GeoShack Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2019

1.9
GeoShack CEO Scott Beathard
Scott Beathard
Pros
  • "Great people throughout the company(in 7 reviews)

• "No reviews, no raises, no real advancement and no respect for hard work or dedication(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, terrible management, safety is the last thing they care about(in 4 reviews)

• "Company is run like a dictatorship only from the top and in a micro managed style(in 4 reviews)

"Awesome place to work with great benefits"

Former Employee - Survey Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked has a survey consultant in the Dallas area for five years and enjoyed every minute. They have a great team and support staff. Some of the benefits besides the best commission percentage in the business is the medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k plans is the owner is involved in many charities and whatever you donate Geoshack will match and if you have your own charity they match that as well.... That just shows how much they care for their employees. Also they take the top sales people for the year (You and spouse) to a exquisite vacation destination. This is just a few of the benefits of working for the Largest Topcon dealer in the nation.

Cons

This is a commission based company. If you don't want to work then you will not do well at this company. You must be self motivated and hard working.

GeoShack2016-04-15
  2. "Bad company and bad reputation"

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero. There is nothing of value to employees in this company.

Cons

The management hide what really happens in the departments they manage, only giving the CEO info if it's going to benefit themselves or damage someone they want fired. There is no loyalty and no respect.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and retire, people like this CEO aren't fit to run a lemonade stand.

GeoShack2019-10-02

October 4, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

We have noted your review. We are investing in new training initiatives and revamping the companies methodologies. GeoShack is a company expanding quickly and is naturally experiencing some growing pains. While striving to improve our market share, creating a better company culture is also our goal.

3. "Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Construction Technology Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at GeoShack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay if you somehow manage to sell something

Cons

you name it, everything is wrong

Advice to Management

be honest

GeoShack2019-09-30

October 3, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

4. "Stay away at all cost!"

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some great people throughout the years.

Cons

First and Foremost watch out with the Paper work they try to make you sign; This Company's Owner (Scott Beathard) is notorious for Suing People for anything. He will Try to make you sign a 7 Page Non Compete and then he will try to take you to court in Ohio. He's real piece of work! I worked there for years and would not recommend working there under any circumstance. The Owner (Scott Beathard) is an Aggressive... Narcissist. Management is a joke and they literally have no HR Department. Any complaints made to HR is quickly sent over to the Owner. Zero Confidentiality! Revues are never given and when they are compensation is below adequate. No matter what position you come in as there is no career path or growth and you hard work will go unnoticed. I would give this Company Zero Stars if Possible!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the Company and get rid of Scott Beathard and almost everyone in Management!

GeoShack2019-09-30

October 3, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

"Prepare to get steamrolled"

Former Employee - Bench Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits and work hours for bench technician.

Cons

This company will steamroll you. You will not get the support needed. You will be expected to come into work and learn how to do your own job without much training (and other department's jobs because you will be expected to fill in for them when they quit/get fired/go on vacation while still being expected to train yourself and meet production goals only met by techs who recieved the training at other companies).... They will tell you they will train you but they will send you to other stores to train with other employees who don't know how to teach or are busy. You will be told all sorts of things to be strung along until they can get rid of you. Anything agreed upon during the hiring process can and will be changed by management such as work hours for their benefit. Their turnover rate is a joke because they don't take care of their employees. You'll have to fake it until you make it.

GeoShack2019-08-09

August 12, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

We have noted your review. GeoShack is a company expanding quickly and is naturally experiencing some growing pains. While striving to improve our market share, creating a better company culture is also our goal.

"Big company that runs like a startup or a mom & pop w/out the mom."

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medical insurance you can't afford to use because of the high deductible. Matching 401k that's not really matched until after your 5th year of employment. No reviews, no raises, no real advancement and no respect for hard work or dedication. Great open door policy which is retaliated when actually used.

Cons

Long hours, crappy pay, worthless benefits, unbelievable incompetence in every department.

Advice to Management

Why give advice, they wont change. They breed discontentment and hostility, and get off on it. Oh and the person who responds to this, if he decides too, don't bother because you know they'll do it to you when they're done with you. You're just as much as a pawn as anyone.

GeoShack2019-07-22

July 23, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

We have noted your review. Yes, we are a large company. We are pivoting so we can better serve our customers. Our benefits are standards. Advancement comes with hard work. Striving to increase our market share, and creating a better company culture is also our goal. We also understand this will bring us some bad reviews.

"DON’T"

I worked at GeoShack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers and short commute

Cons

Toxic work environment, micro managed, and demoralizing. Best days were when the owner was out of the office. Long work days. Work product was criticized constantly. Work anywhere else but here!

GeoShack2019-05-03

June 4, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

8. "Great Co-Workers; Stressful Environment"

I worked at GeoShack full-time

Pros

**Some of the best people I have ever worked with **Challenging work that keeps you engaged

Cons

**Stressed at all times, even when you are not in the office **Long, long hours

GeoShack2019-03-13

June 4, 2019Digital Marketing Strategy

Thank you for the positive review.

9. "management"

General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GeoShack for more than 10 years

Pros

strong benefit package, solid sales training. good product training, good commisions

Cons

CRM is challenging, you must have a entreprenurial attitiude. You will not be coddled. Must be a self starter

GeoShack2018-12-12

December 12, 2018Digital Marketing Strategy

Thank you for your positive review. GeoShack is a company expanding quickly and is naturally experiencing some growing pains. While striving to improve our market share, creating a positive company culture is also our goal.

"Demoralizing culture from top down"

I worked at GeoShack full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Job security. Staying busy. Get to wear all kinds of hats while doing other peoples jobs.

Cons

Too many to list here. All the critical comments listed are legitimate. Upper management is demoralizing in nature and it is imbedded in the culture. Extremely high amount of turnover. That is the most objective observation indicative of the problems within this company.

Advice to Management

Wouldn’t matter. They don’t listen anyway.

GeoShack2018-12-20