Gallup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gallup Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

Exactly as other reviews have described it. No one know what exactly they're looking for and although many of the questions are posted on Glassdoor, it is unclear what the "right" answers are. Some questions are extremely vague, such as, "what is a good time for you"?

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Started out by filling out an application. Took an hour long personality test online. Then had to complete Microsoft office skills tests online. Completed a thirty minute phone interview which was very strange. Didn't tell me anything about the job or company, it was just a personality test. Questions were usually yes or no but some required me to elaborate a little bit. Was not asked back for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? What do you think of on the way to and from work? Would you rather work as a team or independently? Tell me about a time you quit something.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. Took an online assessment, and then had about six online interviews before going into the office for a Microsoft Office skills assessment. After they got the results back on my test I finally had an in person interview. Once they offered me the position I had to submit for a background check and I was given the green light to start.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation at a previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

phone interview, they asked to schedule an phone call interview. And it took 45 mins roughly. The phone interview did not talk about your experience or position related questions but talk about general questions much the same as the online test.

Interview Questions

• How much do you consider yourself as responsible.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Large group interview of 30 potential workers and 2 recruiting people. It was extremely relaxed and casual! You were told you could even wear jeans. Everyone talked about themselves and goals and then we all went through a trial of what a call would be like. It took about an hour.

Higher Education Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Two week process involving two phone interviews. There was an application, an hour long online assessment and then the following week an hour phone interview involving 95 questions. No opportunity was given to say anything about your work experience that would relate to the job you were applying for. In addition, there was no opportunity to find out anything about what it would be like to work there or how much the role pays or anything regarding the benefits. It was basically a very simplistic psychological test which I have taken many times when applying for sales jobs. The interviewer kept asking the same question every 8 or so questions. I feel like I was "played" for information and data without the company asking about my background. It was like they just wanted to "extract data" from me for their own analysis. I have a great background in selling to higher education so "what's the issue here?" They sent me a "rejection" form email just like the experience that other people discussed here on Glassdoor.

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Submit resume and take 30-45 min quiz. Then two separate 45 min long phone interviews with phone rep, not HR, robotic questions like others mentioned. 30 min Skype pre-interview with HR, where they explain all kinds of personal details about the people you will meet. Followed by a 2 hour in-person interview at the Chicago office. The first two people I met with were good, the last was the regional manager and he made it clear that there is no work life balance at this company. He straight up told me the only thing he cared about were billable hours, he said there is no difference in quality between employees it only mattered who worked longer days and therefore brought more revenue to the company. Ok then, not the family friendly image they like to portray.

I got a bubbly voice mail from the hiring manager about a week later, on a Thursday. I thought that was a good sign, but traded voice mails all day Friday and didn't hear anything until I called her back on Monday, and she finally returned my call at the end of the day. She was calling to say I didn't get the job. Why the hell couldn't she leave that on voice mail, send an email or have someone in HR tell me that earlier? 5 days wait for a rejection?? I had an offer from another company and made them wait for all of this nonsense.

This is a company that prides themselves on their hiring process. Now only that, this hiring process is their main consulting business that they sell to other companies! Unprofessional and disrespectful. They need to step away from all the algorithms they think predict the perfect candidate and remember how to treat people like actual humans. I would strongly recommend saving yourself some time and avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• Regional manager asked me to explain the differences between the two people who had interviewed me before him, and tell him which one of them was a better employee.   1 Answer

Workplace Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gallup (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Four 30-60 minute standardized phone interviews before you get to speak to a real person. However, for a company that takes personality fit seriously and emphasizes empirical decision-making, that shouldn't be surprising. Recruiters and interviewers up until the Skype interview were very cordial and professional. We did Skype because I wasn't in the city at the time - the interviewer was polite but seemed distracted.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

They covered all the topics from technical to behavioral. The interview will last about half an hour. They might also ask questions regarding your background , your interests and hobbies also. I would say that it was a good interview overall and they tend to ask one question after another like in a rapid fire round.

Interview Questions

• what is it like having an Analyst mind.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gallup.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was interested in my background but said I needed to take an assessment first before proceeding. I have been working a long time and have interviewed many times with many different companies, but have never seen an interview process as strange as this one.