Gigamon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gigamon Interview Questions

Interviews at Gigamon

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Was scheduled for a 30 min. phone interview and it turns out to be a 50 min. including coding challenge question. Need to prepare for coding challenge even for 30 min. for interview.

Interview Questions

• Socket programming and connection sequence, semaphore, mutext, multi-threading, DPI.
      current project, behavior questions etc.
      After talk for 20 min, was surprised to do online coding during 30 min phone interview that I didn't expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Typical, nothing special. My recruiter contacted me, and they gave me the phone interview for 1 hour and technical on site interview for half a day followed. and then I got an offer. Salary is good but the stock option is terrible.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gigamon.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within few days. Phone interview was a review of the resume and questions on whether you have skill A/B/C....and whether you are interested in working here.
    Onsite interview was with 4 people. 2 engineers were nice to talk to, asked some coding questions which were decent. Manager seemed ok. Director was a pain, and after the interview..no response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gigamon (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Easy interview process and only focus on asking past experiences

Interview Questions

Does not see the company is moving forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone screen.
    Asked question about SWITCH of layer two. After he introduced the product of GIGAMON, he asked some other questions based on the product his introduced.
    Also asked some questions on the resume. About some of my previous project. The manager sounded a very nice man.
    But because lack of knowledge I was not selected:(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clarita, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager was nice and technical. Manager asked relevant questions.
    Most of the team was nice except one who was very arrogant and unable to accept he does not know the technology properly

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1st Round - phone screening
    2nd Round - phone screening. it was just a casual phone interview focused on knowing me and basic networking concepts
    3rd Round - Onsite interview for 4+ hours asking for algorithm questions, networking concepts, REST API testing questions, Java collection questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gigamon in April 2018.

Interview

Clumsy at best. Interviewer was distracted, had not read my resume and really was not very positive during the call. Questions were the basic, why you leaving, what did you do and why to you want to work here. Not very excited about the company or attracting new hires

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was pretty regular.
    First cal from recruiter then telephonic round with HR manager and then 5 hr onsite interview with 7 people.
    Mostly technical questions and hands on coding questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gigamon in September 2013.

Interview

Went through 5 initial interviews after turning in Resume online.

1st interview - Brief phone screening interview with HR Rep
    2nd Interview - 40 minute phone interview with Director of Sales
    3rd Interview - 30 minute phone interview with Head of Marketing
    4th Interview - In person casual coffee interview with Director of Sales
    5th Interview - Onsite interview with Director of Sales & Senior Inside Sales Rep

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions being thrown at me.
      Example: Why are you fit for this job? What skills did you acquire in your past that make you a good candidate? Why are you the best candidate for this position? How fast can you learn lead generation tools? (Salesforce, Data.com, DiscoverOrg, etc...)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Solid. Not too much negotiating taken place.