Guardian Protection Reviews | Glassdoor

Guardian Protection Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2019

3.2
Guardian Protection CEO Bryan Cipoletti  (no image)
Bryan Cipoletti
Pros
  • "Good benefits and they are personable throughout the company on a corporate level(in 7 reviews)

• "That being said, the career progression in the customer service role is there is you are motivated and want it(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Like many customer service jobs, working with customers can be tedious and frustrating if you get the wrong person(in 6 reviews)

• "Upper management did nothing to remedy the situation and because of this, 5 employees resigned within 5 days(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Build a Career"

Former Employee - Protection Specialist in Warrendale, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Guardian was a great place to work. They have a fun and hard working culture that is not hard to notice. Guardian typically promotes from within giving great opportunities to advance.

Cons

A lot of traffic in the area it is located.

Guardian Protection2019-08-13
  2. "Good until they decide to find a reason to get rid of you."

Field Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection for more than 3 years

Pros

I really liked the job I was doing. CCTV, Access Control. The fellow techs were great to work with. Spent most of the day driving, about 1/3 of the day doing actual work.

Cons

Long hours. My last full week, I hit 57 hours. Not enough training, most of the stuff I did, I had to figure out on my own. Thank God for Google. If you need help or need to escalate to a higher level technician, management looks down on you. If you hire someone to work on security systems, maybe take the actual time to train on security systems. They might have you tag along with another tech to learn, but... they'll schedule him for jobs you already know how to do. No real feedback on how you're doing. Can't improve if you really don't know how you're doing. You literally bleed for the company and then they suddenly make up a reason to get rid of you. Beware of supervisors that act like your friend, it's an act. He'll tell you that you're fine doing something, then later he'll fire you for it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to how your supervisors are actually managing their staff. If there's no write ups, but people are suddenly gone, there's a problem and it ain't the regular staff.

Guardian Protection2019-12-06
  3. "Great people no support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and supervisors. Everyone is really nice and welcoming. Benefits are good and there is an on site gym and locker room.

Cons

Not enough training or support. You try to call other departments and they don't want to take the call. Help Desk are always on calls so you can't get help when you need it. Its overwhelming. Management has no idea what the job is like. They care more about the numbers then employees. We get back to back calls and all management says is to go faster. Quality cares more about asking for an email than having a good... interaction and they contradict themselves. Pay isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and learn what the job is really like. Give the support we need to take care of our customers.

Guardian Protection2019-10-16
  4. "Awful"

Former Employee - Tech

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A check,A Check,A check,A check

Cons

Racist bigoted Cowboys with evil in they're hearts

Advice to Management

Stop being Bigoted

Guardian Protection2019-10-27
  5. "Hit or Miss"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time

Pros

For a very individualized company, there is a surprising amount of good camaraderie among employees, though it's often a shared frustration about how customers can be rude.

Cons

Like many customer service jobs, working with customers can be tedious and frustrating if you get the wrong person.

Guardian Protection2019-10-01
  6. "Customer Care Team"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They really appreciate your hard work. It’s also very hands on training, so some computer knowledge and call center experience will definitely put you at an advantage. Management truly cares and will make sure you have a hand in succeeding. This also comes with working hard to take care of the customers. There is also incentives to continue to do well and tons of resources to help you gain knowledge on the job.... Wonderful PTO, health care benefits, along with retirement, life insurance, and short term disability.

Cons

The pay could be better. Lots of management changes currently, causing a little bit of turbulence with the departments.

Advice to Management

I think that the abrupt changes are hard for everyone so implementing them slower would not cause so much distraction from the job.

Guardian Protection2019-07-23
  7. "Monitoring Specialist"

Former Employee - Monitoring Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members treat you like family. They are interested in your stories. Serious but fun atmosphere.

Cons

Monthly celebrations of anniversary/birthday hire months with cake from Costco. I couldn't stop eating the yummy CAKE!

Advice to Management

Keep being personable and caring about the frontline workers. It really boosts morale.

Guardian Protection2019-07-20
  8. "Good Company, Bad execs running the place that are accountants that couldnt sell Water in a drought"

Former Employee - STC in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

keyis to have a good relationship with your supervisors, coworkers in your office to thrive. The culture is strong and respectable. Good benefits and they are personable throughout the company on a corporate level. Not speaking for Dealers.

Cons

recent changes have placed personnel in decision making positions that frankly, don't know what they are doing because they only know numbers and never sold or been in a commission based position. You cant operate on a bean counting formula and expect to maintain prestige and keep up with competitors. Company leads aren't what they promise. Depending on the office, They are limited in security resources so if you... are experienced in the security industry, be prepared to be in a straight jacket. Company moves too slow to solutions that are repeated complaints and the solutions are being shouted from every salesman and woman, every Area manager, every Ops Manager. The compensation recently changed greatly. Larger jobs pay less by 20-40%. Accoutants thinking sales people cant count or do simple multiplication, division and fractions. They increased pay on basic systems, but lowered pay on larger systems thus depending on what the salesman was consitantly selling, results in lesser pay if he or she maintains their average units per month.

Advice to Management

Treat your Office managers and area managers better and listen to them. Chances are, they know waaaay more than you. Stop filling top exec positions with ppl that DONT know the culture, haven't sold or have a success track record of selling aka Accountants!!! Count all the beans you want. when its time to cook the beans and you want meat to go with it, they are useless in a sales direction management realm.

Guardian Protection2019-07-19
  9. "Na"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time

Pros

Hours are good and no weekends

Cons

Lack of training and communication

Guardian Protection2019-07-30
  10. "Run, run fast"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Newtown, PA

I worked at Guardian Protection full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have an office with free parking to attend mandatory weekly meetings.

Cons

There is nothing beneficial to working for Guardian. No "allowed" time off, No sick time, no medical leave, NO VACATION (even unpaid vacation is not allowed), you're on call 24 hours every day of the week, driving your personal car all over the tri state area with no mileage reimbursments. No reimbursements for anything . You pay for EVERYTHING. No true salary. Oh, and have I mentioned the constantly reduced pay and... commission structures? Became a horrible company to work for.

Advice to Management

Treat and your employees like human beings. Also, the micromanagement style isn't working for you...Plenty of your reviews reflect this.

Guardian Protection2019-08-08