Friendship Ridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 18, 2017

1.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Transitioning phase from county owned to privatization."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Beaver, PA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Beaver, PA

I have been working at Friendship Ridge full-time

Pros

Good opportunities to advance in pay.

Cons

Overtaxed employees. Burn out is certain.

2. "Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - CNA in Beaver, PA
    Former Employee - CNA in Beaver, PA

Pros

The pay is good, especially for second and third shift. That is really about all I can say that is somewhat positive, unfortunately.

Cons

I could not even begin to name all of them, it would never fit. In a nutshell, consider the fact that despite being one of the highest paying facilities in Beaver County, they still cannot manage to hold onto employees.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about money only ! Take a look at some of your CNAs and the way that they treat your residents. Look into why you can't retain employees, even though you pay a good rate. Do something ! I am very surprised that you are still open and I am sure you won't be in five years time unless you fix what is going on there !

3. "Poor atitudes, a union that protects bad employees, STAY AWAY!"

Current Employee - Certified Nusing Assistant in Beaver, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Nusing Assistant in Beaver, PA

I have been working at Friendship Ridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is much bertter that anything you'll find as a CNA, The benefits are great.

Cons

In nursing it is said that ' Nurses eat thier young". This is especially true here. The long time employees seem to view new employess as opportunities to abuse, humil;iate, and otherwise make a probationary employees' life a living hell. I have personally seen instances of verbal, pschological and even threats of physical abuse directed at good people just try to fit in. This is NOT a good place to work no matter what FR's spin doctors write here.

STAY AWAY if you value your sanity!

Advice to Management

The culure here is a left overe from the county-owned days. The Union, even though they protect good people, they also protect the abusive culture that exists there. I just wonder howe much of this problem is passed on to the residents.

Get control of the jerks, or you'll never accomplish you goal of imporoving the facility. This has cost me my livlihood, and it's was not of my own doing.

"Took job with a open mind but very poorly managed . Management is very very inconsistent an a happy atmosphere to work i"

Former Employee - REG NURSE in Beaver, PA
    Former Employee - REG NURSE in Beaver, PA

Pros

Great benefits an great pay. Holiday pay very good as well as vacation time accrued.. Alot of overtime available if wanted

Cons

Very Very horribly managed .. Very old school.. ALOT of nepotesiam pesent on site.. Inadaquate tools an equipment to perform job effienciently.

Advice to Management

Get manangment that is qualified an consistent -not management that befriends certain employees an hangs out like the enviroment is high school

5. "LPN"

I worked at Friendship Ridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits, good upper management, work as much overtime as you want

Cons

Employees are all in cliques, hard to become part of, required to work way too many weekends, vacations are given by seniority

6. "No Focus"

Pros

Pay is decent as well as healthcare benefits

Cons

They are very shady with their pay. They will not put benefit time on their paystubs in hopes that you won't use it or miscalculate how much you have. They do not pay some professions overtime so I would inquire if you get paid overtime or not.

Advice to Management

Employees want a few things: A decent schedule, decent pay, feel like they contribute, and respect.

7. "I wouldn't bother"

Former Employee - CNA
    Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Friendship Ridge full-time

Pros

Patients and families are great...

Cons

One huge pulsing mess of cliques. If you're not part of one, pure hell.

Advice to Management

Stop being soft on the troublemakers. If they harass, fire them.

8. "LPN"

I have been working at Friendship Ridge full-time

Pros

Nothing good except pay rate..

Cons

Management, schedule, forced to work every holiday, belittled when asking a question.

Advice to Management

Really nerd to look at your management.. they become to "friendly" with the staff.. will take 30-45 min smoke breaks with them.. you ask managent for help you consistantly get belittle by them.. they basically let a select few employees run the place.. maybe if a few of these issues were addressed they would be able to keep staff.. you are so short staffed that its unsafe most of the time.. I do not recommond working here!

9. "Typical for profit facility"

Pros

Reasonable Benefits and PTO

Cons

Large facility, lots of turnover.