HCFS. Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Julie Faling

1. "Things are shaping up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Company growth is on an upward trend.
    -Lots of new employees are being hired to keep up with client demand.
    -Management in the corporate office are very laid back.
    -Corporate office culture very friendly and supportive. "Office politics" isn't really a thing here. Everyone knows everyone and seems to get along really well.
    -Casual dress code Monday-Fri
    -I've not experienced any "micro-management" and feel as though I'm given agency to complete projects and manage time in the approach that best fits my work style.
    -Compensation is surprisingly good.
    -CFO is young, talented, and isn't uptight.
    -VP of Information Technology is a very good leader.
    -CEO is VERY nice and has an extremely warm demeanor. She's a competent leader and everyone adores her.

Cons

-"Growing pains" are definitely present here due to rapid company growth. HCFS are implementing a lot of new programs to benefit our new clients. This does mean that things are constantly changing and you have to be flexible in order to adjust to procedure changes.

-Hospitals don't always provide onsite teams with the best equipment and those hospitals sometimes will refuse to allow HCFS to provide its own equipment to onsite Patient Account reps.

Advice to Management

Try to hire more young employees. The younger employees here add a lot to the culture and make this a more fun place to work. Please continue investing in the growth of the IT department. There's something special happening there and this is a rare place where the IT department have the ability to actually drive revenue through innovation. Don't lose sight of that and this place will flourish.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Frisco, TX

I have been working at HCFS. Inc (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company assists those in need

Cons

Poor communication from the corporate office, no consistency from the corporate office

Advice to Management

Listen more to those employee who actually perform the job

3. "Change needed"

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time

Pros

Having the opportunity to work with different hospitals, learn about state programs and help others

Cons

To much work and no payment increase. Management does not care about the employees

Advice to Management

Sometimes saying thank you and appreciate the hard working employees can make a difference. Remember we have a life outside of work that is priority. Caring about your employees is the main part of being a manager vs having the I dont care attitude. Treating everyone equally and with respect makes the job a better working environment for everyone.

4. "Response to the Marketing Specialist"

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time

Pros

“...there has been a solid coordination of efforts in the approach and communication of these changes over the last few years.." Really? Did the company put forth a solid effort to communicate to the DOZENS of employees who were abruptly laid off in Feb 2014? Did the company so much as give them a heads up so that they had time to look for other employment? Or did they just "trim the fat" with no regard for the good people who were trying to feed their families?

Cons

"Our Senior Leadership has the ‘big picture’ in mind, and our internal efforts are always centered around this."
    Yeah, and I guess that 'big picture' is how Senior Leadership can keep their jobs while desperately trying to cut enough costs (i.e. employees) so that the company doesn't go out of business completely. I understood the direction of the company just fine - lay off enough people so that HCFS can weather the financial storm they created in the first place through lack of planning.

Advice to Management

"We are proud of the longevity of our employees..."
    Now, this is just offensive. HCFS laid off people who worked there over a decade. HCFS leadership laid off employees who were literally family members. Not sure who you are, but don't make it sound like I'm just some bitter ex-employee. People need to know about HCFS. People need to know about what kind spin people like you are putting on this. It's simple - the failure of leadership at this company caused a financial crisis that cost dozens of good people their jobs through no fault of their own. It's not right. It's not in line with the HCFS I knew. This company lost its soul after Rick passed away. Rick cared about employees and their families. I miss those days.

5. "The opportunity of a Lifetime."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is large enough to offer good benefits, yet small enough to be acknowledged for advancement opportunities verses large corporations.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge during certain projects, yet the outcome outweigh the sacrifice.

Advice to Management

i have had the privilege to have an encouraging management team that believes in my strengths and helps diminish my weaknesses.

6. "An experience ..."

Former Employee - Employee Preparation and Standards Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Employee Preparation and Standards Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, employee benefits, multiple site locations, strong resource systems

Cons

Company culture encourages back biting, gossiping and distrust. The cons are not evident on first glance but become glaringly obvious within 90 days. A successful person in this organization does not cause waves and networks with the executives and management.

Advice to Management

No advice, management feeds into the negatives within the organization.

7. "Overall, good place to work."

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Opelousas, LA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Opelousas, LA

Pros

good pay and benefits. Good people and good managemnt style. You are not micromanaged. Managers are understanding when it comes to needed time off.

Cons

I really cant think of any cons to this company. It may be that some days you are over loaded on accounts to work and that sometimes the managers cant understand how you can't do everything.

Advice to Management

I think the managers (the ones I have had) have been very good. I think it would be better if they would understand that sometimes you can't work the required number of accounts per day, but that you do try.

8. "2016 has been a year of change..."

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Surveys have been sent requesting opinions and management is listening. A new learning system has been recently launched to help with development. Business is growing and more people are getting hired. This year has been looking good!

Cons

Change is sometimes hard. New growth can be uncomfortable at first. Stay the course and see the benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thanks for listening.

9. "Overall"

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company that shows compassion to patients.

Cons

Not a lot of room for professional development.

Advice to Management

Develop employees.

10. "Quantity over quality"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some supervisors/management are great at work/life balance and they understand that things come up. Other people will typically do your job too, so days off don't result in overload. If you do your work fast/well and keep your head down, you will do well here.

Cons

This is a female dominated company and it shows (not in a good way). Gossip and fake nice people is what you will see a lot of. The priority in this company is HOW MUCH, not HOW WELL you do.

Advice to Management

It is very apparent that the 5 star reviews on here are management. No one else talks about the company like that.