other firms in the industry. I love that the firm doesn't have such an extensive hierarchy and that I am able to work closely with partners or stop by their offices whenever I have a question. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. My team is very close knit and I have gotten the opportunity to learn beyond my regular work description. I also enjoy that the firm is big on employee engagement. This includes golf outings, team building, sports teams, a party to celebrate the end of tax-season. This is a great way to be able to meet people from other departments/levels/offices. The firm also offers Summer Fridays, where employees work a condensed work week and in turn have every Friday off from Memorial to Labor Day.

Cons

I can't think of any besides long busy season hours for tax and audit departments but still below industry standards.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the employee engagement. It is a great way to keep employees motivated and to retain them.

Nov 21, 2016 – Sr. Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback! We are excited to hear you enjoy working for the firm. We work hard to create both a rewarding and fun work culture and we are happy to hear it's one of the ... More

2. "Great Firm"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP (Less than a year)

Pros

Friedman offers a great work culture & balance, and they put a large emphasis on their people. Managers and partners are approachable, friendly and willing to help. It feels like the entire company is committed to your professional development.

Cons

So far have no cons about the company.

Mar 7, 2017 – Sr. Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback! We are excited to hear you enjoy working for the firm. We are so glad you feel our culture offers great work life balance, with a focus on our greatest asset - our ... More

3. "Best accounting firm in the industry"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friedman offers a great opportunity to achieve your career goals, be intellectually challenged while also getting to spend time with friends and families. They listen to all employees needs and wants and accommodate the best they can, when it is not feasible they communicate the why so we are not in the dark. My colleagues and I are here to make lasting friendships.

Cons

I hope to see the new management continue to communicate the status and goals of the firm

Advice to Management

Continue to be innovative in your ideas about how to move the firm forward

Mar 7, 2017 – Sr. Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback! We are excited to hear you enjoy working for the firm for over 8 years! We pride ourselves on our work life balance and people culture. We also solicit feedback and ... More

4. "New Employee - Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

Pros

-emphasis on their people
    -great work culture & balance
    -exciting work
    -career path & growth
    -CEO & Partners are very down to earth and approachable

Cons

I'm new, so far everything is great!

5. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, competitive salaries and God work/life balance. Company encourages and is committed to professional development.

Cons

Longer hours during busy season but this is common in public accounting.

Oct 27, 2016 – Sr. Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for providing your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with us. As you mentioned, we continually strive to provide a great work-life balance and culture for ... More

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Pros

Friedman has been a wonderful company to work for so far. In my experience they seem to really care for employees and their well being.

Cons

I do not have any cons for Friedman

Nov 21, 2016 – Sr. Manager of Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback! We do value and care for our employees. That is why we work so hard to provide a rewarding and fun work culture. If you would like to share anything please feel ... More

7. "Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Friedman LLP full-time

Pros

Can work directly with partners and managers. Each person is very happy to teach me whenever I have a question. The firm likes to invest in the employees by providing various trainings. Summer Friday off.

Cons

Lot of working hours during busy season. But it is due to the industry.

8. "Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

I've never worked for a company with more dedication to empowering their employees for balance and success. Communication is great up and down the flow chart and overall the company genuinely cares about how to make the employee's daily experience efficient, rewarding, and fun.

Cons

The company based out of NYC has a lot of excursions for employees in team building. As this is quite a good problem to have a lot of the excursions are close to the NYC office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on driving us forward!

"Cold Office Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Friedman LLP part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some benefits to working for the company. They appreciated the work their employees do.

Cons

Office staff was somewhat rude, negative and miserable. A very cold environment.

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in New York, NY

I worked at Friedman LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing, made strong connections. Summer Fridays off.

Cons

Poor training, advancement upward is not linear - people need to like you to get promoted so it's a popularity contest. Upper management tends to treat staff poorly. Very little to NO diversity within the firm and will single you out. Small company and everyone is in each other's business.

Advice to Management

Promote diversity in your firm, stop the office bullying and create training's to further develop your people.