Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. Took an online assessment, and then had about six online interviews before going into the office for a Microsoft Office skills assessment. After they got the results back on my test I finally had an in person interview. Once they offered me the position I had to submit for a background check and I was given the green light to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at a previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Applied on-line: the OCR-ing of my resume populated only partially, then came a one hour psychological profiling test. Today received the canned 'Neah' response.
    For the two hours spent online on the application, would have expected a personal response, at least.

Interview Questions

• Canned psycological questions   1 Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The process was a joke. A recruiter for the company reached out to me and expressed how great my resume looked for their Technomogy Manager position. We talked for an hour and exchanged several emails. He asked me to fill out the official application which included a 45 minute "personality test." After completing both the application and "test," I heard nothing for a week. When I did hear from them, they said I was not a fit. What a joke. They do not even have the courtesy to give you any feedback as to why you are not a good fit. A silly personality test determines fit so well that you will not even give someone who was a "perfect fit" a chance with a real person. This was a joke of an interview. If they reach out to you, decline the conversation as it will mostly likely waste several hours of your time. This is NOT a good company.

Interview Questions

• Please rank how well the follow words describe you on a 1-5 scale   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in August 2017.

Interview

Why bother? The company says they make great decisions and to help the interviewer with the tests they administer. However, if you don't do well, they don't tell you what went wrong.
     Sounds like they really don't care at all about the people that don't work for them. I asked if they would let me know what areas to work on if I failed the test. They said NO! What is with this company when they won't let you know when all they say is the company is all about helping others. What a crock of smelly stuff. They say they use the tests to help Fill out an application online. If they like the resume, take an online test. If you pass the online test, take a test via phone. If you pass the phone test, in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions that they say online preset questions. Via phone preset.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Exactly as other reviews have described it. No one know what exactly they're looking for and although many of the questions are posted on Glassdoor, it is unclear what the "right" answers are. Some questions are extremely vague, such as, "what is a good time for you"?

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

phone interview, they asked to schedule an phone call interview. And it took 45 mins roughly. The phone interview did not talk about your experience or position related questions but talk about general questions much the same as the online test.

Interview Questions

• How much do you consider yourself as responsible.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Large group interview of 30 potential workers and 2 recruiting people. It was extremely relaxed and casual! You were told you could even wear jeans. Everyone talked about themselves and goals and then we all went through a trial of what a call would be like. It took about an hour.

Higher Education Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two week process involving two phone interviews. There was an application, an hour long online assessment and then the following week an hour phone interview involving 95 questions. No opportunity was given to say anything about your work experience that would relate to the job you were applying for. In addition, there was no opportunity to find out anything about what it would be like to work there or how much the role pays or anything regarding the benefits. It was basically a very simplistic psychological test which I have taken many times when applying for sales jobs. The interviewer kept asking the same question every 8 or so questions. I feel like I was "played" for information and data without the company asking about my background. It was like they just wanted to "extract data" from me for their own analysis. I have a great background in selling to higher education so "what's the issue here?" They sent me a "rejection" form email just like the experience that other people discussed here on Glassdoor.

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Submit resume and take 30-45 min quiz. Then two separate 45 min long phone interviews with phone rep, not HR, robotic questions like others mentioned. 30 min Skype pre-interview with HR, where they explain all kinds of personal details about the people you will meet. Followed by a 2 hour in-person interview at the Chicago office. The first two people I met with were good, the last was the regional manager and he made it clear that there is no work life balance at this company. He straight up told me the only thing he cared about were billable hours, he said there is no difference in quality between employees it only mattered who worked longer days and therefore brought more revenue to the company. Ok then, not the family friendly image they like to portray.

I got a bubbly voice mail from the hiring manager about a week later, on a Thursday. I thought that was a good sign, but traded voice mails all day Friday and didn't hear anything until I called her back on Monday, and she finally returned my call at the end of the day. She was calling to say I didn't get the job. Why the hell couldn't she leave that on voice mail, send an email or have someone in HR tell me that earlier? 5 days wait for a rejection?? I had an offer from another company and made them wait for all of this nonsense.

This is a company that prides themselves on their hiring process. Now only that, this hiring process is their main consulting business that they sell to other companies! Unprofessional and disrespectful. They need to step away from all the algorithms they think predict the perfect candidate and remember how to treat people like actual humans. I would strongly recommend saving yourself some time and avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• Regional manager asked me to explain the differences between the two people who had interviewed me before him, and tell him which one of them was a better employee.   1 Answer

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Four 30-60 minute standardized phone interviews before you get to speak to a real person. However, for a company that takes personality fit seriously and emphasizes empirical decision-making, that shouldn't be surprising. Recruiters and interviewers up until the Skype interview were very cordial and professional. We did Skype because I wasn't in the city at the time - the interviewer was polite but seemed distracted.