HealthHelp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Cherrill Farnsworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are doing excellent in the company they allow you to work from home (in 5 reviews)

• Some opportunity for growth but ultimately limited by the size of the company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, high benefits, family oriented (in 4 reviews)

• Micro manage, supervisor gossips, no raises or bonuses , high insurance, work load heavy calls (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in East Greenbush, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in East Greenbush, NY

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits!
    Great People!
    Good Environment!
    Great Co-Partnership with other offices and individuals!
    Good location!
    Positive Work Environment!
    Friendly People!

Cons

Limited opportunities at times, look at all sites when opportunities arise.

Advice to Management

Please look at all locations and what they have to offer when making decisions on opportunities within the organization. Keep up the GREAT work!

2. "Never a dull moment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth if you go over and above your pay grade to make management happy. Only people who have ever looked out for me were HR, Director, and VP.

Cons

Trust no one!!! You have to pretty much take matters in your own hands when it comes to what’s right and wrong. Several policies in place but none are ever followed, ex: openly dating in the workplace, cell phones usage while on a call, Attendance policy is a complete waste...etc. They allow other agents to do performance audits on you then the supervisor will try to write you up without having all the facts. Be expected to do the job of 4 people but only get paid of 1 person. Unfortunately you have to go over peoples’ head to get the results you deserve, therefore I would NEVER refer anyone to work there I don’t care how much they offered to pay for referrals.

Advice to Management

It’s time for fresh start in 2018!!! You only need 1 HR assistant, Workforce needs new management, NY office needs to go, don’t allow management to tell agents business to anyone but HR or director. If anyone comes in their office the discussion should come to an end immediately.

3. "Don’t recommend"

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, break room, lots of coffee!

Cons

Management is clueless. The staff is unprofessional. No cohesion and no one has the same answer when you ask a question. There are ghetto people who are always late and disrespectful but still there. No sick time. They give 40 hours of unpaid time that the minute you hit 32 hours gets you a verbal warning. They recommend you plan a head for being out, yeah I’ll just plan my sickness a week from Thursday. And they don’t except doctor notes. They pile more work on you and expect it to be done right then and there. If you want fast get the mouse from loony tunes. They do these little morale boosters that you still shell cash to participate in. Just not worth it. If they offer you a job, I highly recommend you run.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending you’re ostriches. Really take a look at your policies and revamp them. They just aren’t working. Especially if you want to keep people.

4. "In between Job"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Some upper management, activities

Cons

Over worked, under payed, favoritism, mess, and bugs

Advice to Management

Please do better at screening employees and telling them the job description. Work on retaining employees so that they don’t get stressed out. Hire more qualified people in management

"Client Service Representative"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love what I do and I enjoy the people I work around.

Cons

Some policies are a little strict , but overall I enjoy what I do.

Advice to Management

Leandrew Peter always creates an enjoyable work environment. He is very knowledgeable, professional and equally comical.

Regina Brown is also professional, knowledgeable and approachable which allows ease to discuss concerns on a neutral level.

6. "AWESOME PLACDE TO WORK!!!!!!!!"

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! This company cares about their employees beyond work.

Cons

Very little down time. You must stay at your desk and take calls none stope to receive a bonus.....BUT the bonus is WELL worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees. It does matter to some of us. Thank you so much.

7. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed by Healthhelp for 2 years now. As an employee I am very greatful to be apart of such a wonderful company. I was recently effected by Hurraine Harvey and the company was very helpful due to me and my family taking a lost. I felt very hopeless at the time until I had several calls from individual within the company to see if there was anything needed. Due to my house being effected and flooding they place me and my daughter in a very nice hotel. I would recommend anyone to work for this company.

Cons

No downside in the company wonderful company

8. "Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HealthHelp full-time

Pros

The manager has to be the most knowledgeable and humble person. He's always there to assist in any way and knows how to separate his personal feelings from professional. The knowledge that you absorb from health help will go along way, at another company. Health Help is a place where you start in the medical field in order to advance elsewhere. They teach you beginning information of healthcare that will open many doors for a more longevity career. Health Help givens binuses for performance. Although there's a 30 percent luxury tax attached it's a great benefit when your already underpaid.

Cons

The lack of professionalism between the Human resource department and agents at the Houston location will be the death of this company. I have heard of good culture and bad, but this company has so many negative ways that I believe it's safe to say the culture is indefinitely negative. There may be small and I mean extremely small events that the HR will host when trying to boost the "morale" but how can you boost something you mischievously try to destroy? Health Help has a extremely hostile work environment. From entitled supervisors who belittles the employees and then questions their lack of improvement, to a director whose concern is only for the calls and how things "appear". Back to back calls with no time to breathe on top of stressful metric requirements that very rarely are possible to meet without inflicting stress on yourself. This job turn over rate is the main reason why there is never enough bandwidth to cover the day to day operations. The training barely touches mediocre. Note that you will immediately be discouraged by the overwhelming amount of information given, which most times is incorrect or incomplete, and more the less not needed. Health Help's training needs to understand the concept that less is more. Approach with caution and know that this is not a work place for longevity. Moving up in the company depends on who you brown nose in addition to managements personal opinion of you. There is a lack of molding the employees and positive coaching. There is no structure in the day to day operation. There is only the expectation that you show up and take calls all while trying to balance everything else that goes out of compliance due to the lack of employees. So you have a director who has no clue how to run the operation, an awesome manager, Team leads who are more supervisors than the supervisors, and a lot of tense agents who are over worked and under paid. Speaking of pay, it is well beneath the market for the ever changing work that is expected.

Advice to Management

Take your degrees where they are appreciated not only with compliments but compensation. Team Leads, continue leading in the mental absence of the supervisors

"Job"

I worked at HealthHelp full-time

Pros

Good training and easy to get on

Cons

Very unprofessional and messy

"Fulfilling"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Greenbush, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Greenbush, NY

I have been working at HealthHelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My trainer (BK) is amazing. I just finished my first week of training. If you are doing excellent in the company they allow you to work from home. There are specific guidelines to follow if you work from home. For example, the area you work in at home has to be locked up like Fort Knox.

Cons

No complaints so far. I'm not really anticipating any. The training room could be bigger and the deductible for insurance is a little high.

Advice to Management

I am going to gush. BK is an amazing trainer. I was so nervous about accepting this position because although I have no medical background, I am quite customer service savvy. The first day we started going over the portal website I was so much more confident all because of BK and the training she provides. Friday August 18 we came out into the call center and we each listened in on live calls. I was following my notes and everything she stated that would happen, happened. I cannot thank her enough for her expertise. Thank you for reading!