Gallup Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

4.2
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton
Pros
  • "Latest Tech stack; Flexible work environment;(in 36 reviews)

• "Flexible Schedule/Work Life balance(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "work/life balance, no structure, overwork culture(in 20 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

The best place I've ever worked

Mar 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility. Don't have to worry about vacation time. Parent friendly. Managers are caring. You are on a team of high performers. It's hard to get in, so your team members are high quality.

Cons

You have to learn how to manage yourself because your manager may not give you a lot of direction. This is freeing, but also disorienting for the first year. You have to speak up when you feel overloaded, communicate what you want to work on, and craft your career. It's easy to burn yourself out because you are running with highly motivated high-performers. It's a great problem to have, there's a lot of freedom, but you have to take ownership of your own work life.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

May 13, 2021 - Consultant in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Takes into account your talents and usually lets you use them in your role! Flexible in many jobs. It has allowed me as a father to pick up my kids from school every day. (not all jobs might be like this) Gallup hires good managers so that most managers care about your well being and foster positive discussions

Cons

Getting a job really just depends on your talents. If you're not a fit, don't be discouraged. I wasn't for one job and now I'm happy I didn't get it. Not as creative of an organization. Tend to be too Nebraska-centric and conservative. Behind the times in thinking of ways to grow. Marketing is not strong.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best people and best organization I have ever worked for.

May 11, 2021 - Talent Management Associate in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic managers with a focus on caring for and developing each individual. High mission throughout the organization. Flexible schedules with and emphasis on productivity versus rigid systems.

Cons

That high mission can make it hard to disconnect for down time. I do not like commuting but the office is fabulous too.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Incredible culture - love it here!

May 2, 2021 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hands down we have some of the most talented and caring people working here! High achieving culture where everyone brings their A+ game to the table every day. In addition to the great flexibility and pay, we have an inclusive culture where you get opportunities to play to your strengths and create your own path. New joiners quickly get opportunities to work directly with clients and go through key experiences throughout their career learning from some of the best consultants and leaders.

Cons

No downsides. You make of it what you want and get what you put in. Great place to work!

5. 5.0

Best Place to Work!

May 10, 2021 - Administrative Coordinator in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love what I do everyday! I feel like my job is important, and the company cares about me!

Cons

Only apply if you are ready to spend forever here! Once you are here, you will not want to leave!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strengths based culture with world class managers

May 9, 2021 - Client Relationship Manager in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible leadership, culture of learning and development

Cons

Teams are growing and developing new processes to keep up with high volume of work.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for! Smart and caring people. Making the world a better place

Apr 6, 2021 - Data Scientist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very smart people, Mission-driven company, Mission to make the world a better place. Exciting and interesting projects, Cares about its employees

Cons

Work/life balance can be better

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Do work that matters alongside talented colleagues

Jan 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gallup has an incredibly talented team of associates who work hard and do important work to serve clients across a range of industries and topics. There’s a rich mission and it’s easy to see the impact of your work.

Cons

Workplace flexibility has always been a part of the culture at Gallup. Because many employees are naturally hard-working and driven, this may mean working long hours with little vacation. Not because you’re required to - it’s a personal choice but it still happens sometimes. I think that’s changing but it’s been an issue for some in the past.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Gallup practices what they preach!

Feb 10, 2021 - Business Solutions Associate in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting in my role a few weeks before Covid shut the world down, Gallup adjusted quickly and had constant communication. My development has been a top priority for the company with investing in Strengths, my Go-to continually creating opportunities for me, and all people in my department creating a great atmosphere. We definitely have a culture of recognition here and I feel so much purpose in what I am doing.

Cons

We have a very flexible work environment and I think right now it is a hard balance getting some people to go back to the office and not have the same well-being we would usually have with the energy of the office.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee

once great company financially rocky

Apr 30, 2021 - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Omaha, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

incredible people, beautiful building, decent childcare

Cons

When the pandemic hit, they immediately had to furlough people by the end of March. Saddened to find out that had so little in cash reserves or financial stability.

1 person found this review helpful