Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Interview Questions

Interviews at Gallup

3.1

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview process started with an online test that measured personality and talents. After that I had two phone interviews and then met with a recruiter to get details about the position/logistics. The final step was to meet with people on the team through a video chat to talk discuss my skills and experiences. Everyone I talked to was very good at communicating and kept me very informed throughout the entire process about next steps.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great. The managers asked great questions and made me feel at home. I was able to shadow a Specialist and ask what her daily routine was and talk about her duties.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I choose Gallup   1 Answer

Interview

One of the most straightforward processes I've been engaged in. I submitted application materials and took an assessment, and later was contacted by HR for a phone interview for a high level discussion, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager and other associates.

Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

The interview process was comprehensive and informative. The process to get to the interview was incredibly well executed and I would say that that I have never been so engaged by an organization during the process lead to, during, and after the interview process.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a 3 step process for my position: 1) Initial phone interview, 2)secondary phone interview/prep, and 3)face to face interview. There were a series of questions preceding the interview. Overall, it was a well crafted process that was as much about me deciding if the job was a good fit as it was for Gallup deciding about me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Was a great interview and many rigorous steps in the application to interview process. Had to apply online then do two assessments then spoke to a recruiter on the phone then conducted in 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• What are some things that describe you that others can conclude   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is well rounded. They ask the right questions to see if you are a great fit for the role. Gallup is careful about ensuring that you match with the position in question.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gallup (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter and asked to schedule a time to talk. I spent about half an hour on the phone with her, and she gave me the pitch. I was interested, but told that the next step would be to fill out a questionnaire for the next round. The premise was that they're a data driven company and so they hire based on data, and after interviewing their most successful employees, they'd come up with this test to screen candidates. Well, as a Data Scientist, I was interested in seeing this, but at the same time, a bit skeptical, because ultimately this sort of system only works if "success" is measured correctly and the right sorts of questions are asked to be able to clearly differentiate between populations. Unfortunately, what I found by taking this survey, answering honestly, getting rejected based on those answers and recalling the alternative choices, was that the system might be looking for sociopaths and narcissists who are convinced they're the smartest, most driven person they know, or report to such people and are willing to do whatever it takes to make them look good, no matter what. This is a common problem in organizations that don't use 360 review processes for their managers, and based on the questionnaire, how I answered, the fact I got rejected, and what the other possible options were, I suspect that their definition of "success" likely came purely from top down performance reviews.

The questions asked things like "how does your work ethic compare to that of people you know." I answered these as I'm among the top 10-25% or whatever, but since I was rejected, they might have been looking for responses along the lines of "I'm the most driven person I know." Well, as study after study shows, people are more successful when they're surrounded by other successful people, so if they're really looking for "successful" people who perceive themselves to be the most driven among their group of friends, that person is either a unicorn, or delusional. I'd wager the latter though, since the smartest, most driven people I know also understand the value of humility.

They also ask questions having to do with your willingness to work long hours and how you handle being given unreasonable deadlines... the sort of thing. Not knowing which class(es) of questions got me rejected, it's impossible to know if my responses here are what got me flagged or not. But if I answered these incorrectly too, then be looking for workaholics who are willing to sleep at their desks to make deadlines rather than ask for help / extra resources when such situations are encountered (which was my general response to these questions).

The final class of questions that raised flags in my mind had to do with how you deal with difficult people and managing others. For instance, can others tell if you're angry, how free are you with your opinions, etc. I answered along the lines of "people who know me well can likely tell when I'm angry" rather than nobody can tell when I'm angry... the sociopath's likely response, and that my style of managing is giving people enough context to understand the value of the work they're doing rather than using subtle manipulation or ultimatums. And that I generally try to treat others with respect, even when I disagree with them. Again, as I was going through this, I just kept thinking what kind of sociopath would answer this question like that? Is that what they're looking for?

Honestly, if I'm right and they're looking for narcissistic workaholics and sociopaths based on a lopsided evaluation system, then I'm glad I was screened out. It would probably be a pretty miserable place to work.

Interview Questions

• How driven are you compared to others you know?
      a) I'm the most driven person I know
      b) I'm in the top X% (10-25%... forget exact number) of people I know
      c) I'm as driven as most
      d) less driven than most   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in October 2019.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one in person interview with three different people. The first phone screen was with someone from Human Resources, the second was with my now boss. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews with directors and my boss in my group.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Responsive team with friendly recruiters. Process is beginner-friendly besides the 40 minute personality questionnaire but they will send you a preparation call to prepare you for the first-round interview. First round is behavioral with a technical portion at the end. Total for first round is 1 hour, with 30 minutes for each. Need to know a range of topics from web development to databases.