Gallup Reviews | Glassdoor

Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/Life balance doesn't exist" (in 16 reviews)

• "Employee engagement activities went from being a paid and frequent staple that employees looked forward to, to infrequent and unpaid requirements" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"First 6 weeks at Gallup - Technology Manager"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technology Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gallup has a pathway to excellence on boarding program that offers a comprehensive overview of Gallup, the history of the company, why we do what we do and how we go about doing it. The on boarding program spans months and is all about relationships, meeting people, connecting to the ecosystem, and learning about how you can be a great Gallup citizen.

Here's what I have figured out in my first 6 weeks:

Gallup isn't your typical "Corporate America" business - people are highly engaged, super accountable, and get stuff done! We work hard and play hard.

There is very little red tape - if you need something, make your case for it. If it adds value and has a good ROI, you will likely get it. If it's a nice to have, you'll learn we are fiscally conservative and proud of it.

It's flat and title agnostic - you will not find an org chart when you start and titles won't help you understand what people do. If fact, my title isn't manger, it's "go-to" as in a person others can go-to if they need something. The idea is to do what you do best for the majority of your day. This is why relationship building is critical - it's like getting a 500 piece puzzle without a picture and you will need to figure out how it all fits together. (My puzzle is still a work in progress - it will take a while to figure out the matrix)

It's like a small town / big family - it seemed like everyone I was introduced to or introduced myself to had heard I was hired, heard my name and knew I was the new manager in technology. I felt a little like the shiny new toy at Christmas.

There is no rule book - you will need to find out how you can add the most value based on what you bring to the table - if you are a black and white thinker, this could be hard - if you are wired like an entrepreneur, this could be AWESOME!

Campus and Benefits:
    The campus is beautiful, there is plenty of open collaboration space/conference rooms and tons of natural light. We have an on-site cafeteria with free coffee (its great), on-site gym with trainers (they are awesome), a full service credit union (they are great to work it) and more. We are all about well being from every aspect!

Our health insurance is a high deductible plan and is by far the most affordable plan I've ever seen! It was like getting a raise when I signed up compared to what I paid at prior employers. We also have 401K, disability, life, vision, dental, etc. You will have a one on one session to understand it all when you join.

Overall:
    Hopefully this gives you a really good idea of what you might expect if you are looking at Gallup. When I looked at Glass Door reviews prior to joining Gallup, they didn't help me as much as I had hoped so I wanted to put this out there. In my first 6 weeks, I can say that I am thrilled to be a part of the Gallup tribe and can see myself staying for a very long time!!

P.S. Our talent team is pretty awesome - you should connect with them for more info.

Cons

See the pros to determine if this is the type of place you could see yourself fitting into.

Gallup Response

Feb 27, 2018 – CHRO

Welcome to Gallup and thank you for your review! We work very hard on maintaining an authentic and high performance culture that ultimately drives great client work and impact. We are glad you have... More

2. "great place to work"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

The mission of the organization is incredible. Unlimited vacation is also great. Flexible schedules

Cons

I can't think of any

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, great mission, lots to learn, great co-workers (depending on office)

Cons

Very different experience in each office (I worked in three different locations), some great, some less so, lots of verbal support from management and leadership, but little follow through, lots of favoritism, very numbers oriented with almost no sales support

4. "Consultant"

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great mission, product, people. They hire for culture so even though your co-workers are different, there's still a common thread among everyone. Overall I loved my time here.

Cons

Wants to be a big 5 consulting firm to the detriment of the company. Doesn't embrace the opportunities in the market that's the best fit. Changing strategy often. Can put you in a box and not let you develop if it doesn't align with your interview at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!

5. "Business Development"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Great culture, flexible work schedule... are who they say the are. Strengths based, pro employee and really care about you as an individual. Great management !

Cons

I do not have any - I love our research and application

Advice to Management

N.A

"Reflections of 18 years at Gallup"

Current Employee - Performance Line Lead in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Performance Line Lead in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

18 years. 4 different roles. Opportunity to grow people, our business, and myself has been a constant theme. I was reflecting with colleagues on "why we work here" the other day and heard things like: autonomy, earned independence, impact and growth, forward and futuristic company, Well-Being and the opportunity to do what I do best, growth and development, challenges and opportunities, ownership of the place through stock, purpose in my contribution, passion/talent people have for their clients/careers, BFAWs (best friends at work), flexibility, transparency and trust - Gallup says and lives it all. I'm grateful to experience these daily.

Cons

Gallup has very little hierarchy or micromanagement, so you need to have a high sense of ownership & self-confidence for all you do, or you won't love it here.

"Gallup Review"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Flexibility, down to earth co-workers, and ability to learn new things in a comfortable environment.

Cons

Limited technology and resources at times. The job at times is a bit more widespread than originally discussed - could say that about most places though.

Advice to Management

A lot of talented people with specific expertise is at your disposal. Let their jobs be more specific to that role without others affecting them.

8. "Consultant"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Growing company with more and more interesting projects. The business community is valuable human capital consulting more than it ever has. Gallup is breaking its historical mold as just a survey company and becoming more of an advisor. The process takes time.

Cons

Sometimes put into "just a survey company" bucket and can be hard to gain access to decision makers at client

9. "Second Home"

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

I feel so fortunate to be employed by Gallup, it truly feels like my second home. Not everyone can say they wake up every morning before the alarm sounds excited to come to work and feel like they are in a position that allows them to do what they do best, but that is exactly what you get to do when you work at Gallup. Gallup has encouraged me to develop and grow professionally while also supporting my personal life. Just one example of this is from a couple of weeks ago when I had a meeting with my manager who took time out of her busy day to connect and work with me on developing as a leader and then I get out of that meeting to go and nurse my daughter who is in the Gallup Child Development Center. This is just one example of how Gallup helps me meet my work/life goals.

Cons

Sometimes working across departments and teams can be difficult.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly engaged workforce. Stimulating environment where your co-workers work hard, care about you as a person, and collaborate to create impact for our clients. Opportunity to balance life with work --focus is on performance, not how the work gets done. Life is just better at Gallup!

Cons

No cons to share here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The company is grounded in strong ethics and is guided by great managers and leaders who make sound business decisions. Proud to be a part of this team and excited about the future here.