KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 59 of over 64 reviews

4.2
Gradient Financial Group CEO Charles E. Lucius
Charles E. Lucius
Pros
  • "Work environment is the best I have ever experienced(in 5 reviews)

• "It is an awesome laid back environment and that can be hard to find(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only thing that i can think of would is to be able to have the ability to work from home from time to time(in 6 reviews)

• "Health insurance is a little pricey, but has started to decrease the past few years(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Truly a fun and dynamic workplace

May 4, 2021 - Vice President of Marketing in Arden Hills, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family Oriented Very Fun break room that anyone can enjoy. Communication from department to department was great. Leadership was fantastic. Ample Vacation time.

Cons

Starting pay is lower than some other places.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Some good, some bad

Jul 16, 2021 - Marketing and Communications in Arden Hills, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room to try different things and move around within the company

Cons

Kind of old-fashioned in terms of remote work

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great camaraderie and real opportunity

Sep 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that's innovative and growing A culture that encourages big ideas and then empowers people to put them into action A culture that's open to change and adaptation Good work is recognized and rewarded A culture that balances expectations for good and timely work with a sense of fun Genuine opportunity for advancement within the company

Cons

There can sometimes be a "cool kids" table and an "others" table, though I think that's not overwhelming and is improving.

Gradient Management

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback about Gradient. Gradient continues to grow and be a leader in the financial service industry because of great people like you. At Gradient, we continue to strive to provide the best possible environment for employees. Thank you for your feedback on flexible work schedules. As an organization we are continually working towards improvements and your feedback is important to us! I hope things continue to progress in a positive manner and you have a long fulfilling career at Gradient! To quote one of our values, we hope that everyday you can Win the Day! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to work

Feb 8, 2021 - Financial Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, good people, and very great products

Cons

none that i can think of

Gradient Management

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Gradient. As a newer employee we appreciate your perspective and hope things continue to progress in a positive manner. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Painful

Apr 18, 2021 - Multimedia Producer in Arden Hills, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

4 weeks vacation starting (but no separate sick time)

Cons

everything else (bad insurance, toxic upper management, sexist culture, I could go on...)

Gradient Management

Dear Former Employee, We have reviewed the concerns you brought forward. It’s unfortunate your experience wasn’t what you hoped it would be. I question why you wouldn’t have brought your concerns forward if they were factual? The items of concern are things specifically addressed in new hire orientation and are not prevalent within our company. All employees at Gradient know that the company has zero tolerance for any kind of harassment or retaliation. If you are not comfortable going to your supervisor, you should report your concerns to HR. I will add that as an organization we continually and actively work to make Gradient a safe, fun and accountable place where entrepreneurial-minded people can thrive. In addition we pay competitive wages given the position and market environment! Lastly, Gradient is a company with several females in leadership roles and a company that has and will always strongly oppose sexism of any kind. Although you are no longer with Gradient, we wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company - Great Atmosphere

Dec 28, 2020 - Financial Sales Profiler in Arden Hills, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is eager to help new employees learn and get 'up-to-speed' Very inclusive atmosphere Flexible hours and work structure Ample recognition Fair bonus structure Clear career path Good benefits 4 Weeks PTO

Cons

Lots of phone time (100+ dials/day; 2:00+ talking hrs/day)

Gradient Management

Dear current employee, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with your experience with Gradient. Gradient continues to grow and be a leader in the financial service industry because of great people like you. We are appreciative to see your pros while working at Gradient, as those are just a few things we pride ourselves on. We are grateful that you are having a positive experience here at Gradient. I hope things continue to progress in a positive manner and continue to Win the Day and we hope that you have a long fulfilling career at Gradient! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great young company and culture

Jul 8, 2020 - Case Design Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Motivated Leadership, Technology constantly improving, Very willing to adapt and adjust to new demands of business world (Flex time, remote work, etc), they recognize good work and good employees and work to keep you if you are one.

Cons

No company is perfect but nothing major here.

Gradient Management

Dear Current Employee, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with your experience at Gradient. We would like to thank you for your continued service! We appreciate you noticing the improvements to technology and workplace flexibility that we provide. We will continue to grow and provide the best for our employees and our Company! As an organization, we are continually working towards improving the culture and work environment here at Gradient. We continue to have leaders involved in our leadership development program to further train and develop our supervisors so they can have a greater impact on their departments. We appreciate you taking the time for sharing the positive as well as areas for improvement!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Worst company

Jul 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

When you’re hired, you’re made to believe you’re joining a family. So for a short while, you feel sunshine and rainbows. The only PRO at this place is the annuity brokerage president.

Cons

Everything. Benefits are laughable. Employees suffer while senior management sits on their ivory thrones. It’s not a family. If you’re not part of the “Lucius circle”, you’re expendable. Managers micromanage. No respect, no trust.

5 people found this review helpful

Gradient Management

Dear Former Employee, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Gradient. As an organization, we are continually working toward making this a great workplace for all employees. Optimizing benefits has been a high priority. Proudly, we were able to offer employees two consecutive years of lower health care costs. We continue to stay focused on industry trends so we can offer our employees competitive benefit packages. In addition, we have introduced and integrated a comprehensive leadership development program to further train and develop our supervisors so they can have a greater impact on their department. Although you are no longer with Gradient, we appreciate the work you have done and hope you are proud of what you accomplished during your time here. We wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Gradient, the place you should be!

Nov 5, 2019 - Senior Director of Marketing in Topeka, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

The freedom to be the master of your domain, you're literally in control of your own destiny around here.

Cons

You have to be able to think while working in multiple gears at the same time, for some that can be an issue. Also, you've got to have thick skin. Again, a problem.

Gradient Management

Dear Current Employee, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Gradient and for the loyal years of service. Gradient continues to grow and be a leader in the financial service industry because of great people like you. As an organization we are continually working towards improvements. Recently all of our leaders attended Purposeful Accountability training. The training offered a wide range of tools and training create a better experience for customers and co-workers. Employee development and satisfaction is an integral piece of career progression. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

I would recommend to anyone looking!

Jul 10, 2019 - Registration and Compliance Associate in Roseville, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

20 PTO days to start, paid holidays, flex time to accommodate activities outside of work without using PTO, full benefits, opportunity to advance your career, early outs on Friday.

Cons

The schedule is flexible but it's still within normal business hours. Typically shifts are anywhere between 7am - 6pm. I'm only mentioning this because you still can't beat the traffic. Some positions work you harder than what you get compensated.

2 people found this review helpful

Gradient Management

Dear Current Employee, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Gradient and for the loyal years of service. Gradient continues to grow and be a leader in the financial service industry because of great people like you. We are continually working to make improvements to the structure of our business and appreciate your feedback. A modification to our on-boarding process has allowed each department time to educate new hires on what each department does and how their efforts impact our business. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews