Health Choice One Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Slutzker

Pros
  • Working at Health Choice One so far has been wonderful and inspiring (in 12 reviews)

• My experience with Health Choice One has been nothing but positive (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Scheduling during Open Enrollment can be difficult with all the changes (in 6 reviews)

• I don't really have anything bad to say (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am a 55 year old male who has worked at Health Choice One for 4 years now and count my blessings on a daily basis for finding this job. I was given excellent training from day one and attribute much of my success to that training. The on going training is outstanding and keeps me current and capable of providing my clients with the best coverage in the field. I have great benefits, health dental and vision along with a 401K that is matched by the company. I had been in healthcare for 30 years, including owning my own company and this is the most money i have ever made. I can't say enough great things about this wonderful company.

Cons

Days get long during open enrollment and we sometimes work weekends. But the paid OT is so hard to complain about either of those things.

Advice to Management

The management team is easy going, knowledgeable and very helpful. I really can't say anything more than keep up the great work gang.

2. "Impressive"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full Disclosure, Working for HCO has been the greatest experience of my life. I have bought a house and 2 brand new cars working here. It is not easy it is like anything in life you get what you put into it. If you come here to just make an hourly wage that is going to be what you get. If you come here to provide for a family and help people that is what you will get. I love working for a family owned company because they care about you, you are not just a number on a spreadsheet, you are apart of their family. The environment is great I have a personal relationship with almost everyone I work with. I have learned more about insurance than I could have ever imagined and when I have a question there is always someone there to answer it. The job is not hard, if you can follow directions and apply yourself you can do it! Don't be fooled tho this is not children's sports not everyone gets a trophy if you want the trophy you gotta go get it!

Cons

You can't expect to be the best if you don't work at it. If you are not open to learning you will not make it.

Advice to Management

The Managers are great, they do not vulture over you. They allow you to do your job and are their to support you ever step of the way!

3. "The best job I've ever had."

Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Specialist in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture and family atmosphere. Ever one here is one big family and this is the first job I have ever had that really means it when they say they treat everyone like family.

Cons

There really aren't any cons for me. I really enjoy everything about working here at Health Choice One.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management. They all work very hard to help everyone out and keep them on top of changes going on.

4. "I appreciate everything HCO has done for me."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is always a positive atmosphere here at HCO. And it is a job i actually like waking up and going to. I love it here!

Cons

Some negative people, but most of them have left. Other than that working some weekends when OEP is going on but that is all i can say as a con.

Advice to Management

I don't have advice for any of our Management. They all are always willing to help and make sure we understand everything.

5. "Great place to start a career!"

Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Health Insurance Agent in Akron, OH

Pros

Health Choice One is a great place to work. You have employers who really care about you. They want you to do well and really make incentive to push you harder. There are managers who really make it a fun place to be and you enjoy going to work everyday. I wouldn't be where I am today if I did start working here. I am happy and financially stable and I owe it all to Scott and Jen!

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say. Maybe just between November and January prepare to not do anything outside of work and become close with the HCO family because you are there a lot!

Advice to Management

Stop sweating the small stuff because you all work very hard to make the company run so smoothly. Don't wear yourself out over the little things.

6. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Health Choice One so far has been wonderful and inspiring. I do feel appreciated here and I really enjoy the atmosphere and people I work with. The earning potential is amazing. I am excited to see how far I can go with HCO. Earning more money has definitely helpled and coming home with a smile in a positive mood keeps the vibe great in our household. I love my job.

Cons

Sometimes if you aim to make so many sales and it doesn't work out that can be a bummer but everyone seems to bounce back and with coaching from management, it helps to bounce back faster.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Wonderful!"

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before coming to HCO I went from being a four person Household with both parents working to a single mom, no job lost my kids and our things to renting a house with bills piling up high for two months. Still no job no money coming in and no car. Since starting at HCO I was able to get a car, paid most of my debts off, took care of my kids in every way including fun trips. Now I have a little bit in the bank with only two bills left from the stack that was there. I'm not a success story yet because my story isn't finished until I reach my goal and I am able to give my kids wants, not just needs and I've excelled in my field as a top agent. When I'm able to buy a house, a horse and acres of land that is when I will be a success story. Right now I am a survivor paving my path to success. So heads up... I'll be there though I know it will take time.

Cons

I can say that for the time I have been here I have not had one bad thing to say about this Job.

Advice to Management

All the Managers are very helpful and care enough to help us with anything we need. Keep up the great work.

8. "HCO means the world to me"

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience with Health Choice One has been nothing but positive. They understand that we have lives outside of work and we are treated like family, not just numbers or "employees." With my Career here I will be able to pay off my student loans and buy a house much faster than I thought I could. I'm finally in control of my own future and I am to get what I put into my job. To top it all off, we have the opportunity to better ourselves and move up. I couldn't ask for more from an employer. Working for HCO has meant that I can spend time with my family. I'm no longer working three shifts in a week and this has allowed me to be a better girlfriend, a better sister, a better me. I no longer have "pre-work depression" because I enjoy helping others and I enjoy who I've become as a person. HCO means the world to me, I would never expect an employer to send a card because of a close friend passing away but they did. That meant the world to me and I truly feel like I found where I belong.

Cons

That i didn't find this Job and level of Happiness years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging and coaching. It's working wonderfully and you give us the tools to better ourselves. The guidance has helped tremendously.

9. "Very helpful to new reps!"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just about everything here is a Pro. The management staff is so helpful and always listen to any concerns or issues I am having. I LOVE the schedule have the nights and weekends off is a major plus to me. Daily meetings to go over questions and concerns, and the money you can make is the biggest pro.

Cons

There aren't any cons for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, making everyone feel like they are not just an employee, but part of a family.

10. "Wonderful"

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, family atmosphere, owners that truly care about your well-being and happiness (how many businesses can say that the owners of their company care and want you to be happy and will do anything they can to help you out), minimal paperwork for the reward, knowledgeable management staff, and a Wonderful bonus structure (even a FREE TRIP!!!). Working for HCO i have paid off a majority of my student loans (something i thought i was never going to be able to do) in just two short years!!

Cons

Errors happen (come on, we're all human) but errors are fixed within an appropriate time frame.

Advice to Management

Keep up the AMAZING work you guys do! You all are greatly appreciated and your knowledge is such a comfort. You all truly care about each and ever one of us and it really shows and makes hard times seem that much better.