GovSpend Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2020

3.3
GovSpend Founder and CEO Jeff Rubenstein  (no image)
Jeff Rubenstein
Cons
  1. "Great tools and better talent"

I have been working at GovSpend full-time

Pros

Strong leadership, good products and services. There is a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to share responsibilities. I also like how our managers are quick to identify any concerns and provide solutions. Overall, a casual work environment with a good set of perks and benefits.

Cons

Volume of calls and talking with difficult clients.

2. "Compensation is getting better but definitely requires hard work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at GovSpend full-time

Pros

You can maximize your earnings and make good money by working hard and going the extra mile. Laid-back, dress casual, work at home opportunities and of course that occasional free food. Nice for freshers or even those with no experience.

Cons

Has its share of ups and downs but nothing stands out that would give me a reason to quit my job here.

"Good smart people doing excellent work"

4.0

I have been working at GovSpend full-time

Pros

Great team environment and dedicated coworkers. Ask anyone, and you'll get the same answer, the people are supportive and always willing to help. Interesting and challenging projects. Advancement opportunities for those who are eager to put in the hours and hard work.

Cons

The company is scaling quickly, and there aren't enough people to handle the workload. Expect long hours and work going beyond late hours in the evening.

"no real room for growth"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at GovSpend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very relaxed culture- can wear whatever you want to office. finally updated commission plan- used to pay employees under 1% commission on deals (for YEARS) product is an easy sell.

Cons

very relaxed culture no real room for growth. even a "promotion" in title you are still doing the exact same work. nearly to move up ladder management plays favorites. laid off 50 people.. hired family member of employee the week after. push you to work 24/7.. constant slacks after 8pm asking if anyone is working. severely frowned upon if you don't put in any time outside of work hours.

"Innovative, Fast-paced Environment"

I have been working at GovSpend full-time

Pros

Good organization to work for. Lots of talented employees. Managers are very transparent and supportive. Company that cares. Constant growth, the work environment is innovative. So much to learn working here, management places the welfare of its employees first. Advance your skills and move forward.

Cons

Workloads and deadlines. Must be proactive and be able to multitask.

"Relaxed work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Consultant in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at GovSpend full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s the people that makes this place a nice place to work. Good exposure to tech, excellent training, lots of resources. Flexible work arrangements. Team environment and work with seasoned professionals, opportunity to move up for those who want it. Nice facilities, smooth working experience.

Cons

Can’t think of any cons now, workloads maybe but that’s part of the job description

"Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at GovSpend full-time for less than a year

Pros

GovSpend has a hard-working and friendly environment.

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Continue reading

"Hard-to-miss opportunity; Start a career in an in-demand industry"

I have been working at GovSpend full-time

Pros

Relaxed work atmosphere, the place is a mix of personalities and experience. Get the chance to work in this challenging field and build your resume. Good place to train and learn; company gives you the tools and training to succeed. Easy management, free food, fun events, startup culture. Great time to be here.

Cons

Fast-paced company and learning curve

"RUN!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at GovSpend full-time for less than a year

Pros

- they do a lot of spiffs where you're able to make some extra money...but they also TAX the money too. - basically get to wear PJs to work, no one cares. - can smell like cigarettes because no one cares - can show up late if you're on of the favorites. - I enjoyed my broker and my team.

Cons

- absolutely no structure. - no culture, no values. - starting salary is a JOKE! - the company is not professional and has no structure on pricing-- they can sell their product for VERY CHEAP but choose to up the pricing about 500%. - the week of training is a joke, you don't learn anything until your 2nd or 3rd month in. - if you're not the teachers pet, you will not succeed. - no room for growth. - you will never make as much as the super brokers, they designed the commissions where they get a majority of your $$ even if they do no work. - the division managers are JOKE!!!! - they are known for being a sketchy company. - VP lays off 50 people via conference call with no exit interview or not even a text/call afterward - then ASKS IF I WANT MY JOB BACK WHEN THEY SEE IM DOING BETTER LOL.

10. COVID-19

"Upper management needs to taking basic management courses"

Former Employee - Broker in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at GovSpend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, down to earth culture, open to trying new ideas for the most part, a lot of time off.

Cons

Poor management skills, negative reenforcement, yelling at the sales division as a whole which is demotivating to the top performers, micromanaging, very sketchy business decisions, unnessisary layoffs even before covid-19.

Found 50 reviews