GT Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Lance

"I hope they get back on track."

I worked at GT Software full-time

Pros

They had a good culture.

Cons

There was a lack of direction

Advice to Management

Get back to basics

"Too unstable, look elsewhere"

I have been working at GT Software full-time

Pros

The company has good benefits and pay if you can keep your head down and focus on your work rather than the constant churn of executive management, sales, and corporate direction.

Cons

For a long time the company has been a revolving door for executive management and salespeople, cleaning house and starting over every 18-24 months. And with each new team in place, they hire all of their friends and typically send the company in a new direction - prioritizing and/or de-prioritizing different product lines. The last set of executives was fired in July, 2016 and no more have been hired. There is only 1 salesperson trying to sell new products and things are very quiet so it feels ominous for the future. No raises or bonuses in 2 years even though one was promised last summer and then reneged.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick to it long enough to give it a chance to succeed. Stop waffling back and forth between being a mainframe company or not being a mainframe company. Communicate with the employees and trust people that have been loyal to the company.

"Think before you accept any offer..."

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Answer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Answer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GT Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, fairly diverse technology, albeit a bit dated now.
    New management normally has honeymoon grace period of 3 to 6 months.
    R&D side of company can offer good experience for resume building.

Cons

Been a revolving door for sales and marketing for a many years.
    Do not expect for the management that hires you to be employed after 12 to 18 months.

Advice to Management

Sell the company before the maintenance revenues dry up.

"Stay Away"

I have been working at GT Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good technology...right place at the right time by providing mainframe integration solutions to web based and mobile applications.

Cons

Owner turns over entire management team and shifts focus every 12-18 months. Not a good place to work. Lot of internal politics and people constantly jockeying for favoritism from the owner. No direction or focus. Cannot see how the company will be in business in 2 or 3 years.

Advice to Management

Owner needs to step away and once again and bring in a management team that knows how to run a software business. Cannot second guess the decisions and fire them again in 18 months.

"One piece of advice--Avoid"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Dundee, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Dundee, IL

I worked at GT Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people
    Excellent Technology
    Great software development process

Cons

terrible culture
    No clue how to sell solutions

"Read past posts and stay away...nothings changed."

Pros

Development keep this ship afloat. Company would be out of business if it weren't for loyalty
    Good if you need just a little experience to get that next job
    CEO is nice, but not intouch with the day-to-day mismanagement
    A kitchen stocked with food (that eveyone touches...)

Cons

Extremely high turnover during the past 5 years (exclude development)
    Company shifts entire focus every few years
    Poor processes throughout the business
    Good people leave quickly for better opportunities
    Terminated employees (good and bad) are cast away with medical benefits turned off immediately (heartless)
    Mass layoff of majority of sales force summer 2015
    Entire executive board replaced summer/fall 2015
    Company continues to slowly reduce force throughout entire business... (who's next?)
    No marketing department

Advice to Management

A company that isn't the size of IBM can't expect to operate it, regardless of how many former IBM employees are hired.

8. "A change for the better........future looks bright!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

OK... let’s get this out of the way. I was not asked by management to write a review. I feel a few things need to be mentioned before "you" make your judgement about this company. There has been a complete overhaul with the executive leadership team - from the CEO to the EVP of Sales last year. I would agree with the prior bad reviews - the old regime was "lacking'.. to be nice. Try to imagine a bunch of accountants trying to run an software sales company. The direction of the company was lost and the focus on the products missed the boat. The new executive team has deep roots in sales, software and product knowledge. There is now a clear path to the future and enormous room for growth and stability. I can’t think of a better place to be at the present time. As mentioned in earlier posts, the kitchen is stocked weekly.. and yes there are both healthy and unhealthy options to choose from. We are all adults here.. you can choose to eat health or not. The management team has an open door policy which is nice... The environment is very conducive to learning and everyone seems to pitch in when needed. The pace is fast.. so you need to be able to adjust to speed bumps as when they come. GT Software has a family atmosphere where ones voice can be heard. The corporate benefits are very good, as they pay 93% of your healthcare plan. I can only see a bright future ahead for this company as it continues to grow and maintain its leadership position.

Cons

i cannot think of any at the present time. But I am sure as with any company... not everyone is going to agree with how things are managed. My feeling here is you can always find another job.

Advice to Management

Keep of the great work! You have turned this ship around. Stay focused and true to your mission. Great things are happening!

"Utopia found"

I have been working at GT Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a manager I can tell you everything at GT Software is just great, it's all great great great!!! I wish I had been born at GT Software and spent my entire life in the office. The best part of my job has been helping to get rid of all those ney-sayers. I know most were talented contributors but their failure to blindly follow the direction of the month was totally unacceptable.

Cons

We have to go home at night and the office is closed on holidays. I wish there were more hours in the day to spend learning from the greatness upper management shows each day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the perfection and keep getting rid of employees who dare to question your vision. You truly do know it all!

"Keep looking"

I worked at GT Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with (some at least)
    Full benefit package
    Employee outings and activities
    Clean office space

Cons

Under paid. I can guarantee you if you keep looking you can find a similar position elsewhere with 25-30% more pay than what GT is offering. And if they mention Bonuses....don't actually expect to get one. You will never see a dime of the so called bonus! I was promised a 5K bonus on top of my salary, ended up getting a total of $200 after asking for a raise. Very generous of them! Management will put whomever they like on a pedestal (regardless of performance) and disregard those whom they don't like (even if they do all the work). Upper management don't even trust employees. They promise you can work from home (sometimes) then watch your every move on Lync or report you if you come in 10mins passed the hour in the morning, or let "some" work from home, and others not. Employees should not have to "worry" about being watched all the time if they get the work they are supposed to done. Stop living in the past and catch up with the 20th century.

Advice to Management

Please stop asking your employees to write FALSE reviews with high rating. Just learn to accept the facts and listen to what your employees have to say. Those 5 employees that you might have that are happy, are not a good representation of what the others feel. You want REAL feedback and suggestions, then read all the other reviews written by former employees. You can talk when the current employees are still with you next year. Chances are they will be let go of, or leave on their own like the others did. I believe there are only 5 employees out of 50 that have been with GT for more than 2 years. That says something...

"Getting better everyday!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at GT Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great and I think the management team is on the right track to making this an incredible company.
     - New product development is underway.
     - The culture is one that everyone matters equally and political manipulation is not tolerated. (I have worked in companies where culture is dictated by the squeaky wheels, its no fun and management is eliminating that in a great way.)
     - The camaraderie and team work is well supported with internal activities and events as well as employee-nominated awards program.
    All in all a great, growing, thriving environment.

Cons

When I came to GT Software there were some "but we've always done it this way - complainers" starting to hinder the innovation and performance. A strong concerted effort by the new management team has gotten things turned around. There has been a lot of turnover, but its all been for the better as the company has "allowed the naysayers to seek other opportunities." For those of us left, it continues to get better and better...

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth and encouraging the positive, innovative atmosphere. It is exciting to be a part of it!