HealthHelp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Cherrill Farnsworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are doing excellent in the company they allow you to work from home (in 5 reviews)

• Some opportunity for growth but ultimately limited by the size of the company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, high benefits, family oriented (in 4 reviews)

• Micro manage, supervisor gossips, no raises or bonuses , high insurance, work load heavy calls (in 4 reviews)

1. "Client Service Representative"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love what I do and I enjoy the people I work around.

Cons

Some policies are a little strict , but overall I enjoy what I do.

Advice to Management

Leandrew Peter always creates an enjoyable work environment. He is very knowledgeable, professional and equally comical.

Regina Brown is also professional, knowledgeable and approachable which allows ease to discuss concerns on a neutral level.

2. "AWESOME PLACDE TO WORK!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! This company cares about their employees beyond work.

Cons

Very little down time. You must stay at your desk and take calls none stope to receive a bonus.....BUT the bonus is WELL worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees. It does matter to some of us. Thank you so much.

3. "Amazing company"

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed by Healthhelp for 2 years now. As an employee I am very greatful to be apart of such a wonderful company. I was recently effected by Hurraine Harvey and the company was very helpful due to me and my family taking a lost. I felt very hopeless at the time until I had several calls from individual within the company to see if there was anything needed. Due to my house being effected and flooding they place me and my daughter in a very nice hotel. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.

Cons

No downside in the company wonderful company

4. "Job"

I worked at HealthHelp full-time

Pros

Good training and easy to get on

Cons

Very unprofessional and messy

5. "Fulfilling"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Greenbush, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Greenbush, NY

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My trainer (BK) is amazing. I just finished my first week of training. If you are doing excellent in the company they allow you to work from home. There are specific guidelines to follow if you work from home. For example, the area you work in at home has to be locked up like Fort Knox.

Cons

No complaints so far. I'm not really anticipating any. The training room could be bigger and the deductible for insurance is a little high.

Advice to Management

I am going to gush. BK is an amazing trainer. I was so nervous about accepting this position because although I have no medical background, I am quite customer service savvy. The first day we started going over the portal website I was so much more confident all because of BK and the training she provides. Friday August 18 we came out into the call center and we each listened in on live calls. I was following my notes and everything she stated that would happen, happened. I cannot thank her enough for her expertise. Thank you for reading!

"Former good employee scared to come back to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, all shifts between 7am and 7pm, no weekends. Nice well stocked breakroom, desk with lock. Job itself is easy.

Cons

Bad management, favoritism, bad attendance, no raises for good employees. Lots of personnel drama. Bad vibes.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with bad employees, stop hiring ghetto people. Listen to your clients who are being disrespected by your employees. Give raises to the good employees who come to work and do a good job. Fire all the people with drama and bad stats.

7. "Healthhelp Helped Launch My Career"

Former Employee - WFM in East Greenbush, NY
    Former Employee - WFM in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at HealthHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met and worked alongside some very knowledgeable and professional people while working in the East Greenbush office. Some opportunity for growth but ultimately limited by the size of the company. Generous agent bonus payouts that were very realistic to obtain. Great 401k match and fully vesting time frame.

Cons

Overall pay is slightly lower than market, I saw many talented people leave for higher paying contact centers.

Advice to Management

Implement a system of pay increases based on performance within set timeframes to cultivate and keep high performing agents. Possibly look at .50c per hour raise at 6 months of exemplary performance with the possibility of an additional .50c at 12 months. Many local call centers offer significantly higher pay for lower volume of work. Hiring and training staff is a huge financial investment, invest in your people personally and financially for continued success as a company.

HealthHelp Response

Aug 8, 2017 – Executive Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we’re doing well and where we can improve. Input from employees like yourself helps us maintain the positive... More

8. "Politics"

Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free meals, nice office

Cons

Advice to Management

train your supervisors again. If a lot of people are complaining about the same person its probably true. Healthcare company should have affordable healthcare plans

HealthHelp Response

Aug 8, 2017 – Executive Director of HR

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review of your HealthHelp experience. Bonuses are achievable and are paid quarterly to employees who meet or exceed the bonus criteria. We feel the... More

9. "Pay and Benefits"

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, fun environment, supporting

Cons

Low pay, high benefits, family oriented

Advice to Management

Great management

"Great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Healthhelp for 2+ years and couldn't be more than happy for the opportunity to continue as an employee with this company. They have increased my medical knowledge base as well as allowing me the opportunity for growth. This company promotes equality and self improvement. You have monthly 1 on 1 with supervisors to know where you stand as an employee, what areas need growth and what areas you excel in. If you are looking for a fast paced occupation in the medical / insurance field apply here.

Cons

Do a review of salaries and cost of living

Advice to Management

Keep Lee Andrew Peters he is great for the morale of your call center. He is compassionate and understanding. He always has a solution and encouraging word.