Gigamon Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Gigamon CEO Paul Hooper
Paul Hooper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Collaborative environment with co-workers and management that supports communication and a good work/life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "3 days Free lunch and 2 days free breakfast" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is pretty bad" (in 8 reviews)

• "Sales leadership from middle management is questionable" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Think Big, Start Small"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Vision
    - Culture - company truly believes in "One Gigamon" culture
    - Growth opportunity - mid-sized firm opens more opportunities to perform and grow
    - Transparency - path forward is clearly communicated to the bottom level
    - Health and other benefits
    - Collaboration
    - Open door policy

Cons

Not a con, but agile development methodology is the need of the hour

"Software engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits
    Free food
    Work life balance
    Easy to interact with anyone.
    Employee friendly CEO and top management

Cons

Focus on the product innovation more

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people
    - Small-medium sized company so you get to work closer to the product
    - Start-up like catering: catering 3 times a week, snacks, drinks, food for celebrations
    - Good work-life balance
    - charging stations for electric cars
    - gym

Cons

- privately held so no stock benefits
    - catering for lunch is okay
     Can’t think of anything else! It’s a great place to work overall.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to the employees

"Excellent company - Great people"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Gigamon full-time

Pros

The people at Gigamon are awesome. Great work environment and team attitude.
    The products are solid and they continue to invest in innovation.
    They continue to re-invest in employees and give opportunities for growth and development.

Cons

Best place I have ever worked. I really dont have any cons at this point.

"Working at Gigamon for 8 Months. Love it."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Abundant opportunities to grow
    Great benefits
    Work life balance
    Superior products and services
    Employee friendly CEO and top management

Cons

Cloud solution still in development

"I'm not ready to give up yet..."

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- perfect company size; big enough not to have to put out fires daily, small enough for you to have a direct impact on the company
    - executive team is super approachable
    - coworkers tend to become your friends. Just because I work with you, doesn't mean we're friends, but Gigamon has done a good job of hiring good "peeps" - great work culture
    - company goes out of it's way to take care of its employees. I know by looking at the reviews on glassdoor, you wouldn't think so, but how much of it is you not fighting for what is yours? No one wants to work in a toxic/hostile env, but you have to go after what is yours in life and not wait for someone else to do for you. (of course I may be lucky with the department I landed in)
    - we're the best at what we do and our customers LOVE us
    - being the leader in the space/industry means you're bound to make mistakes and failures. I'm hopeful we'll get our act together in 2019 and learn from our past
    - monthly townhall meetings to let us know what is happening with the company; It's really nice knowing why we're doing what we're being asked to do

Cons

- great ideas come out of our innovation fairs, why aren't more of the ideas implemented and/or productized?
    - lets not rest on our laurels; we need to continue pushing further out of our comfort zones!

Advice to Management

- continue with the pulse surveys. You've got a bunch of devoted workers that truly love the company/coworkers/products and they're vested in making us succeed

7. "Regional Sales Director"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director

I worked at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market Leader and your biggest competitor will be your prospects maintaining status quo.

Recent acquisition of Icebrg (Gigamon Insight & Detect)

CEO is strong and a good motivator

Evergreen seems to be hands off since transaction

Cons

A significant amount of turnover and new hires.

Too many shifts in focus, it seems each year there is a new marketing campaign, partner program, etc.

Some overhyped and half baked features that aren’t ready for prime time (inline ssl/tls decryption, VM, Professional Services)

Comp plan is average at best and have heard multiple complaints around comp or quota methodology.

Advice to Management

Get a consultant or set an initiative to study your customer experience from the sales cycle to implementation and product maintenance with each department. There is a lot of status quo and processes that create a clunky and inconsistent customer experience.

Pay your sales people well and evaluate your quota methodology. Better comp will retain, motivate, and attract the right talent.

Continue to invest in new markets for growth while maintaining core product.

"Beware and Be Alert"

Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee

I worked at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their network traffic solution is solid although complex and difficult to integrate. They have a strong alliance and channel partner program.

Cons

For about 2 years, several executives created a disastrous and hostile environment in which more than half of the product, sales and marketing employees left the company, many willingly. These execs were finally fired and the company is still having problems filling open positions.

If you're interviewing with the company, ask questions, do your homework and ask about the work loads. Also note, that the HR dept. is asking employees to write positive reviews.

Advice to Management

To Elliott Management, hire a more experienced executive leadership team to dissolve "the brotherhood." With the right leaders, the company can grow and change the unfavorable company perception in the industry.

9. "RSD"

I worked at Gigamon full-time

Pros

Good company, good benefits, was a good products

Cons

Lots of turnover, management changes, went private from public

"Newcomer beware!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Gigamon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* One Gigamon (before Senior Management below CEO screwed it big time)
    * Free breakfast and free lunch 3 time a week (but will you be willing not get this extra goodie and spend just a little more time with your family)
    * Company sponsored event

Cons

Beware of the continually overly 5 Star review troll here. Many many good people have left the sinking ship. You have to wonder why…

Well, you can see it for yourself: in an employee meeting, a fellow employee asked why the management was trying to squeeze so many features into each release as engineering team members were asked to jump in to fight fire continuously. The reply was ‘brilliant’: in a serious tone, Sr Management answered “I don’t need all these features. I only need these 3 features <….>. You should go and see what is going on. You should not be in firefighting mode all the time!“ A performance answer that should worth the Nobel Prize! Let's see, so either a) senior management had no idea what his management team was doing; b) senior management had no control of what his team was doing; or c) senior management was hiding behind his directors and lying his pant off. (You decide.) With this sweatshop culture, firefighting prior to every release, which requires most members to jump in. is a norm. (Note that for individuals who were pulled in to help fight the fire, his/her own project completion date remains the same. So, it is just overtime to overtime week after week.)

The company had gone back private and tried to operate as a startup. A big part of the bonus and promotion, however, are continuously based on nepotism. The amount of firefighting and weekends overtime you spent on is meaningless. So, a recommendation, make sure you are the buddy of senior management prior to working there.

Advice to Management

CEO has been walking a fine line as not to alienate the senior management. However, it may be time for CEO and Elliott to take the decisive move to upright the tilted ship.