KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Health First Reviews

Updated May 16, 2022

Found 459 of over 488 reviews

3.5
Health First President & CEO Steven P. Johnson (no image)
Steven P. Johnson

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

12h

an

Occupational Therapist

I’m a fairly new grad. Got licensed in January and started working in February. I moved across the state for this job taking my family with me. Now 4 months in it’s such a toxic environment. Unethical, unhealthy. I’m looking to apply to other places. Do I put this company on my resume to show I’ve been working since I graduated or is it worse to show I want to leave after only 4 months? Also, absolutely cannot have them contact my current job or use them as a reference. Put them or no?

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good on benefits(in 58 reviews)
  • "Good pay for just starting(in 27 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with who care about the community(in 17 reviews)
  • "Awesome team mates and great staff(in 13 reviews)
  • "Good salary(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Health First and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Mar 10, 2022 - Coordinator in Viera, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, PTO, many locations

Cons

Great place to work wish holidays were not part of PTO

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy working at Health First! We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to support team members. Thank you for your feedback and contributions to Health First.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great team, sometimes challenging environment.

May 16, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team members. Nurses and CNAs work very well together.

Cons

Lots of leadership turn over. Unstable staffing, especially in PCU.

Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. At Health First, our goal is to provide our patients with the best care possible. As we provide patients with high levels of care, our associates may experience a variety of workloads each day. To continue providing the best possible care for our patients, we are actively hiring so we can add new members to our team. As we continue to grow as an organization, we recognize the opportunity for improvement, so we appreciate honest feedback such as yours.

3. 4.0

Helping

May 9, 2022 - Behavioral Health Utilization Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

My scheduled works prefect with my school and kids. Manager is very understanding and is encouraged her employees when they are going back to school.

Cons

The pay Work load Staffing shortage

Social Media Specialist

We are happy to hear you enjoy working at Health First. We strive to help our team members achieve success in the workplace and provide a supportive and positive working environment that embraces continuous learning and development. At Health First, we put tremendous effort into providing support and training our team members. Day in and day out, our team members may experience variation in workload as we accommodate high levels of patient care. We are continuing our hiring efforts to provide some relief to our team members to continue to provide the best patient care. We appreciate your feedback and dedication to our patients.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ED

May 16, 2022 - Systems Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great facilities and resources across the enterprise

Cons

Lots of leadership turn over

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Health First, we are committed to creating a stable environment where our leaders provide team members with the support and resources needed to be successful in their roles. We encourage team members to speak with an HR representative if they have any specific issues or questions regarding management. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

A lot of turnover. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk!

May 12, 2022 - Marketing in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and compensation for leaders and nurses

Cons

Executive leadership is out of touch. Only one female in the C-Suite

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. At Health First, our goal is to provide our patients with the best care. Day in and day out, our associates may experience variations in workload as we accommodate high levels of patient care. To continue providing the best possible care for our patients, we are continuing our hiring efforts. At Health First, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment for all team members. As we continue to grow as an organization, we understand that there is always room for improvements, so we appreciate your feedback.

6. 4.0

good job

Apr 28, 2022 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

nearby, dedicated staff, clean environment, flexible hours, supportive team

Cons

salary, weekend work, sometimes understaffed

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Health First, we are proud to work with talented people. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues. We are always listening to and learning from team members' feedback. Many factors go into assessing pay and benefits for our team members, and we continue to review our rates to ensure that we remain competitive. Your feedback is appreciated as a valued member of our team.

7. 3.0

Mixed Messages

May 13, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with who care about the community

Cons

Lots of turnover, uncertainty about job security

Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. At Health First, we are committed to creating a work environment where our team members can thrive. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues. Our goal is to provide opportunities for all team members to grow their careers with us. If team members have questions regarding their future at Health First, we encourage them to speak with their direct manager or an HR representative. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to grow your career with us.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Mar 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is work but it does not feel like a burden. Great Team!

Cons

People typically leave a company because of a person. When most of your team leaves because of the manager, a deeper dive should be done to find out the real issues.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working at Health First. Our goal as a management team is to provide the necessary support our associated need to be successful. As we continue to grow as an organization, we understand there is always room for improvement. We’re working hard to ensure we gain insights into work issues and solutions at all levels within the company. Your feedback is appreciated.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Healthcare corporate moneymaker

Mar 25, 2022 - ARNP in Melbourne, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is job security, benefit option, and location is beautiful.

Cons

No evaluation No power No opportunity Fraudulent healthcare billing

1 person found this review helpful

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. At Health First, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to support our associates. We want all associates to have the opportunity to grow their careers with us and encourage them to reach out to their managers for additional opportunities. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to grow with us.

10. 4.0

None

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work better pay Good culture

Cons

Limited opportunity to progress further

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Health First, we are committed to our team members' success by providing them with learning and development opportunities so they can succeed in their careers. We are disappointed to hear that you did not find a growth path that best suited your skills within our company. We appreciate your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 459 Reviews

Health First Reviews FAQs

Health First has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 488 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Health First to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Health First employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Health First. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

59% of Health First employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Health First 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Health First to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Health First Job Seekers