HCS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Debbie Scott
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a great place to build your job skills if you are new to this industry (in 4 reviews)

• For recruiters- This is great training (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The jobs orders are stale and have been open for several months because the sales team does not sell (in 5 reviews)

• You see some old former employees who seem very concerned about posting negative reviews over and over, please move on with your lives (in 3 reviews)

"Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is wonderful. They follow up with you to ensure you are continually a good match for the company they place you with.

Cons

Having to work with two offices. You have two sets of company rules th adhere by.

Advice to Management

Continue the goid working environment.

"Extremely high turnover. I saw people over worked and then fired prior to receiving commissions. Theives!"

Former Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The proposed potential commission payouts.

Cons

Racist owner (I'm white and I noticed), over worked staff, crappy health insurance, false representation of job expectations. This is a recurring sweat shop. EOC should investigate their practices.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

"Recruiter"

Pros

People are friendly and always willing to be helpful. The management made many improvements while I was there. Managers are caring and provide assistance when needed. This is a great place to build your job skills if you are new to this industry.

Cons

The nature of the business makes this particular company an unstable place to work. If you are not a top performer you are given jobs that nobody wants to work on. Even when your numbers are high, they can fall very quickly. When 2/3s of the employees are not meeting metric expectations, there is something terribly wrong with either the process or the metrics or both.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge all of your hard workers and not just the top performers. Disperse the jobs more fairly to give others a chance to perform higher. Hold your sales team accountable for the way they treat the recruiters. At times they are very disrespectful. Work on finding solutions to the high turnover.

"National Recruiting Consultant"

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time

Pros

Just started working here a few weeks ago but so far it's going great! Management is amazing and truly care about our personal success. Really hard to find that at other companies where management only cares about the money coming in. I love how they keep checking up on me just to see how I'm doing. Maybe it's a Florida thing? New to the area and never saw that where I'm from. Really happy so far!

Cons

None yet. We'll see after a few more months....

Advice to Management

No advice at all! Best management I've ever had. Please keep providing employees with your support. Really helpful in an industry like this one.

Dec 20, 2017 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, the HCS team is one of a kind and we pride ourselves on our people. Welcome to the HCS family!

"Positive changes"

Pros

The company has made a lot of positive changes since I started. The President is highly respected at all levels, recruiters to directors. Company meetings are positive, quick and to the point. Current leadership treats everyone on even playing field, and the sales/recruiter relationship mirrors a team vs silo. We have some of the best clients and job orders I have seen since I started.

Cons

Lack of consistency in performance metrics. For ramping recruiters or recruiters moving into a "tenured" status there is a lack of understanding and possibly direction in expectations. On the flip side, established recruiters and sales are held to their activity expectation. With a green team this can cause in congruency in activity and placements, putting more pressure on those already hitting their metrics and a sales team with a bunch of unfilled jobs.

Advice to Management

This place went from an environment where the vibe of the office changed as quickly as the weather in our Florida summer to a place where people enjoy coming to work. Thank you. My only feedback would be that everyone needs to contribute to the growth objectives of the organization. Finding a way to add layers between sales and recruiting can help keep the activity expectation visible and consistent as we continue to add talent.

"Overall great experience"

Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Winter Park, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working at Scouts. Period. There were ups and downs but that's what will happen with any company. Recruiting isn't for everyone - if you can't manage the roller coaster ride (don't get me wrong - I was known for my outbursts when things went sour) that is recruiting then you should just go now. It can be hard as hell to find a nurse CM in the middle of no where California but once the commission hits your bank account it's all worth it. It isn't easy and you have to work hard to get to a point where you will be one of those recruiters that doesn't look like they put much effort in. Believe me - they did and you have to too. So suck it up and ask for feedback or help - get as much knowledge from those people because they know what they are doing. Yeah client feedback sucks real bad sometimes but it's not entirely your account managers fault. Sometimes you have to annoy (nicely) to remind them. They are managing a lot! Also I'm sure it has change in the past couple of months since I left - had I not relocated I wouldn't have left. Once you prove yourself to the company, they will work with you 100% for your outside needs. They welcomed me back with open arms after maternity leave. I pretty much loved going to work everyday to be honest and all those nasty reviews are from former employees that didn't fit the recruiter life. Like I said, it's not for everyone. From what I see and know Scouts is trying to grow and advance in the healthcare recruiting field. It seems they have some great outings and perks too - they did when I left and it's continued. All I can say is I miss my HCS fam!!

Cons

I think my biggest concern was client feedback - but again that could be on me somewhat too. Also, I remember the lines being blurred between teams - people getting placements for something they shouldn't have been working on. But that again is the name of game in recruiting. Gotta jump on the hot job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. From my stand point you guys are making Scouts a phenomenal company to work for. And thanks for helping mold me into a great recruiter!

"Work Hard and Make Money"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The harder you work, the more money you will make. Those that complain, or sit there doing nothing and wonder why "no one picks up," or "I haven't gotten a placement in a month" don't have a real understanding what recruiting is. It isn't for everyone, but it sure is for those that want to make really good money without the hoops to jump through. Your work is a direct correlation to your success at HealthCare Scouts.

Mele, the Corporate Trainer, has trained the best of the best recruiters, and was trained by some of the best of the best Account Directors. I owe her quite a bit of my success by how she trained me. All of the directors, Olivia, Danielle, Willie, Caroline, Christie and Sheree, as well as the Director of Recruiting, Todd, are beyond busy... but always there for recruiting advice (and if you simply need a friend that day).

The newly promoted Account Managers, Taryn, Jana, Deanna and Judy are CONSTANTLY working their tails off to ensure we keep getting fast feedback, new jobs... and therefor money in our pockets!

Cons

If you're not someone that can stay positive during the slow or hard times, you're never going to last in recruiting. We're dealing with peoples' lives. There are things out of our control as recruiters-- if someone falls off or doesn't call you back, there's 10 others that will. There's ALWAYS someone that will.

Advice to Management

Having a CEO, CFO, President, Vice President, Corporate Trainer, and Director of Recruiting constantly focused on helping recruiters be the best they can be is a great change from a corporate environment (who can say that their President and Vice President walk around to say hi almost every morning at work?? I can!) Thank you for the hard work, and please stay true to that as you have been.

"Growth comes with opportunity"

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have been here for less than a year and it is obvious that people who make the effort get rewarded. They are completely transparent which makes it feel very inclusive.

Cons

It is a young company with young people, so gossip and a means girls club is inevitable.

HCS Healthcare Response

Jun 6, 2017 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are growing and evolving constantly to create a great company culture, we appreciate the feedback.

"Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at HCS Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, competitive pay, and the directors/coworkers are always helpful

Cons

A lot to handle at times

HCS Healthcare Response

Jun 6, 2017 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for your feedback!

"Get a life."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthCare Scouts provides the opportunity for it's employees to make a good living and gain experience in sales. A year ago, I would not have recommended a friend to work here, but with the positive changes in management, I would proudly recommend HealthCare Scouts as a great place to work. For those who have left and continue to create different profiles to write negative reviews on the internet, some of the changes that have happened lately, you may not even be aware of. Our company now offers a 401k matching program, will no longer have a shared services department, and is still continuing to see growth in revenue. If you are the type of person who plays games on your cell phone all day, comes in 15-20 minutes late each morning, contributes less than 4 submittals each week, AND has a terrible attitude about WORKING on jobs, then this will not be the fit for you. If you have a positive mindset, want to WORK for what is given to you, and have the drive to be successful, then you will succeed here. As a recruiter, what we do is not rocket science, but it does take effort. The utter laziness and poor attitudes of some of the people that have worked here, make it difficult to even hit minimum standards (which in turn, won't make you any money). Although our office space has expanded, we still do not have room for people like that. I am not in management and no one has asked me to write a review on here. I am simply sick of these people using Glassdoor as their voice, when in all reality they did nothing while employed here.

Cons

For the people who are still employed here writing negative reviews, please do yourself, and the rest of us a favor and resign immediately. You're obviously miserable, and that is no way to live your life. If you have been employed here and were looking for a job the entire time, I feel sorry that it took you months to find a different organization that would hire someone with a poor work ethic and attitude like yours. If you have moved on to other opportunities, please stop trash talking our organization and focus your time and energy on your new position...maybe then, you MIGHT be successful.

Advice to Management

Please make some of these obvious changes faster. Continue to invest time in the people who care and want to succeed, who will then give the biggest return.