Frontier Reviews

Updated May 23, 2022

Found 1,984 of over 2,096 reviews

3.1
Frontier President and CEO Nick Jeffery (no image)
Nick Jeffery

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits were good as a former Verizon employee until 2011 started and health care was changed.(in 232 reviews)
  • "Good pay and every Tuesday all of management disappear for 3(in 198 reviews)
  • "Sometimes you get lucky enough to work with really great people and form amazing bonds.(in 122 reviews)
  • "company offers a good salary(in 31 reviews)
  • "Great boss, flexible hours, work from home(in 22 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Frontier and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Customer Service Tech

Dec 3, 2021 - Customer Service Technician in Martin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, raise after 1 year on. Company will teach you the job as long as you show some relevant work experience in the field and are willing to learn. Work M-F 8-4:30

Cons

Work in all weather. Hot, cold, rain, snow.

Employer Branding

We’re glad that you view Frontier as a place to grow and learn. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great pay

Jul 29, 2021 - Business Consultant in Stone Mountain, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and commision and benefits

Cons

Phone routing not so good

Employer Branding

It’s great to hear that you enjoy the benefits and perks offered at Frontier. We’re always striving to make sure our employees feel valued. Thanks for your review!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

This Company Discriminates And Is Full Of Hypocrites

Apr 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and remote working conditions.

Cons

They are discriminating against those that do not have the vaccine. After 1.5 years, they are getting rid of people who do not have the vaccine. They "say" you can apply for a religious or medical waiver. I applied for a religious waiver and they denied me. So I made a Dr's appointment and my Dr completed the medical waiver. They denied me again for "lack of sufficient medical evidence". I didn't know Frontier had a licensed MD on staff to review my case? Apprantely. my Dr's recommendation and my health mean NOTHING to them. I was also told that they were "not approving waivers for anyone right now". I WORK FROM HOME. Why do they care and why are they firing me over it?

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Changing for the better

May 23, 2022 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Frontier's CEO Nick is making changes that are positively changing the company.

Cons

mobility in the company should be discussed more.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share! At Frontier, we aim to create an environment that fosters collaboration, growth, and positivity. Please know you can contact us at FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.comto share additional details as it can help us improve for the future.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Stay far, far away

May 18, 2022 - Operations Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote- Work from Home allowed. Company has been doing it since the mid 2000s Most coworkers were good people just trying to make the best of a horrible situation working for Frontier.

Cons

Horrible pay, after 19 years with the company I did not get more than $9 in total pay increase. Yep, a whole $.50 cents a year. I started at $10/hour and ended at $19. Didnt even keep up with inflation. Every year I stayed with the company I became poorer. Its my fault for staying, I should have bailed much sooner. Fast food places are now paying better than Frontier, and you'll probably do less work. Frontier is all about squeezing every ounce of blood out of you. I even mentioned this and the way management excused Frontiers pay was "fast food places can afford that by giving you less fries to make up for it". Meanwhile the CEOs salary is 1.3 million before his additional bonuses. Their executive chairman made 48.5 million in 2021. All while going through bankruptcy. What a company! Commission is offered, but its impossible to get due to unachievable, moving goal posts. For a couple months, we had a large influx of work due to outside vendors. Those months we made commission, and we were chastised by management for "taking advantage of the situation", and then the goal posts moved so we still had the large influx of work but with goals you could no longer hit. So more work, less pay. Par for the course with Frontier! Benefits are expensive. I paid over $900 a month for insurance for me and my family, again reducing the tiny amount of pay I actually received from Frontier. Micromanagement. They track every single thing you do. Every moment you are idle, every break you take, every single call you make or take is recorded including your screen for review by anybody in management. On top of all the calls you have to field, they also introduced WFM, which funnels you offline work to also work on, so while you are on a call with a customer you can also work on other work that doesnt get you any closer to making commission. Better hope you complete your calls and offline work within their "goal" time or you will have you manager breathing down your neck. No chance for advancement. Unless someone in management dies or quits, good luck trying to move into one of those positions. I went out of my way to travel for the company when needs came up (when they bought out other companies) to never see any kind of advancement, raises, etc.

Employer Branding

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I can assure you, this does not align with our values. We’d like to hear more about your experience so we can be sure to address any issues. Please contact our Employee Support Team at FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

New logo, new culture

Apr 30, 2022 - Account Executive II in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, CEO is awesome and puts the customer first. The new Frontier is very competitive and has made many positive changes. GREAT company!

Cons

Very few but like all sales jobs are commission structure continues to change but as long as you know your comp plan you will find a way to maximize it.

Employer Branding

We’re always striving to create a positive environment where our employees can succeed. We’re thrilled you’ve found a positive space at Frontier. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

upper management is clueless

May 8, 2022 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

there isnt many. CEO is moving the company in the right direction.

Cons

upper management doesn't care about the the people that make everything happen in the field. Techs just get crapped on by upper management. Field techs are the only reason this company is the only reason this company made it through bankruptcy.

Employer Branding

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m sorry to hear you felt unsupported by your management team. One of our top priorities is ensuring an environment where employees feel heard and valued. Please contact FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.comto provide more feedback on how we can improve for the future. Thank you.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review

May 23, 2022 - Fiber Network Field Technician in Redondo Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Time off. co workers are great.

Cons

management, underpaid, over worked, dated software.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share. We assure you that staying current, both for our employees and our customers, is a top priority for us. We note and appreciate your feedback as it helps us work towards a better future. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please contact FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.com

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

No work life balance

May 13, 2022 - Fiber Optic Technician in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, halfway decent pay

Cons

No work life balance, they want to work you every Saturday, micro managed, no training at all figure it out for yourself mentally, to cheap at every level. Requiring you to work late every night.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Pay doesn’t match workload

May 16, 2022 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can learn a lot in the role because you will have a lot of work to manage

Cons

Management takes advantage of corporate employees by under paying and over working. Please truly vet and research culture before accepting a job here

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we care a great deal about our employees from the top down. Please know you can reach out to FrontierCareersFeedback@ftr.comto share more about your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,984 Reviews

Frontier Reviews FAQs

Frontier has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 2,096 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Frontier to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Frontier employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Frontier. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

51% of Frontier employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Frontier 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Frontier to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Frontier Job Seekers