KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GoCardless Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2022

Found 139 of over 145 reviews

4.5
GoCardless CEO Hiroki Takeuchi (no image)
Hiroki Takeuchi

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jun 3, 2022 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The team is highly collaborative and wants to win together -The people are very smart and really good at what they do -Opportunities to learn and grow -Management really cares

Cons

-breaking into a new market is extremely challenging and you sometimes have to work way harder for a fraction of the results people in other markets see -Can be hard to coordinate with other teams based in london

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really great company, and team to work for!

May 3, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

- healthy work/life balance - mutual respect among colleagues and upper management - patience and realistic when it comes to expectations - great benefits - exciting industry and mission to be involved in - fun perks

Cons

- new market within the company, so some challenges to overcome (to be expected)

3. 5.0

good job

May 10, 2022 - Payment Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

lot's of fun great team environment

Cons

none. just do the work and have fun

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

GoElsewhere

Apr 27, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay if you don’t expect anything else

Cons

- No growth here, few UK sdrs but really none make it to AE n ones who do take 2.5-3 yrs - Zero accountability from Mgmt. they pit SDRS against one n other and offer prizes but do not follow through - Lots of middle mgmt act more like supervisors - sdr managers and global director promote call center chop shop w lots of favoritism and no care for Indiv ideas - Tech is not proven but there very ambitious - very hard product to sell & and impossible to hit targets - aloof people team - not guarding lower level employees against nepotism and mistreatment

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

This place is awesome!

May 3, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, great people, great product.

Cons

No cons I can think of.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't pass up this opportunity

Nov 5, 2020 - Enterprise Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The culture - The people are intelligent and willing to help you achieve your goals and assist with your personal development - The unique and growing product offering - The opportunity to define your own career path

Cons

This is a rapidly growing company and you need to be able to be comfortable with change.

7. 5.0

Great

Dec 17, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is great. I wouldn't change a thing

Cons

None, I love everything about this job

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for, with huge potential

Jun 25, 2022 - Senior Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at GoCardless within the last year and I've been bowled over by how much I've enjoyed working here in the short time I've been with the business. Here are just some of the pros: - You work with really bright people, who are happy to help you if you need it - The culture is inclusive and there are tons of opportunities to be promoted (even just looking at the latest round of promotions in the company) - The product itself is great and there's still more to come - Employees are remunerated well (in my experience) - GoCardless also do the small things really well, which staff appreciate (company get togethers, award for employees etc ) - Excellent comms from leadership, whether it's the CEO, CCO, CRO or others within management roles - Clear strategy and direction of travel - Nice office with great amenities for staff I'd 100% recommend working here and look forward to the future at GC.

Cons

Can't think of any at this stage

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Politics

May 3, 2022 - Customer Support Advocate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are pleasant and generally the company (outside of this department) is good and cares for progression and their people.

Cons

A lot of politics. My first telephone interview was the most unprofessional interview I’ve ever had, manager of the department was rude, abrasive, and very abrupt. I continued the process as I knew the company is a good one to get your foot in the door with. The manager continued with this energy throughout my time at GoCardless. Throughout my time there, my team leader never pushed me for progression, but kept promoting new starts I had trained up, even on their probation period. I was constantly given extra responsibility and held back from opportunities based on non tangible things I couldn’t possibly quantify or measure. No support or guidance given on how to improve either. I was actively being held back and the first chunk of my time at Gocardless me and the new starts were treated like Guinea pigs. Constantly on the verge of breaking down, we were told that if the working conditions are affecting our mental health, we should probably look elsewhere for work. Awful experience. I was then let go at a time where I was trying to get diagnosed for adhd, as it was affecting my work. For a company that claims to care about avoiding discrimination, I definitely didn’t see that at any point. Massively avoid if you’re Pakistani or of a Muslim background, because you’ll most likely be bullied and pushed out by the manager.

2 people found this review helpful

GoCardless Response

Hi there. My name is Pat and I'm the Chief Customer Officer. First off, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback as it's critical to help us get better. I'm really sorry that this was your experience. We're obsessive about ensuring that despite operating in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment, we balance that with development, opportunity, and above all, a fair and diverse work environment. Clearly, that hasn't been the case for you and I commit to taking your feedback on board and ensuring that we incorporate to learn. Thank you for your contribution to GC and good luck in the future.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast moving but well organized

Jan 3, 2022 - Customer Advocate II in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

GoCardless genuinely is a nice place to work. They have somehow managed to grow in size but maintain a friendly atmosphere. This may be because they sincerely are committed to ethics including diversity and sustainability. Even though they're very much still in their growth phase, they're impressively well organized. In particular, it's usually fairly straightforward to find either documented information or the right person to ask. They're also good at managing remote and on-site workers together. As a remote worker, I never felt left out or left behind by people in the office. They're also really good at supporting development. You get a very decent Learnably budget plus there are always loads of opportunities for internal training. If you have a career path in mind then your manager will do what they can to help you get where you want to be.

Cons

For me, their hiring process was long. This is probably inevitable given how thorough they are but it would be nice if they could speed it up. Your opportunities might be relatively limited if you only want to work remotely. That, however, is probably going to be true of any company unless it's fully remote or at least remote first. One final point to note is that life at GoCardless does tend to move at a fast pace. You need to be able to see that as a challenge to be overcome if you want to succeed there. If you're the type of person who dislikes frequent change then GoCardless might not be for you right now.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 139 Reviews

GoCardless Reviews FAQs

GoCardless has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 145 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at GoCardless to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GoCardless employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GoCardless. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

87% of GoCardless employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GoCardless 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GoCardless to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with GoCardless Job Seekers