Harvard Risk Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Training and support system available for all associates to understand positions and investigate new business opportunities (in 7 reviews)

• Its great for me as I am doing 5 to 10 in the pen and I can work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to report about company (in 2 reviews)

• 40 a month to go with this company including your Legalshield membership as will as the Harvard Advantage membership (in 3 reviews)

1. "Decided to take a chance and I am grateful!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management full-time

Pros

My sponsor (Vincent) has been extremely helpful and patient helping me get accustomed to the back office. It is free to join so I decided, hey why not? I am proud to be supported by him and our regional directors. Commission levels are fantastic! I realized the new agent training is to inform both manager and sales recruits so it seems a little promotional at times, but you are not required to purchase anything except an associate membership to sell plans. I personally waited until I had 3 sales to put in before becoming a legal shield associate through them so my commissions basically covered my member fee. I love the bonus incentives too! Over $7k to level up and do your job anyways but in a timely fashion.

Cons

-Not easy to get started because there is a lot to learn!
    -Commission deters uneducated employees that expect handouts. Our huge commissions afford us the ability to take care of our families and not need benefits though
    -Prospect resumes cost 25¢ a person so prospecting new talent can get expensive quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and offer free resume leads to new active managers to help them start up.

"Unsure About Working for Company"

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management part-time

Pros

Regional Manager I spoke with was very nice
    Income potential seems great

Cons

No actual address to report to in your area
    Not paid for training
    Support did not get back to me
    Hired a bit too quickly

"Just Started"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completed excellent online training and the opportunity looks promising

Cons

no benefits, you are on your own..

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I look forward to starting a new career

"Excellent Career Choice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management (Less than a year)

Pros

Harvard's business model benefits entrepreneurs like myself, who are still waiting for that "brilliant idea". Harvard operates as ROWE (results only work environment) where your success is predicated solely on your own work ethic and how well you utilize the company's resources. HRMC offers unparalleled online training for new agents & 1-on-1 field training as requested. You're in business for yourself, but never by yourself.

As far as compensation, commissions can range as high as 6x the monthly price of the plan sold. There is no salary, but they also don't have layoffs or workforce reductions. They don't cut your commissions when they get too big, make you attend worthless meetings, or send you and your family to places you don't want to live.

Cons

Some people come wrongly under the impression that HRMC is a pyramid scheme. (Pyramid schemes promise recruits payment for recruiting others into the scheme.) Harvard does not charge agents to join the company. Management will occasionally even pay the broker application fee required by LegalShield for promising new agents. HRMC is proud to maintain an A+ rating with the BBB.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Your support of and investment in the new agents is going to continue to pay dividends.

"No Thanks!"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

Learned a lot about the recruiting and sourcing job.
    Sounds like a good job for people who want to work part time from home.
    Seems like a good sense of community.

Cons

Managers said that you were likely to get a lot more initiative than what was given.
    I have worked for 3 months with many applicable candidates and many people.
    The statistics that mentors or management or videos are absolutely wrong.
    You will not get 1/3 of people you contact.
    A lot of people know of Harvard will tell you that they gave this company a chance and have not succeeded.
    I thought that they just did not put in the time and effort, well after countless hours, emails, and phone calls; still no success.
    It's AT LEAST $40 a month to go with this company including your Legalshield membership as will as the Harvard Advantage membership.

"Right Opportunity for the Right Person"

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management part-time

Pros

- Transparent organization that will provide answers to questions and explain business structure and processes with no hidden agendas
    - Flexible business model - ability to set hours and work location
    - Training and support system available for all associates to understand positions and investigate new business opportunities
    - Competent, authentic leadership - worked their way up through the organization and understand what it takes to be successful
    - Opportunity to share products that make a difference - how many people can say that they are providing an avenue for anyone to have equal access to the legal system AND providing a resource to address any issues that one might encounter with the ever-growing pain that is ID theft

Cons

- Not the right fit for everyone, have to be honest about aspirations and willingness to put in the work to build toward success

Advice to Management

- Continue to provide World Class guidance to your Agents, and to evolve training and interaction opportunities to enable everyone to reach their goals

"Don't Work Here"

I worked at Harvard Risk Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work from home
    Informative training

Cons

Lack of management
    Pyramid scheme

"Great Opportunity for Motivated Salesman"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management full-time

Pros

Great opportunity... get in on the ground floor. If you can sell enough of the identity theft product to your friends. You can sell it to people you know or anybody and move on to the next level. The real money maker is the “employee training program”. You will get to “sell” training to new hires. People will jump at the chance to get the training and pay you because they think this is a real job. Its great for me as I am doing 5 to 10 in the pen and I can work from home.

Cons

I have to keep changing my phone number, but phones are cheap these days. Other than that, this is a great racket.

Advice to Management

Can we increase the pricing?

"Solid Opportunity if you put in the work"

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great community, excellent training and support with the caveat that it depends who your sponsor is. Most are attentive and offer great support. Lots of step by step information to help you get started. Products are excellent and pricing is good. Can be proud to represent the products and know that you are helping people and businesses.

Cons

It takes time to build up a base of business. This is not a job as most are used to but starting your own business

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing to support the field. Keep things updated. MUST improve the email system to handle company growth

"Certified Risk Management Consultant"

Current Employee - Certified Risk Management Consultant in Teaneck, NJ
    Current Employee - Certified Risk Management Consultant in Teaneck, NJ

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management (Less than a year)

Pros

Alot of possibilities if you get the right mentor

Cons

Leadership/ everything is promoted by greed

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on monies but services which are good