Gigamon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager was nice and technical. Manager asked relevant questions.
    Most of the team was nice except one who was very arrogant and unable to accept he does not know the technology properly

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

My resume was submitted through an internal referral. The interview process was straight forward with an initial phone screen by HR, then a follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager. I came on-site twice for two additional rounds. One round with the hiring manager and peers, followed by another round with interviews from Senior Management. All parties were pleasant and professional. Additionally, I received timely feedback from the recruiter during the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions included technical and behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time when you... or Have you ever... ). Since the work environment at Gigamon is highly collaborative, knowledge/expertise and cultural fit were the primary focus for questions asked.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gigamon (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager that lasted almost an hour. He was quite nice but was more concerned about how quickly I responded to questions he got from the internet than my actual background and hands-on ability to do the job. He asked zero questions about my background and did not walk through my resume at all. I felt like I was being tested in school
    again. 90% of the questions he asked came from "information security analyst interview questions" that came up in a Google search. How do I know? Because I verified it myself. Every single question he asked was verbatim. He didn't even try to tailor the questions so they wouldn't be so obvious. I suppose that if a person studied those questions and memorized them prior to the interview, they would make the short list and possibly get the position. Memorizing questions and answers from the internet does not make a competent information security analyst. It's for the best. I don't want to work for a manager that wants me to be a walking textbook.

Interview Questions

• Are open-source projects more or less secure than proprietary ones?   Answer Question
    • Where do you get your security news from?   Answer Question
    • What kind of network do you have at home?   Answer Question
    • What is the primary reason most companies haven’t fixed their vulnerabilities?   Answer Question
    • What’s the goal of information security within an organization?   Answer Question
    • What’s the difference between a threat, vulnerability, and a risk?   Answer Question
    • How would you build the ultimate botnet?   Answer Question

Support(Technical Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gigamon (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Appied through job fair
    then got an call from the compant for scheduling the interview
    1st Round - phone screening
    2nd Round - Onsite
    as per the questions listed below in the questionnaire section below.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Basic networking protocols what i listed on my resume
      Q2: questions on certifications
      Q3: Networking troubleshooting scenarios
      Q4: questions on projects listed in the resume
      Q5: Genral HR questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon in November 2015.

Interview

After applying on-line, I reached out directly to the Inside Technical Recruiter. After reviewing my resume, I had a phone screen with the Inside Technical Recruiter, the Systems Engineer I am partnered with, and the Sr. VP of WW Sales. The entire process was very efficient from application to offer. Everyone was extremely nice and professional. From application to offer, the entire process took only about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the typical sales related questions around some major wins and losses, and what was learned by the losses. General questions about quota and attainment.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was very good overall. I Felt they really needed my skill set. The people were quite good and really seemed bonded on the One Gigamon approach. I was sold day 1, sadly this company is nothing like it used to be.

Interview Questions

• How do you setup a OpenStack PoC   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1st Round - phone screening
    2nd Round - phone screening. it was just a casual phone interview focused on knowing me and basic networking concepts
    3rd Round - Onsite interview for 4+ hours asking for algorithm questions, networking concepts, REST API testing questions, Java collection questions.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

1st Round - phone screening - it was just a casual phone interview focused on knowing me and basic networking concepts
    2nd Round - technical interview focused on UI, java and Responsive web design fundamentals

Interview Questions

• -Java garbage collector
      -Java collection comparison
      -Javascript iFrame object   Answer Question

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

After a recruiter screening I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager because we ran out of time on the first interview. It took a bit of time to set up the unperson interviews but I was early in their process and was able to meet with 5 people. The communications were good and expectations were set accordingly. They have beautiful new offices and the space was modern, open and bright. I was asked to show a portfolio in a subsequent interview but did not get the chance to showoff my work.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard and the team just wanted to dive into my experience to ensure a match with their needs. A typical starting question was: What makes you qualified for this position? They seem to have a strong marketing team and everyone was very professional.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by 1:1 interview. Phone screen was just to find out whether candidate fit for the position or not. During technical round, each engineer comes up with different set of questions to cover most of the topic to get the better understanding of candidate's knowledge.