KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 209 of over 243 reviews

3.7
GetYourGuide CEO & Co-Founder Johannes Reck
Johannes Reck
Pros
  • "My favourite thing about GetYourGuide is that the company culture and values are taken seriously(in 18 reviews)

• "Free Breakfast and snacks and nice enough people(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "the ability to grow becomes more competitive as the company grows(in 9 reviews)

• "They give free pizza and beer hurrrraayyyy(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

If there's an opening, GO FOR IT!

Jul 2, 2021 - Regional Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their HR/Recruiting team is F.A.S.T. The hiring process moves quickly. The company is young, both in its age and the age of the team, ambitious and focused. The work is interesting and there is a beauty about it. The environment is abuzz with great expectations for what is possible.

Cons

The onboarding process is grueling. There is a lot of data, more than I have known how to handle. Be ready to read. Also, there is a lot of internal lingo and idiosyncrasies. The culture is strong, so as an outsider (newby) you will need to "learn the language."

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best environment I ever worked in

Dec 12, 2020 - Sales Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful people who are highly professional and supportive. - Clear, open communication about what each department is doing and how their projects are progressing. - Managers are not afraid to be candid and fun. - Rewarding work (you can help small business owners during COVID!). - Incredibly kindness to workers during COVID - allowing for time off, holding on to everyone possible, and giving those who leave an amazing package.

Cons

Supportive managers may be office to office, from what I am reading in the other reviews. The offices are somewhat isolated, so maybe that is driving the incongruities.

3. 3.0

Could be better

Feb 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to go to Berlin for a portion of your initial training. - Suppliers and accounts were great to work with. - Decent amount of PTO. - Most people were pleasant to work with and collaborate with. - Ambitious company

Cons

- Inexperienced upper management with lack of professionalism, micromanagement tendencies, and passive aggression. - People get fired for reasons that don’t make sense. - Meetings that aren’t fruitful and could’ve been in an email or just disregarded as a whole. - Contract says a 40 hour workweek but people have left as late as 9pm and have been there since the morning. - Metrics used would need better forecasting rather than blindly guessing that you always want to double your goal. - Definitely going through some growing pains.

15 people found this review helpful

Talent Co-ordinator

Hi, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at GetYourGuide, we place a big emphasis on creating great working teams. Our culture and people is what makes us proud. We try to deliver our employees everything to improve their work quality and help to balance their work with possibilities to relax and network within the company. To address your concern about the leadership - all of our management staff, from those with little or years of experience, go through multiple leadership trainings throughout the year. We also have 360 degree leadership review cycles and open questions regarding leadership team. We always encourage to actively take part in the feedback and review cycles to ensure that there’s a transparency about the performance of each individual and the team as a whole. We also recommend to reach out to our HR department in case of any concerns. At GetYourGuide you own your work-life balance along with the way you work best, that’s why we suggest to communicate openly how you would like the communication to be shared with your colleagues. We agree, with high growth comes some growing pains. We work to reduce these growing pains by maintaining transparency around decisions and any action plans resulting from these decisions, evidenced in our Global Update, the Update Q&A, and our OKR review cycle. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

4. 4.0

#Commitment #Learning #Positivity #Passion #Clarity

Sep 15, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, great vibe. There are a lot to do and challenges you face. The company culture as a whole is young and dynamic. Very international and everyone gives you a warm welcome. The future of the company has great potential for growth across the globe.

Cons

Managerial training could be useful for team leads to grow their decision making and leadership skills.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Exciting and Challenging with Endless Opportunity

Jul 3, 2018 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for GetYourGuide on the sales team for 6 years and in 3 different countries and I only left due to personal reasons. I can confidently say that GYG is super rare in that company's success thus far and opportunity size still ahead is so vast that you will have endless opportunity for learning and professional growth and advancement all while working in such a cool global environment with really intelligent, positive, and fun colleagues from all across the globe. If you are willing to work hard, are open to learning everything you can, and rolling your sleeves up to make things happen, you will enjoy a long rewarding career at GetYourGuide and have so much fun in the process. Management at GYG strongly prefer and have a proven track record of promoting from within and encouraging lateral cross departmental moves when it makes sense. Its a very welcoming environment to express your career and even personal goals to your manager and HR, and the company will give you so many tools to help you achieve them!

Cons

If you don't work in the Berlin HQ and in one of the several smaller local offices there can be some unique challenges getting resources for basic support as these offices are often not prioritized since the majority of employees work in Berlin. There can be challenges to convince decision makers of local norms for employees when they vary from the the EU. There has been improvement in this area and I know something they are working on.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Co-ordinator

Hi, Thanks for your review! Thank you for the 6 years you spent creating incredible experiences for all of our customers. We are so happy to hear that you felt your personal and professional development was valued, as learning is an integral part of GetYourGuide. It’s great that you are invested in our mission and strategy, and believe in the company’s tratejectory. We’re glad that you enjoyed working with your colleagues and the international culture we promote, and that this has made a positive impact on your experience here. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we wish you all the best in the future. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

One of the few EU platform companies with liquidity

Oct 29, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

GYG is one of the few EU companies with a platform business model. Others that I can think of are not doing as well (Soundcloud, Catawiki). GYG has a future

Cons

It had a bit too much 'corporate structure' for a company of its size. It didn't feel startuppy enough, and people did not work as hard or as motivated as in other startups.

5 people found this review helpful

GetYourGuide Response

Hello, Thank you for your review and positive words about our platform business model. We are sorry to hear you felt we had too much of a corporate structure. Creating and maintaining a strong company culture is very important to us to ensure our employees are satisfied and happy in their job. To support this, in August of this year we were named as having one of the best company cultures in the whole of Germany. Again, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Wishing you the best of luck in your future career. Regards, GetYourGuide.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not to bad

Jun 11, 2014 - Photographer in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to have exciting adventures while shooting photos and having a lot of fun doing it this was a wonderful experience.

Cons

Some of their expectations for what you need to have to make a successful photo are somewhat unreal and a bit frustrating.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Turned Great Culture into Corporate Chaos

Jun 18, 2018 - Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues and collaboration were wonderful, the growth and stability of the company in the market is solid.

Cons

Some members of the management team were not able to do their job functions and it created a negative work environment. The company evolved into too many procedures and approval processes that hindered staff's ability to meet the goals set for them.

19 people found this review helpful

Talent Co-ordinator

Hi, Thanks for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your 5 years at GetYourGuide, and want to thank you for all the effort you have put in over the years. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your colleagues, our collaborative environment, and that you believe in our company’s mission and growth trajectory. As you know, we have a 360 Feedback cycle and a feedback culture based on clarity and transparency, to allow for regular feedback between all levels of the organisation. We also have open questions at our monthly Global Updates, where anyone is able to voice any questions and concerns to the leadership team. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback, and we wish you all the best in the future. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Sales

Aug 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great culture - fantastic team - For the US you get 20 Days of vacation - Two trips to Europe a Year

Cons

- Remote Headquarters if located outside Berlin, Germany

Talent Co-ordinator

Hi, Thanks for taking the time for your review. We are glad to know that you feel positively about our team culture and your colleagues. As we are lucky to work in such an exciting industry, we encourage our employees to take trips and seek incredible experiences, and we are happy that this resonates with you. We understand the challenges of working in remote offices, which is why it is important to us to bring our global team together as often as we can. We host two Summits each year in Berlin, to celebrate our successes and share our learnings with each other. Thank you again for your feedback. Kind regards, GetYourGuide

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with strong culture and interesting work

Jun 16, 2021 - Senior Data Scientist in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

* very good coworkers from whom you can learn a lot * strong company culture focusing on ownership, growth mindset, and building trust between coworkers. * interesting project to work on with good infrastructure to do it efficiently * great autonomy in the work and initiatives are welcomed and rewarded * data-driven company: data wins over intuitions. * good remuneration with no extra hour expected from you

Cons

* the performance review for promotions is fair and transparent but quite heavy * the product is quite complex, don't join if you want to do something simple!

1 person found this review helpful