HFRI Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 7, 2019

3.9
Jerry Connelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing and always improving"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working here is like working with family. There is a warm atmosphere within all units and everyone, from the CEO to the team leads, make sure everyone feels welcome. There is a great training program and tons of support on the floor. Opportunities for advancement are there and are recognized by management as long as you work for it. I have seen this company grow within the last couple of years and I am excited to see what the future holds. I am fortunate to be part of such an awesome team.

Cons

Things can seem overwhelming at first. There is a lot of information to learn. Hang in there, we have all been there and know it can be done!
    Health benefits can be pricey.

Advice to Management

Keep working on communicating with the employees.
    Keep up the good work!

2. "Not worth the time and stress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None would not recommend to work

Cons

Bad management no understanding of medical billing follow up.

"Claims"

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a great company SR. Management are awesome specially CEO Jerry Connelly

Cons

Pay needs to be higher

4. "Great place to work for"

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HFRI is great with training staff for medical billing. They have a very extensive training program to go from A-Z. There are a lot of clients and HFRI is always adding new clients so there are more opportunities to move up in the company than other places. Everyone is usually very friendly and helpful. Benefits are decent and they try to absorb most of the rising cost of insurance for the employee at least. The new building is beautiful and will fit the growing company for a long time. Also they are in an optimal place right off he expressway so it is easy to get to from a lot of places.

Cons

It is frustrating to see all the time and effort put into some people and then they leave for various reasons. They need a better way of retaining people sometimes. Also when they fire/let go of employees, sometimes it was done over the phone on a weekend or sometimes a group of people are pulled into a room and all are let go. I think there needs to be a better way to improve that because it puts a damper on morale because everyone sees/hears about this in a wrong way. It would be nice, with the company growing, that the company absorbs more of the family insurance cost, to help out families, because insurance costs are outrageous these days.

Advice to Management

Be more involved/active with the employees. We don't want to see you only when bad things are happening or just at meetings. Also hand out more raises and/or bonuses because this will make morale go up as most people are money driven.

"Great Place to Learn"

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hands-on Training available to learn & grow in the medical insurance/billing field. Friendly environment with employees happy to assist with any questions/issues. Upper Management who is willing to teach/help with any new programs/projects.

Cons

Fast paced environment with Production Goals that may or may not be for everyone

"Awesome people awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Elgin, IL

I worked at HFRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My supervisor Rachele and coworkers were the best. The company recognizes and rewards hard work. They really work with you to help you become more productive.

Cons

It is fast paced and have to be able to multi-task. Too far from home

Advice to Management

Communication is getting better but still needs a little more work

"Great Work Place"

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the things that is great about HFRI is that the supervisors are willing to help you move up in the company if you ask. Everyone is willing and able to help with any questions that may arise. It's been a great experience for me as those above me helped me to become very passionate about that I do. Because of that, I want to keep growing with the company and keep moving up as I truly enjoy it.

Cons

As with any company, there is definitely favoritism within every unit, and no one tries to hide it. There is also communication issues starting from the upper management down to the reps. Can make it hard not being kept up to date with new issues that pop up or even with our successes.

Advice to Management

Get out on the floor more. Try to get to know the reps as individuals and see their hard work that they do everyday.

8. "Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Lead CAM Anlyt in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Lead CAM Anlyt in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am a full time employee and have been with the company for over 8 years. I enjoy coming to the office, it is like my extended family. Upper management recognizes hard work which has enabled myself to move up within the company. Upper management encourages growth and has created a positive atmosphere in the office.

Cons

Production quotas may seem intimidating at first, but with time the goals become easily obtainable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive growth and encouragement of employees.

"Hard workers are recognized"

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Upper Management recognizes hard working employees. Opportunities for advancement are offered when they are available and the company recognizes employment experience is just as important as receiving a higher education degree.

Cons

I have experienced very few cons while working for the company. My one concern would be that the HR department can sometimes be one sided.

Advice to Management

Your support and encouragement is appreciated. Just because it is not announced publicly does not mean it is not given. Some people just need to know that their boss appreciates their effort without making a huge deal about it.

"A Great Place With Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I have been working at HFRI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team works hard to help their employees succeed and truly care about them as individuals. There are also plenty of advancement opportunities to those who want them and are willing to work for them. Promotions are given out to those who work hard and deserve them, not based on who has the "in" with management.

Cons

There is always gossip going around the office that effects employee morale.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding the hard workers for their good work and it will pay off.