Gallup Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gallup Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Clifton
Jim Clifton

Pros
Cons
  • Consulting position has ZERO work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Most people in the US offices work very long hours and do not like to take time off (in 11 reviews)

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

OUTSTANDING People. Smart and personable. Team oriented. Great subject matter. Real world impact!

Cons

Poor management. As always, your experience will depend upon your manager. The Western Region Managing Partner is outstanding!!! Other leadership in Nebraska and Washington DC are not so great

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and go with it. Value your employees and don't twist their careers like they're blocks in a Rubic's Cube. Watch some of your middle managers in Nebraska. Are they helping or hurting your cause?

2. "Great environment"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great brand, impact, and exposure to client executives.

Cons

Sink or swim based on manager, team, and clients.

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Amazing mission, culture, and people.

Cons

Long hours, but are very fulfilling.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance, respect from leaders of organization

Cons

Gallup is a flat organization, and administrative assistants have no growth course

"More good than bad"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is about making lives better, flexible schedules and ability to sometimes work from home, fair pay and ability to control part of the pay based on performance, culture of recognition.

Cons

Ever changing targets and processes -- need the ability to go with the flow, manager will make or break the team, VERY high expectations.

"Nepotism is the name of the game!"

Former Employee - Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plan to work here for guaranteed pay only during training. But keep looking good for a hourly paid job. This is not the type of job that will pay your bills. Students makeup 98% of the workforce.

Cons

Not good for money. Some long timers work Saturday or Sunday, or both to make the money they weren't able to earn during the week. Expect that working extra hours hoping to make the money leaves no time for a life.

Advice to Management

They've heard it all, but don't care. It's a numbers game and they know it. I've heard enough from employees that work there that are not happy. One person told me it was a scam.

"All is not as it seems... don't swallow the talking points constructed by HR"

Current Employee - Pollster in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Pollster in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Gallup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have always felt as though I were a harder worker than most of my peers in almost all other jobs I've worked and this job gave me a lot of concrete evidence to back that up.

Cons

Managers might act like they want to be your friend, but whenever I attempted to talk about anything personal with them, they acted really uptight and fake. I once told my manager about a former Gallup employee who had recently passed away. His actual response was, "WHOAH THERE. That's pretty heavy." As if to say, "Hey! Get that negativity outta here!" Dude, A MAN DIED. Get your head out. In fact, that was the SECOND person at that location to die during the time I worked there. That is an insanely high mortality rate given I've never had a coworker die in the ~12 yrs I've been in the workforce. There is really something to the idea that working at a desk all day is unhealthy. I became insulin resistant while working at Gallup but after working elsewhere for a while, my insulin returned to healthy levels. Gallup tries to come up with b.s. "exercises" to pretend like they're health conscious, but doing 5 pushups a day for your "activity calendar" isn't helping anyone.

Advice to Management

Advice to future pollsters: Gallup managers really push you to connect with your coworkers outside work, but a lot of these people aren't people you really want mixing up in your personal life. If you want to keep work life and personal life separate, by all means do so. It may boost productivity at first, but in the end it's not smart. I had a friend and coworker as a Facebook friend once. I made a general post about how you shouldn't call a woman "miss" these days because it implies marital status, which is completely inappropriate in the workforce today. I don't think any rational person would dispute that. (There's not a married nor unmarried version of "Mr." after all). Keep in mind Gallup culture aggressively touts the idea that employees MUST be referred to by the name WE like to be called. My direct manager caught wind of this post and erroneously thought it was aimed at himself. Instead of doing the professional thing and confronting me about it so that any misconceptions could be laid to rest, he held on to the perceived slight and let it color his view of me. He ended up firing me and I believe that was part of the reason. He lost Gallup's best employee over his silly, fragile ego. How sad for Gallup!

"Easy, boring job"

Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

Pros

very flexible schedule, family environment, easy to learn

Cons

redundant, as much as they tell you its in your control, your success is based a lot on luck. you just have to put yourself in the best possible position to get lucky

10. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gallup full-time

Pros

Talent is recognized. Great brand.

Cons

Find your own path.

"STAY AWAY!!"

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Omaha, NE

I worked at Gallup full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to make good money with this company if you are hired full time and can do well with getting people to do survey's

Cons

Once you start making good money they may find someone to replace you and pay them a lower rate.

Advice to Management

Stoo finding reasons to fire people when you don't want to pay up anymore.