Gallup Reviews | Glassdoor

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance doesn't exist" (in 16 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"First 6 weeks at Gallup - Technology Manager"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gallup has a pathway to excellence on boarding program that offers a comprehensive overview of Gallup, the history of the company, why we do what we do and how we go about doing it. The on boarding program spans months and is all about relationships, meeting people, connecting to the ecosystem, and learning about how you can be a great Gallup citizen.

Here's what I have figured out in my first 6 weeks:

Gallup isn't your typical "Corporate America" business - people are highly engaged, super accountable, and get stuff done! We work hard and play hard.

There is very little red tape - if you need something, make your case for it. If it adds value and has a good ROI, you will likely get it. If it's a nice to have, you'll learn we are fiscally conservative and proud of it.

It's flat and title agnostic - you will not find an org chart when you start and titles won't help you understand what people do. If fact, my title isn't manger, it's "go-to" as in a person others can go-to if they need something. The idea is to do what you do best for the majority of your day. This is why relationship building is critical - it's like getting a 500 piece puzzle without a picture and you will need to figure out how it all fits together. (My puzzle is still a work in progress - it will take a while to figure out the matrix)

It's like a small town / big family - it seemed like everyone I was introduced to or introduced myself to had heard I was hired, heard my name and knew I was the new manager in technology. I felt a little like the shiny new toy at Christmas.

There is no rule book - you will need to find out how you can add the most value based on what you bring to the table - if you are a black and white thinker, this could be hard - if you are wired like an entrepreneur, this could be AWESOME!

Campus and Benefits:
    The campus is beautiful, there is plenty of open collaboration space/conference rooms and tons of natural light. We have an on-site cafeteria with free coffee (its great), on-site gym with trainers (they are awesome), a full service credit union (they are great to work it) and more. We are all about well being from every aspect!

Our health insurance is a high deductible plan and is by far the most affordable plan I've ever seen! It was like getting a raise when I signed up compared to what I paid at prior employers. We also have 401K, disability, life, vision, dental, etc. You will have a one on one session to understand it all when you join.

Overall:
    Hopefully this gives you a really good idea of what you might expect if you are looking at Gallup. When I looked at Glass Door reviews prior to joining Gallup, they didn't help me as much as I had hoped so I wanted to put this out there. In my first 6 weeks, I can say that I am thrilled to be a part of the Gallup tribe and can see myself staying for a very long time!!

P.S. Our talent team is pretty awesome - you should connect with them for more info.

Cons

See the pros to determine if this is the type of place you could see yourself fitting into.

Gallup Response

Feb 27, 2018 – CHRO

Welcome to Gallup and thank you for your review! We work very hard on maintaining an authentic and high performance culture that ultimately drives great client work and impact. We are glad you have... More

2. "Great culture, great developmental opportunities, and growing"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Exceptional place to learn and grow. Each day brings the excitement of working at a start-up with the reach and resources of working for a well-respected global brand. Strong relationships and unique expertise in the talent management industry--most team members I work with have been here for 10 - 40 years. Leadership treats us like family, values everyone's opinions, and encourages us to innovate and stretch ourselves.

Cons

Management consulting is hard work and requires you to development expertise that takes a lot of studying and experience. We advise the biggest companies in the world on technical matters that require experienced change management. Most young consultants don't realize the technical expertise it requires or how much work big, long-cycle projects actually take. Given those industry requirements, I can't imagine a consulting firm more committed to offering flexibility, well-being perks, and a focus on work-life integration.

3. "Gallup"

Current Employee - Software Applications Developer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Applications Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gallup values people, and we within most teams value each other

We know how to have fun and recognize accomplishments

We are leveraging the leading edge of technology (my macbook pro has a nice sticker that says "I Build on aws", and we really do)

We have an on-site cafeteria that offers breakfast and lunch, very nice

Excellence is just the norm;
    Most people here are over-achievers, therefore standards are crazy high

We are proud of what we build, and what those tools doing for our clients

Cons

We are high achievers, and we are driven; so we tend to average 43-45 hrs/wk

4. "Technical Project Administrator (basically a project manager)"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Truly flexible work hours
    -Culture based on giving thanks and recognition for good work
    -Culture based on developing your strengths, not dealing with your weaknesses
    -Exposure to high priority projects and stakeholders right away
    -Dedication to the highest quality work
    -Getting payed based on performance

Cons

-Like any large company, there are lots of cooks in the kitchen and sometimes it feels like things aren't being handled in the most efficient way (need too many people to sign off on something)

5. "Established & Secure"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible benefits, in office amenities, and flex-time.

Cons

Not good for a young individual looking to move fast and learn a lot. Work comes very slowly and often it's not exciting.

Advice to Management

Speak to your employees more

"Outstanding Company!"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diversity, great culture and values makes me consider Gallup my second home. Gallup offers great career opportunities, interesting project to work on, and a world class group of professionals.

Cons

None to mention at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the phenomenal work!

"Reflections of 18 years at Gallup"

Current Employee - Performance Line Lead in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Performance Line Lead in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

18 years. 4 different roles. Opportunity to grow people, our business, and myself has been a constant theme. I was reflecting with colleagues on "why we work here" the other day and heard things like: autonomy, earned independence, impact and growth, forward and futuristic company, Well-Being and the opportunity to do what I do best, growth and development, challenges and opportunities, ownership of the place through stock, purpose in my contribution, passion/talent people have for their clients/careers, BFAWs (best friends at work), flexibility, transparency and trust - Gallup says and lives it all. I'm grateful to experience these daily.

Cons

Gallup has very little hierarchy or micromanagement, so you need to have a high sense of ownership & self-confidence for all you do, or you won't love it here.

"Consultant"

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great mission, product, people. They hire for culture so even though your co-workers are different, there's still a common thread among everyone. Overall I loved my time here.

Cons

Wants to be a big 5 consulting firm to the detriment of the company. Doesn't embrace the opportunities in the market that's the best fit. Changing strategy often. Can put you in a box and not let you develop if it doesn't align with your interview at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, great mission, lots to learn, great co-workers (depending on office)

Cons

Very different experience in each office (I worked in three different locations), some great, some less so, lots of verbal support from management and leadership, but little follow through, lots of favoritism, very numbers oriented with almost no sales support

"Business Development"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great culture, flexible work schedule... are who they say the are. Strengths based, pro employee and really care about you as an individual. Great management !

Cons

I do not have any - I love our research and application

Advice to Management

N.A