Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. Took an online assessment, and then had about six online interviews before going into the office for a Microsoft Office skills assessment. After they got the results back on my test I finally had an in person interview. Once they offered me the position I had to submit for a background check and I was given the green light to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at a previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

The robotic personality test is inhuman, unprofessional, and likely does not recruit the best talent. I daresay I would not accept a position with Gallup if this is how they think people should be treated.

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I apply online via its website. First, it was online assessment test, which is based on only behavioral test. After few weeks, I got a call from HR to make phone interview. The interview was simple as in online assessment test. You need to get the answer from top of your mind. Almost all questions require example or explanation of your answer. So, try to answer based on your past experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions are behavioral questions as other people post in this website   1 Answer

Consulting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gallup in September 2009.

Interview

Passed through the online analysis, first phone interview, second phone interview and then the hiring manager. Then came the in-person interviews. Three people loved me, one hated me. The one fought the many until they capitulated to his will. No offer made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

nonstop personality questions. No real talking with the interviewer. You can barely explain yourself for certain questions when you want to. There are mostly all behavioral questions. It takes about 30 minutes because it consists of 50 questions. It's basically a personality exam you take online but with a person. It can be a little initimidating.

Phone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in June 2010.

Interview

I thought it was a fairly painless process. It seemed efficient to interview a group of 20 or so people at once so that the company could fill several openings quickly. A good candidate for the position would be a person who reads well, is articulate, and has a positive attitude. Just be honest and as upbeat as you can muster.
    Before the interview, there was an online personality test. After the interview there was a background check. The office was laid-back, but pleasant enough - in an upscale part of town. The managers say the work culture appreciates individuality as long as it's mixed with a good work ethic. You are definitely paid according to your ability to produce - so slackers beware! I saw people there from preppy girls and long-haired high-school/college dudes to banker-types to gray-haired grandparents. A little of everything, but it seemed there was a common purpose among all - to get the interviews done.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly predictable, I would say   1 Answer
    • Again - I can't say I was terribly surprised by any questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't had to negotiate much yet, other than the dates for training and to let them know how many hours I'd like to work per week.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Conducted Two interviews via phone. Fast pace interviews, general questions and details about personality . It was less of an interview about resume or skills, more about ability to respond, being on the spot. Not an interview you can prepare for but it would help if you think of all the events you have at the job and the type of employee and researcher you want to be

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Interview was very in-depth and personality-based. Company is focused on specific character traits to match company expectations and team performance is vital. Extremely long questionnaire. Interviewer was personable and professional. A learning experience. You will come away with very specific reasons for wanting-or not wanting-to work there.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were character based and were platforms for you to exhibit your personality.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

After applying for the position had an online assessment. The next step is a telephone interview of 45 questions which is totally rushed and recorded. be careful that you don't overtalk in the conversation or the interviewer will cut you short and it will sound unprofessional. Anyways was called to set up a second interview via telephone again this time 75 questions in the format of.....have you done this? if yes then give me an example of a time..... so think on your feet and anticipate teh next question. I was not extended an offer with the email sent 2 days later saying I did not fit their requirement. Its a hit or a miss, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with numbers? give me an example.
      Have you studied management or psychological theories? Give me an example of a theory you follow.
      Have you ever had a set back or lost at something? If so provide an example.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview itself consisted of similar questions that were asked during the initial application process. The questions were rapid to allow little time to reflect, similar to the questions asked during the application process. Gallup hires based off of the strength personality test and have several books on the subject which are helpful can be read. Do your research and be prepared!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be paid hourly, or based performance based?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Princeton, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

After completing the online application, I quickly got a reply and was scheduled for a phone interview to take place several weeks from that point. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and consisted of a series of rapid-fire, no-nonsense, personality-based questions. They use these psyche-tests to systematically eliminate candidates who would not be a perfect fit for their company culture. If they meet the requirements, only then will they be asked to continue the interview process.