Gallup Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "flexible work schedule and competitve pay" (in 32 reviews)

• "Wonderful work life balance conditions" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/Life balance doesn't exist" (in 16 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"First 6 weeks at Gallup - Technology Manager"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gallup has a pathway to excellence on boarding program that offers a comprehensive overview of Gallup, the history of the company, why we do what we do and how we go about doing it. The on boarding program spans months and is all about relationships, meeting people, connecting to the ecosystem, and learning about how you can be a great Gallup citizen.

Here's what I have figured out in my first 6 weeks:

Gallup isn't your typical "Corporate America" business - people are highly engaged, super accountable, and get stuff done! We work hard and play hard.

There is very little red tape - if you need something, make your case for it. If it adds value and has a good ROI, you will likely get it. If it's a nice to have, you'll learn we are fiscally conservative and proud of it.

It's flat and title agnostic - you will not find an org chart when you start and titles won't help you understand what people do. If fact, my title isn't manger, it's "go-to" as in a person others can go-to if they need something. The idea is to do what you do best for the majority of your day. This is why relationship building is critical - it's like getting a 500 piece puzzle without a picture and you will need to figure out how it all fits together. (My puzzle is still a work in progress - it will take a while to figure out the matrix)

It's like a small town / big family - it seemed like everyone I was introduced to or introduced myself to had heard I was hired, heard my name and knew I was the new manager in technology. I felt a little like the shiny new toy at Christmas.

There is no rule book - you will need to find out how you can add the most value based on what you bring to the table - if you are a black and white thinker, this could be hard - if you are wired like an entrepreneur, this could be AWESOME!

Campus and Benefits:
    The campus is beautiful, there is plenty of open collaboration space/conference rooms and tons of natural light. We have an on-site cafeteria with free coffee (its great), on-site gym with trainers (they are awesome), a full service credit union (they are great to work it) and more. We are all about well being from every aspect!

Our health insurance is a high deductible plan and is by far the most affordable plan I've ever seen! It was like getting a raise when I signed up compared to what I paid at prior employers. We also have 401K, disability, life, vision, dental, etc. You will have a one on one session to understand it all when you join.

Overall:
    Hopefully this gives you a really good idea of what you might expect if you are looking at Gallup. When I looked at Glass Door reviews prior to joining Gallup, they didn't help me as much as I had hoped so I wanted to put this out there. In my first 6 weeks, I can say that I am thrilled to be a part of the Gallup tribe and can see myself staying for a very long time!!

P.S. Our talent team is pretty awesome - you should connect with them for more info.

Cons

See the pros to determine if this is the type of place you could see yourself fitting into.

Gallup Response

Feb 27, 2018 – CHRO

Welcome to Gallup and thank you for your review! We work very hard on maintaining an authentic and high performance culture that ultimately drives great client work and impact. We are glad you have... More

"A working family with a purpose."

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Engaging, Intrepreneurial, Mission-Driven Culture, Care about you as an individual. Lots of very talented, dedicated people work at Gallup

Cons

High expectations. The culture is very intrepreneurial, if you need a very structured environment, this might not be the best fit.

"Best job"

Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really make sure that you are as engaged as possible at your job and you know what is expected of you. They also make sure that they invest time to develop you to the best of your abilities.

Cons

I do not see any cons.

Advice to Management

You’re doing great!

"Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

most interesting subjects in the world--smartest people--"Gallup" brand stays with you for life as credential

Cons

most ambitious are sent all over the world--I was sent to Baghdad, Russia, middle east and africa

Advice to Management

Gallup's high purpose/strengths-based culture blows away competitors low mission highly political workplaces

"Senior Workplace Consultant"

Current Employee - senior workplace consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - senior workplace consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to work and they strongly believe in work life balance!!!

Cons

No reals cons for me at Gallup, perfect place for me

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility. You are able to manage projects and time on your own, very little micro management but your manager it absolutley there to help if needed. Great technoloyg teams. Best of all, everyone is dedicated to quality.

Cons

This company is great, no cons.

Advice to Management

This company is great, no advice to management.

"Several Great Years So Far"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've found my experience at Gallup to be both great and better than I've experienced at other companies. I've always felt valued and treated with great respect. It means a lot to be recognized as an individual rather than just another employee number. I've found Gallup large enough to contribute towards meaningful work and growth without being so large that it's hard to be visible. The company and industry as a whole are both changing rapidly and I've been pleased to see Gallup address these market opportunities proactively. I feel there is a strong future given the commitment to quality and passion for the work of my colleagues. The culture of the company and impact of its work are definitely the two best parts of working at Gallup.

Cons

Gallup and the industry are going through a lot of change. I think those that struggle with change have felt pain during these transitions. However, I feel several can definitely thrive if you embrace change and see it as an opportunity to increase your personal brand by contributing towards the areas that are improving and growing.

Advice to Management

You're doing well. As with any company, communication and support are key. Keep up the frequent and different communication channels and weekly and/or monthly meetings for your team.

"Best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Smart, smart people to work with every day.
    -People that really care about you as a person: leadership, colleagues, best friends at work.
    -People that really care about the success of the company.
    -People that really care about the mission of the company.
    -Opportunities to continuously learn and grow.
    -Strengths-based organization where you get to do what you do best every day.
    -Challenging and engaging work.
    -Flexible work environment, in terms of both working hours and locations.
    -Very little bureaucracy to getting work done. If you see a better way of doing something, you can do it because the outcome is what is important.

Cons

-If you are a person that wants a job that is the same everyday or operates best in the black and white, you may struggle at Gallup. People that thrive on new challenges and can work in the "gray" will love it.

Advice to Management

Remain employee owned so all associates have the opportunity to share in the success of the company.

"Great place to work!!"

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

the opportunity to work and learn from insightful people (including top senior scientists), extensive travel, wonderful clients, and really kind people internally. After working in an environment where people aren't kind, this was really refreshing.

Cons

the best friend at work environment increases trust, communication, and fun but it comes with a depressing downside. People do not exit Gallup well. Once exited, they harbor anger toward the company for years in an obsessive way. Some were my friends and I encourage them to move on from the pain they are experiencing. I hope they can channel this energy in a positive way to a new career or that Glassdoor helps ease their pain.

Advice to Management

continue the wonderful work. I really enjoy being a part of an organization that produces famous content.

the work from home policies have made the buildings feel empty

"Great workplace, great people, great mission!"

Former Employee - Systems Applications Developer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Systems Applications Developer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The culture at Gallup is strong and upbeat in nature.
    - Flex time is fantastic
    - Intramural Sports/Office Gym (at the Omaha offices)
    - Monthly awards and recognition
    - The development team has some of the smartest and hardest working people I have met.

Cons

I can't think of any negative experiences I've had at Gallup.

Advice to Management

I think the direction Gallup has taken in the past year have shown they are truly invested in technology as a core component of their business. Keep up the great work!