Health First Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 217 reviews

3.3
Steven P. Johnson
Pros
Cons
  • "Low Pay , bad schedule, upper management not in tune(in 9 reviews)

• "Too many prn that do whatever they want bc management would rather use prn instead of full time(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It is a great company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The benefits are good and the work atmosphere at the health plan is fun.

Cons

I have found it difficult for career advancement while others have not.

Advice to Management

Work from the bottom up not the top down. Ask the frontline people what they need to do their job better.

Health First2019-01-31

February 8, 2019Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your current experience working at Health First. It's great to hear that you enjoy the benefits and your work atmosphere. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to grow.

2. "Good Experience so far"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Movement and opportunity for learning is abundant.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I really see as a con so far

Health First2019-05-03

May 3, 2019

Thanks so much for providing us feedback on your experience working at Health First thus far. We are thrilled to hear you enjoy the movement and professional development opportunities we have available. We hope you continue to grow your career with us.

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Organizational Development Practitioner in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Health First full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This organization is moving quickly to remain a significant player in an industry that is consolidating quickly. The people who work here are great and there are many opportunities to get involved in growth initiatives. Those looking to gain experience will benefit greatly from this type of environment.

Cons

Fast growth comes with growing pains. Change initiatives are handled pretty well and keep employees in mind.

Advice to Management

Hiring leadership positions (specifically director level and up) from the outside can be beneficial, but should be balanced with some individuals who were groomed into these roles internally. I found limited opportunity to advance which ultimately resulted in my departure.

Health First2019-05-14

May 17, 2019Social Media Specialist

We are happy to hear you had a positive experience working at Health First despite your departure. We'll take your feedback into consideration as we continue to grow as an organization. We wish you the best in your career.

4. "great but with flaws"

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great office environments, great relationships with coworkers.

Cons

I wish there was more room for growth for all employees. Even those who are qualified are sometimes not chosen over outside applicants; who often times are not as qualified, whether it be education or experience.

Advice to Management

Get to know your offices and the intricate role your staff play in making it all work. We feel appreciated knowing we are thought of and understood.

Health First2019-05-15

May 17, 2019Social Media Specialist

We are glad to hear you have had an overall positive experience working at Health First thus far. You bring up great points where we need to improve and your feedback will help us continue to grow and evolve as an organization. We hope you continue to grow your career with us.

"Too much favoritism"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Cape Canaveral, FL

I worked at Health First part-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Busy place, lots of hours if you want it but low pay for those hours

Cons

They change the terms of employment frequently, and do not apply their rules equally across the board. If they are short handed, they will overlook their own policies to get new hires or hours covered after making other current employees jump through hoops and pay for licenses or certifications that they don't make new hires get. Unfair, unequal treatment. In addition, no cost of living increase in ten years, and...

Health First2019-05-12

May 17, 2019Social Media Specialist

Thanks for providing feedback on your experience working at Health First. We are sorry to hear that you did not believe it was favorable overall. As we continue to grow and evolve, we will take your concerns into consideration. We wish you the best in your career.

6. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Health First full-time

Pros

Good boss. Good environment

Cons

No room to grow

Health First2019-03-26

March 29, 2019

Thanks so much for providing a review of your current experience working at Health First. We value your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to grow. We hope you continue to grow your career with us.

• "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Lab Support Technician in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Vacation time, paid sick time, ability to work full, part, or per diem. Benefits are amazing.

Cons

We make less than the secretaries even though we have to be certified and work a high-risk job with needles, blood, and other bodily fluids. Also very clicky with coworkers and due to high turn over rate people that should have been let go years ago get kept around just so we have bodies to fill positions.

Advice to Management

Thank your hard workers for what they do every day more and don't just listen to issues then sweep them under the rug.

Health First2019-03-22

March 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your current experience working at Health First. It's great to hear you enjoy our benefits like paid time off and our flexible scheduling options. As we continue to grow as an organization, we'll take your concerns and feedback into consideration. ...

• "A company getting their act together definitely a good place to work."

Current Employee - Revenue Operations

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Opportunity to grow and work in different positions. Most associates are dedicated and love what they do.

Cons

Educational opportunities for non clinical associates are lacking. Communication could be better, and delivery of some could be less our way or the highway, Sick leave is frowned upon, so you accrue the time but when you use it you feel guilty for using it for being sick.

Advice to Management

Keep associates in the loop and they will be as focused as anyone on making Health First the best health care organization!

Health First2019-02-23

March 1, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your current experience working at Health First. It's great to hear that you enjoy the opportunity to grow in your career. As we continue to grow as an organization, we will be sure to take your feedback into consideration. We hope you continue ...

• "Fast paced but fun."

Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great team work, supportive management, access to supplies needed for job duties, huge on continuing education, family oriented team.

Cons

Calling the patients the evening before to schedule appointments seemingly as soon as you are finished with today’s patients, using your own phone to call them. Mainly because they call/text even when you’re off and during ungodly hours. Sometimes drive time can be over 21 miles.

Advice to Management

Administration is awesome! Leads by example. No advice except for maybe allow new nurses interested in a position to do a ride a long or “working interview” to be sure that they are going to be a good fit. It will save the company time and money. Dental offices do working interviews all of the time. Weed them out from the beginning.

Health First2019-02-05

February 8, 2019Talent Acquisition

We are happy to hear you have been enjoying your time working at Health First. It's so great to hear you value your team, our management, access to supplies and continuing education. We'll take your feedback into consideration as we continue to grow. We hope you continue to grow your ...

• "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at Health First full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great coworkers, Quiet at times

Cons

Wishy Washy Management, Cater to their own needs

Advice to Management

Make rules and STICK to them. Don't jostle your staff around by consistently changing the way things are done to meet your needs at that given time.

Health First2018-12-30

January 4, 2019Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review your current experience working at Health First. We're glad to hear that you enjoy your team and coworkers. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to reevaluate our management process.

Found 217 reviews