HCS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Debbie Scott

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You meet some great co-workers and of course the free coffee/tea and snacks (that you are rat trained to wait for)" (in 4 reviews)

• "This is a great place to build your job skills if you are new to this industry" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The jobs orders are stale and have been open for several months because the sales team does not sell" (in 5 reviews)

• "No one enjoys working at Scouts" (in 3 reviews)

"Case Manager"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is wonderful. They follow up with you to ensure you are continually a good match for the company they place you with.

Cons

Having to work with two offices. You have two sets of company rules th adhere by.

Advice to Management

Continue the goid working environment.

Jun 1, 2018 – HCS Healthcare

We appreciate the feedback and we pride ourselves on our very thorough and supportive Recruiters. We are delighted that you had a great experience working with HCS Healthcare.

"Strong Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I included a list of Pros below

*Training Program
    *Leadership
    *Team Work
    *Opportunity

Cons

*There is always room for improvement, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

"HCS Review"

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time

Pros

The values and mission of the company are respectable. Because of this, the company has retained several key players and continues to attract hopeful talent. The company is flexible and accomodates work from home, time off for personal matters, etc. Commissions reward people that work the hardest/smartest and contribute the most to the company's revenue. The company is very generous to members of the National Guard or Reserves. You will get paid while on leave, continue to accrue GP, receive commissions, and someone else will be responsible for manging your book, regardless of how long you are out.

Cons

After significant improvements made by our last president, the company's culture has taken a turn for the worst. This began initially with the entry of the vice presdient and has only gotten worse with her tranisition to president. It can be expected, even with the best of leadership, that there will be employees who are unhappy. What should not be expected, however, is that everyone is some combination of unhappy, mistreated, and seriously undervalued. There is a lack of understanding of our basic business structure (e.g., clients, operations, processes, etc.) at an executive level. The president has spoken negatively about our compensation structure to people at her prior organization, while making comments that indicate she doesn't understand the key diferences between the companies. It is tough to get behind a leader who openly downplays our contributions in this manner.

Advice to Management

Employees have lost confidence, respect, and trust in our executive leadership team as a result of the inconsistency in practices, communication, and behaviors. For example, after advertisiting an open door policy and requesting transparency and feedback, we often receive the response "it is no one's business, including yours". Try asking questions to determine the root of the concern or challenge, like "how has this impacted you" or "how could implementing this positively benefit you or others in the company". Dedicate time to develop the people and contribute to the goals of our company, not other companies. Take time to understand what everyone's role is so they can be recognized and evaluated accordingly. Follow up on your commitment in January to give account managers an EC goal. It is June and the account managers still don't have a goal. Stop pointing fingers and manipulating your recruiting teams and sales teams into opposition. Challenges with clients and candidates tend to be redundant, so add value by helping, mentoring, proposing solutions, and follow up. Stop taking credit and self promoting for growth you were not involved in. Be genuine in the limited recognition you give. When the president follows "congratulations" with "you still have a lot to work on" while addressing someone publicly, it is typically not recevied warmly. The example is set from the top and right now a lot of junior employees are picking up some BAD habits.

"Swipe Left on HCS"

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coffee/tea options, decently new office space in an otherwise dated building, and you'll meet some good co-workers who you can commiserate with after you both leave the organization.

Cons

Metrics, metrics, metrics. Every company needs KPIs, but this organization takes it to another level. Call counts and time are tracked and reports are looked at daily as a measure of success. As with any micro-management tool, there are workarounds created by employees to look like these KPIs are met. Unfortunately, this will part of your job as well as doing the actual things that help you be successful in your job. (HCS work hack: just find the numbers with repeatable intro messages and dial them throughout the day in order to make your call/time counts.)

You will be required to work from 8.30 to 5.30 (and beyond) with very little empathy or options to work from home. You'd think in a job that can completely be done from home that this might be an option for you, but it won't be.

The organization as a whole does not take employee feedback seriously. Lots of verbal acknowledgements and bluster on this front, but very little (if any) action. An "Open Door Policy" should not include reciprocity for those that make themselves vulnerable and try to give constructive feedback. Just read the passive aggressive and dismissive comment responses from HCS on here and you'll get a flavor of their in person "open door policy".

The social media presence for this organization is laughable illusion. If you're considering this organization as a candidate, just assume that this is you being catfished.

Advice to Management

If you care about your people, utilize a 3rd party and survey your employees. I would start with 180 feedback for your Directors and Leaders. From there I would do a baseline Employee Engagement survey. You've had a horrible Glassdoor Rating for years now, which you actively try to cover up by flagging reviews for removal if they dare to mention any individuals in your organization. Be honest about where this company is and do employee feedback correctly.

Get rid of the car program. No one cares about Enterprise's barely used cars. Ask your employees in said survey above how they'd like to be rewarded instead of assuming that they want an antiquated rewards system.

"Don’t just walk away .... RUN!!!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cons

Let’s start with all the false promises:
    -quick moving jobs - lies! Maybe 1 client who is quick moving but all the rest be prepared to keep candidates in play for up to 2 months
    -goals are attainable - lies! They forget to tell you that all the recruiters who are highly successful “inherited” majority of their success from the ridiculous turnover
    -growing and learning as an organization - lies! They will never grow bc they refuse to listen to any feedback or suggestions. They may ask for it but it falls on deaf ears and typically those who provide them have a target on their backs. Also take the time and ask them how many of their new initiatives have worked. answer is a big fat 0! And be prepared if you do decide to be part of the new initiative bc as a recruiter it will be your fault it fails (ask how many recruiters are still there after any special projects, answer again is 0) and if you are promoted for it, just be ready to be demoted if you’re not fired
    -great culture - lies! Much like the other reviews you’ve probably read, this environment is highly toxic. If you’re there for your 1 year of experience to move on, be prepared not to even make it (and it’s just not worth it)
    -training to set you up for success - lies! Training is inconsistent and all over the place . Get comfortable relying on co- workers for real advice and not the leaders response to everything which is “I did it before” (you’ll hear it a lot and from leaders who NEVER did it - ongoing jokes with senior recruiters who KNOW the truth)

Overall crappy culture. Anything that could and will go wrong will be put on the recruiters’ shoulders and when they need a fall guy, they will fire someone and then say they weren’t contributing (only for that person to receive 4 offers on their candidates over the next 2 weeks). Anyone who says different has been or is a favorite, and they are treated completely different. If this is something you choose to move forward with... best of luck to you and practice up on office politics bc you will play them everyday up until you are escorted out or walk out on your own (to which you will still be escorted out)

Advice to Management

Quit using fear as a motivation tactic (“we need you to justify why you work here”), all you make are un-loyal employees who are miserable, and STOP your unprofessional conversations. Get a real hr team and reimburse your team for making them sync their cell phones to work emails and after hours work (which will 110% happen)

Jun 1, 2018 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to write such an in depth review. HCS Healthcare prides itself on providing training and resources for all that come to work here. We acknowledge that there is always... More

"Extremely HIGH TURNOVER!!! BEWARE!!!"

Pros

The proposed potential commissions seem great.

Cons

Owner and management's practices are questionable. People of color don't exist in roles of influence. The staff is overworked, run down without regard, and fired for reasons that never seem valid. False expectations and payoffs set by interviewer that recruits you for the position. This is a recruiting SWEAT shop. They hire you to work like a dog and FIRE employees before commissions are paid. They are thrived mmm 1098t The EOC should investigate there practices.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

Jun 1, 2018 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for your feedback- we appreciate the recognition of our great compensation program. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, including the varied backgrounds of our Directors and... More

"High Turnover"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization provides you with a job. It is in a office setting, class B building. Some of the co-workers a very nice. They are located need good restaurants in a winter park.

Cons

Alert Alert Alert
    When you have a commission due to you, they fire you prior to paying you out. They have done it to people again and again. I would never recommend anyone working for that kind of owner.
     Alert Alert Alert

Advice to Management

Have integrity and treat your employees better. Development of their skills can be helpful to your bottom line. Don’t only talk to whoever the top producer is at the minute.

Jun 1, 2018 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the acknowledgement of our great office, wonderful people, and good location. The staffing and recruiting industry is built on metrics... More

"Recruiter"

Pros

People are friendly and always willing to be helpful. The management made many improvements while I was there. Managers are caring and provide assistance when needed. This is a great place to build your job skills if you are new to this industry.

Cons

The nature of the business makes this particular company an unstable place to work. If you are not a top performer you are given jobs that nobody wants to work on. Even when your numbers are high, they can fall very quickly. When 2/3s of the employees are not meeting metric expectations, there is something terribly wrong with either the process or the metrics or both.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge all of your hard workers and not just the top performers. Disperse the jobs more fairly to give others a chance to perform higher. Hold your sales team accountable for the way they treat the recruiters. At times they are very disrespectful. Work on finding solutions to the high turnover.

Jun 1, 2018 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your acknowledgement of our great people, as they are our greatest asset as well as taking note of our great office, and good location. We are proud of our... More

"National Recruiting Consultant"

Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant
    Current Employee - National Recruiting Consultant

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time

Pros

Just started working here a few weeks ago but so far it's going great! Management is amazing and truly care about our personal success. Really hard to find that at other companies where management only cares about the money coming in. I love how they keep checking up on me just to see how I'm doing. Maybe it's a Florida thing? New to the area and never saw that where I'm from. Really happy so far!

Cons

None yet. We'll see after a few more months....

Advice to Management

No advice at all! Best management I've ever had. Please keep providing employees with your support. Really helpful in an industry like this one.

Dec 20, 2017 – HCS Healthcare

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, the HCS team is one of a kind and we pride ourselves on our people. Welcome to the HCS family!

"Positive changes"

Pros

The company has made a lot of positive changes since I started. The President is highly respected at all levels, recruiters to directors. Company meetings are positive, quick and to the point. Current leadership treats everyone on even playing field, and the sales/recruiter relationship mirrors a team vs silo. We have some of the best clients and job orders I have seen since I started.

Cons

Lack of consistency in performance metrics. For ramping recruiters or recruiters moving into a "tenured" status there is a lack of understanding and possibly direction in expectations. On the flip side, established recruiters and sales are held to their activity expectation. With a green team this can cause in congruency in activity and placements, putting more pressure on those already hitting their metrics and a sales team with a bunch of unfilled jobs.

Advice to Management

This place went from an environment where the vibe of the office changed as quickly as the weather in our Florida summer to a place where people enjoy coming to work. Thank you. My only feedback would be that everyone needs to contribute to the growth objectives of the organization. Finding a way to add layers between sales and recruiting can help keep the activity expectation visible and consistent as we continue to add talent.