HID Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Stefan Widing

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is good, work life balance is good, Holidays off (in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance, benefits, atmosphere, energy, long-term business prospect (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management does not hold appropriate parties accountable (in 11 reviews)

• Work-life balance is not something important at this place (in 4 reviews)

"HID: A Company that Cares about its Employees"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at HID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, benefits, atmosphere, energy, long-term business prospect

Cons

Sometimes a little disorganized, but that is recognized by management as we move from a small entrepreneurial company to a large organization, while maintaining the flexibility and excitement of an entrepreneurial company.

Advice to Management

Continue in your efforts to make this company desirable for employees... you're doing a great job!

"I don't think HID Global gets a fair shake on Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at HID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I almost did not come to work at HID because of negative things I read on Glassdoor about the company, but the "Pro" is that, when I did come work here, most of what I read on Glassdoor was either isolated, fixed or sour grapes. I like working at this place. A lot of smart people and a lot of nice people who want to do the right thing. I heard at a recent internal HR meeting that over 170 people who work at HID have been promoted within HID in the last year. Good career opportunities within HID. I like it. Also, HID is a good place for problem-solvers. A lot of problems are being solved or are in the process of being solved. It's exciting. But if you are not a problem-solver, you may not like HID. Go play table tennis someplace else.

Cons

Silos exist in the company. There are even silos within silos. The pay could be better, but it's not terrible. No formal mentoring program; you gotta go find your own "mentors. if you're lucky.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to find and celebrate the real problem-solvers in the company and boot the problem-makers out of the company. (Of course, the problem-makers that you exit out of the company for causing problems will probably be the first people to go on Glassdoor and post an unfair review. Snap!)

3. "Good company with some poor leaders still in place."

Former Employee - Inside Sales
    Former Employee - Inside Sales

I worked at HID full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great products and they are a leader in their industry.

Cons

Sales leadership in PACS is technically competent but communicates poorly. Communication between divisions / groups is weak and the overall leadership is extremely political. Some groups have great leadership, others are very weak in their people management skills. Your experience will greatly depend on which boss you get.

"Good to great"

Current Employee - IT Management in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - IT Management in Austin, TX

I have been working at HID full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! This is the best overall group of people that I've ever worked with. So many kind, professional, hard-working people.

I'm in IT. We're busy, of course. There are a lot of demands placed on us. But I see that the business is meaningfully investing internally to ensure that things are done right.

I understand that there were challenges in the past, a lot of disruption as the corporate office relocated to Austin TX 3 years ago, and I think that is reflected in many of the negative reviews. But I think that the company is over the hump on improving.

Though I loved my last company, I am very glad that I came to work here!

Cons

As at any organization, there is technical debt. There are many competing projects and efforts, and the business does not always effectively prioritize ("let's do them ALL now!") But, they are also growing the teams to address gaps, so there's real commitment there.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the teams and the lightweight processes.

Prioritize so that teams can be more focused on higher quality and more rapid delivery of the most important things, then move on to the other things.

"HID is an innovative company"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at HID full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative, profitable, forward thinking, committed to customer experience

Cons

Poor management culture, grounded in old and ineffective processes, departments are siloed and uncooperative, too focused on bottom line.

Advice to Management

Company has been extremely profitable for its entire existence and enjoys a market and brand presence that is unrivaled in the industry. Too much time is spent trying to maximize profits to either compensate other failing business units in the group or to cash out senior executives. Focus on the business instead and maintain your unique position in the market.

"Not many good things to say"

I worked at HID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is competitive and I met a few people that were helping and team players. I have learned a lot from a co-worker, things that I should've been trained by direct manager.

Cons

You are just another number. Management is not very communicative and it is never enough what you do - this is just my experience. If issues arise (about direct manager or co-worker) and you bring it up to upper management's attention, nothing gets resolved and things just go on as it were.

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at HID full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good salary, flexible working conditions

Cons

Lack of investment in products makes sales difficult as company appears to be 12-18 months behind competitors. This is primarily due to the ownership structure of the company. Very short-term numbers driven

"Worked here for just over 2yrs"

I worked at HID full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great facilities to work at, very clean.

Cons

Mgmt does not train employees, does not provide time for employees to self train.

9. "Eurotrash, rednecks and “futurists”"

I worked at HID full-time

Pros

Full Use College Knowledge House In Doors

Cons

Horrible culture. Eurotrash have taken over this once great company. Moved a bunch of jobs overseas and cast aside some very knowledgeable people for cheap labor.
    Redneck, inappropriate HR in Denver was a laugh. How no one ever filed a claim against them is amazing.
    “Futurists” in Denver were the downfall of that site. Spending over $10000 on graffiti was a genius decision. Really attracted the millennials.
    Managers ill equipped to save that site. Too concerned with promoting people without qualifications.
    It’s amazing people still use this easily hacked technology.

Advice to Management

Terrible what’s happened to this once great company. Fire yourselves.

"Work here only if you are desperate!"

I have been working at HID full-time

Pros

Your check doesn't bounce. At least this week

Cons

Too many to cover in this limited space.

Advice to Management

Think long term.