GlobalData Reviews | Glassdoor

GlobalData CEO Mike Danson
Mike Danson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No career progression opportunities - salaries have been frozen for several years and at the same time there is a lot of turnover, so no real spirit" (in 14 reviews)

• "Senior management do have a tendency to make decisions without involving others" (in 22 reviews)

"GlobalData a Fast Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Global Key Accounts Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Key Accounts Director in New York, NY

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GlobalData is a fast paced company, gaining market share in the competitive market research space. The people who work here are amazing and the team very, supportive and willing to help. The solutions and platforms are cutting edge and useful to growing companies, and GlobalData is constantly improving its offering through acquisitions and development. I have been very impressed at how committed the management team is to providing an exceptional product set.

Cons

The sales support tools are lacking. Contact management, account and opportunity management is not as streamlined as I have seen elsewhere. It is a work in progress - heading the right way - but still a long way to go.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our solutions and platforms. Invest in sales tools and process, stay approachable and communicative as we grow.

2. "Terrific company and stellar products"

Current Employee - Senior Account Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have worked for other research companies, I can say with experience this is a terrific company. The company is growing faster than similar firms and achieving great success. GlobalData is disruptor in the information industry, through unique acquisitions and client-focused organic expansion. I am a remote employee on the west coast and very glad I joined.

Cons

I have had a very positive experience and do not have any comment to make here.

3. "Construction Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance.

Getting to work with Fortune 500 executives globally was an exciting challenge.

Fun colleagues who work hard.

Product with a strong value prop and has a lot of potential.

Management is on your side to be successful.

Cons

Company growing pains. Need to make a stronger investment in office space and technology but overall I had a great experience working here.

Advice to Management

The company is obviously growing, I would use some of that capital to invest in some of the bells and whistles - but overall keep up the good work.

4. "Analyst"

I worked at GlobalData full-time

Pros

- you will have all the time in the world thingking what to cook the following day- job provides that leisure time

Cons

-nothing much to learn and improve

"Do not work in the Consulting Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GlobalData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting client work in which you can always learn from

Cons

In the US team there is one inexperienced consultant who is allowed to run the show because is the only person who has stayed within the company and allowed the mistreatment. The team consists of 4 other VP level staff do not do any project work and just throw the work on to the consultant who then verbally abuses the team in India to get all the work done and make her look good. If you are a decent person with a good history of work please do yourself a favor and stay away from the consulting team at GD. There are much better companies out there and trust me you don't need yourself the headache. If you go work at GD, you will be working 14+ hours a day, given 10 PTO days a year, and you will need to work during your vacation time when you do decide to take it. This is a sweat shop and no decent person should ever be exposed to such environment.

Advice to Management

Don't be so hungry to increase profit that you run a sweat shop

6. "Business Development"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GlobalData (More than a year)

Pros

None, it was a nightmare from beginning to end

Cons

An insane place to work, degrading, humiliating, old boys network filled with incompetent management

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

7. "Healthcare Account Executive"

Former Employee - Healthcare Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Healthcare Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to grow your career. I have spent the past two years working with the most incredible, talented and hardworking people in GlobalData's Healthcare team. I have grown in my career with the knowledge and insights I have gained working with my peers and have been afforded the opportunity to make an impact in the drug development industry.
    The benefits are excellent, every thursday is free pizza in the office and every friday as you are winding down from the week there is a friday social with drinks and occasionally food.
    No other information company has grown as fast as GlobalData and I m glad I has the opportunity to be a part of this experience

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job!! The products are simply stunning and the Clients are WOWED by what we have to offer.

8. "Director Business Development"

I have been working at GlobalData full-time

Pros

Good people with sense of humor

Cons

Lack of direction and paranoid

Advice to Management

Best of luck. Be careful.

"Horrible at best"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good clients, existing subscription business provides a foundation for future growth

Cons

The consulting services business is a joke given the almost the complete lack of a delivery team and experienced / qualified consultants to actually perform the project work. The India-based global services resource center is staffed by persons who have minimal understanding of the healthcare industry and who are guaranteed to get-it-wrong, but thankfully there's always Wikipedia to correct the gaps in the so-called proprietary data / insight. The forecasting tools should be avoided like the plague because they rely upon unvalidated financial models meaning that their predictive output will likely be a surprise to all parties. Do not buy this service, it is a complete waste of money. Finally the business continues to experience very high employee turnover due to a high stress environment, very weak senior leadership that values making the sale more than delivery of a quality product and total ethical corruption. GD core data service products are a scam that involves the collection of information that is already in the public domain that can be had for free by anybody with a computer and internet access. The phrase why get it for free when you can pay for it applies to data service subscribers, if they only knew how little effort went into collecting this pile of junk or ensuring that it was accurate, nobody would ever pay for this service.

Advice to Management

Establish a company ethics policy and then challenge yourself to follow it. Value your employees, take steps to hire and above all retain quality talent. Ensure that your data service products actually work and are QC'd before passing onto your customers.

10. "Good place to make money and grow your career"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clearly defined expectations

Supportive management team that's willing to work with you to hit targets and make money

Friendly work environment; very willing to listen to employee suggestions to improve

There's always an opportunity to do bigger and better things

Cons

Nothing is perfect but there are no glaring things that are worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Be a little more patient when executing on the ideas and suggestions from management and the team.