GlobalData Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

GlobalData CEO Mike Danson
Mike Danson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance (8:30AM - 5:00PM) (in 29 reviews)

• Been here close to 5 years and throughout there has been fantastic working environment with a strong team feeling (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management do have a tendency to make decisions without involving others (in 15 reviews)

• Upper management is more interested in working on a shoestring budget rather than growing properly (in 12 reviews)

"GlobalData a Fast Growing Company!"

Current Employee - Global Key Accounts Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Key Accounts Director in New York, NY

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GlobalData is a fast paced company, gaining market share in the competitive market research space. The people who work here are amazing and the team very, supportive and willing to help. The solutions and platforms are cutting edge and useful to growing companies, and GlobalData is constantly improving its offering through acquisitions and development. I have been very impressed at how committed the management team is to providing an exceptional product set.

Cons

The sales support tools are lacking. Contact management, account and opportunity management is not as streamlined as I have seen elsewhere. It is a work in progress - heading the right way - but still a long way to go.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our solutions and platforms. Invest in sales tools and process, stay approachable and communicative as we grow.

"Sales - Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work remotely
    Positive work-life balance
    Transparent communication from leadership team
    Solid commission structure - haven't seen one this fair in my 10+ year sales career
    Products and services are top-notch
    Clients share consistent, positive feedback

Cons

Slightly challenging establishing relationships in the beginning with the lack of brand recognition

Advice to Management

Consider investing in more technology to arm the sales force with the tools they need to operate effectively and efficiently
    Increase presence at industry events

"Business Development"

I have been working at GlobalData full-time

Pros

• Excellent training for sales team
    • Strong investment that the company is making in products and analysts is superb – gives the sales team the ammunition that is needed to succeed
    • Compensation package can be quite lucrative - but be prepared to work hard
    • Monthly/quarterly sales incentives make it exciting
    • Top sales people are recognized

Cons

• The abundance of cold calls, emails, and potential rejection can be quite challenging but can be done successfully if one keeps at it – and the compensatory reward makes it worth it.

Advice to Management

• The business is on a positive trajectory - the next 12-24 months should be an opportune time for those who remain committed to be rewarded.

4. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, OH

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, company and people

Cons

None yet, all good, cant complain

Advice to Management

Lets be the top company in out sector! We know what we need to do

5. "Nothing Permanent"

I have been working at GlobalData full-time

Pros

If you are looking for a real career and need to make money in the meantime Globaldata you'll get a high base salary here.

Cons

Work environment is awful and there is no room for growth.

NYC office is far from well kept. They order pizza on Thursdays and have beer in office on Fridays which they feel makes up for how awful the working conditions are...it doesn't make up for it.

Managers are stubborn and are trying to grow their company and drive sales with outdated boiler room approaches. You are set up fail and they'll try to milk you for all they can in 6 months.

Advice to Management

A slice of pizza and a can of bud light isn't what your employees are looking for. They want to succeed through hard work and a smart approach to making sales, not be treated like they work for a cold calling center in a 3rd world country.

6. "GlobalData Healthcare BD Review, NY"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in New York, NY

I worked at GlobalData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance,
    Great management,
    Provides great training, especially for those new to sales and/or the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry,
    Positive and encouraging team environment,
    Pizza on Thursdays,
    Beer on Fridays

Cons

Having to sometimes pitch an expensive product to companies with small budgets

Advice to Management

Overall a good company to work at. Keep up the sales contests and incentives! They promote healthy competition, help with team motivation and improve overall performance

7. "Great Company with ambitious growth goals"

I have been working at GlobalData full-time

Pros

I'm a remote employee who's been with the sales team for 7 years. GD is a great place to start a career or advance one. The company offers an ambitious plan with high reward and gratification.

Cons

Not encountered any significant cons that would make me want to leave GlobalData.

Advice to Management

Consider a Presidents Club

8. "Solid opportunity with growing public company..."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GlobalData offers a wonderful opportunity to have an impact immediately. Career advancement is realistic early on with demonstrated success, and hard work. A wonderful company if you have the entrepreneurial spirit and drive.

Cons

I have not experienced 'cons' worth mentioning

9. "Hiring the brightest minds"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GlobalData stretches across many verticals of Market research and analysis, from Medical to Energy. I don't think there's another company where you can start a career at an entry level, mid-level or advanced-level sales or analyst role, and have access to a wealth of knowledge. You're never on an island! In sales, there is direct contact with Phd's, MBA's and high level experts in their field. Employees are there to mentor you and help you succeed. Your success is their success. They have advanced sales techniques and training to help you understand the sales cycle and proper customer engagement. As in any business, there are expectations for success, so come prepared to learn hard and work hard. You get out what you put in. There is room for growth, lead teams, or advance into key account roles. Customer engagement starts at the c-level.

Cons

Oftentimes, poor performers tend get disgruntled and attempt to pull newbies into their web, don't fall for it.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company, re-invest in people and training. Keep up the good work.

10. "Growing Organization - Great Time to be part of this company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at GlobalData full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Manager who is incredibly knowledgeable, willing to share that knowledge, and available to provide support and insight.
    Great commission opportunities when your hitting targets!
    Growing organization with a lot to offer the right candidate.
    Incredibly smart individuals, with a solid product to sell!
    Understanding on a professional and personal level.

Cons

Wish we had greater brand recognition but I know its coming.

Advice to Management

keep listening to your teams and keep providing solid advice and opportunities for them to to make money and grow as sales reps.