HealthcareSource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
HealthcareSource President and Chief Executive Officer J.P. Fingado
J.P. Fingado

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many pros, it's hard to know where to begin. The work is challenging and rewarding. I'm always learning something new. We have a talented group of engineers that work together well, even across product lines.

I have formed incredible friendships in my time at Healthcare Source. It's a place where team really means team. This is very rare and I definitely appreciate it. I can't imagine a better and more collaborate place to work in a team, and I've been in the industry some years, so I know how scarce that can be.

Management leads by example; they trust us to deliver and we do. They help to unblock us when needed and help us to grow into new and more challenging roles.

J.P. Fingado is an inspiring leader. He is transparent, approachable, and engaging. Whether he is talking to a small group of us or the entire organization, I always feel like he listens and understands the business thoroughly.

The culture is something else! I have never been part of a company where people stay after work almost nightly to hang out, play games, cards, and generally have a good time with each other. Everyone is invested in each other, both personally and professionally.

Cons

Obviously, I made it sound pretty rosy, and it is. But we can always improve, right? I think communication between the departments is something that can always be improved. Individually, we each tend to have a myopic view of the business and our roles/responsibilities within it. We do get together and see the bigger picture from time-to-time, but it's easy to get lost in the minutiae of day-to-day operations. I would like to see more interdepartmental collaboration and coordination.

Advice to Management

Facilitate more interdepartmental activities to get more individual contributors exposure to different areas within the organization.

2. "Start/keep looking for other work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Clifton Park, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Clifton Park, NY

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people in the office are generally kind. They are nice, though stressed due to constant reorganization.

Cons

There is constant re-organizing. Interviews go on constantly and because the company is not experiencing growth you are made to wonder who will be cut or if there is really a job for the interviewee at all.

"2.5 to maybe 3 Star. Abililty to work dog hard and make money, culture was nepotistic at times"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at HealthcareSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great niche and great product mix to serve customer needs. Marketing did a great job packaging and presenting to the outside world. Commissions could be great.

Cons

Too nepotistic too often. Recognition was not equal or commensurate to performance. Too often you are a cog in the wheel rather than appreciated as an individual. The culture was one where leadership was able to play favorites and provided unequal help to select people allowing them to grow in responsibility. Recent changes moved sales leadership with fraternity antics / bully personality out and could impact the culture?

Advice to Management

Do you really understand performances and real contributions? Culture should be a priority and recognition for a great job should not be a popularity contest.

"Excellent company, passionate employees and great products!"

Current Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in Reading, MA
    Current Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in Reading, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HealthcareSource is a great place to work, especially for Software Engineers. We have a highly-skilled internal development community and it's very much a learning environment. People are passionate about their work and it shows in the results. I'm inspired on a regular basis by the work that I see developed.

Cons

As with any highly-successful and growing organization, there are always growing pains. Doing a better job managing this growth would be an opportunity for HealthcareSource.

Advice to Management

Continue to celebrate the successes of our high performers!

"Great benefits and culture!"

Current Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Our insurance covers most thing, the co-pays are low, and the monthly cost to the employee is moderate. We also have an excellent vision care options, which according to my eye doctor is much more comprehensive than most companies. The vacation package is generous and your accrue more hours over your tenure. We have an excellent work hard but have fun culture. The people I work with are what keep me at HealthcareSource. Everyone is great to work with!

Cons

We are a growing company. It's not a con, but there are challenges to scaling our various departments, goals, and functions while we grow.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent about our specific company goals and how each department can contribute to achieving them.

"Vice President of Sales Interview"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Very thorough process with professional executives. I could tell right away that there is a great culture at HealthcareSource.

Cons

There wasn't any negative experience at all.

Advice to Management

None

"Sales"

Current Employee - Content Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Content Account Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very efficient interview process, thorough onboarding and orientation and amazing management support that has allowed me to begin producing and get up to speed in a very short period of time!

Cons

I am thrilled with my new position and HealthcareSource and have no negative comments/cons

"Account Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Account Support Specialist in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Account Support Specialist in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource (Less than a year)

Pros

Very personable and understanding. Treats employees very well.

Cons

Only a couple offices, would be nice to branch out to other locations.

Advice to Management

Meetings could use webcams more often to increase group effectiveness

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ample Opportunities for Upward Growth, Learning & Development Opportunities, Excellent Benefits , Flexible Work Hours, Relaxed Work Environment, Clear Company Strategy

Cons

None that are adverse enough to mention.

"Be Careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at HealthcareSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Nice H R Department. The staff in TN, and NY are fabulous, They have 1 good product Net Learning

Cons

MA staff are back stabbing, and DO NOT TELL THE TRUTH. They are not honest and will be very deceitful if you are not a native.

Advice to Management

Be careful of where you place your loyalties