HealthcareSource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
HealthcareSource President and Chief Executive Officer J.P. Fingado
J.P. Fingado

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great niche and great product mix to serve customer needs (in 5 reviews)

• I could tell right away that there is a great culture at HealthcareSource (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains of a growing organization (in 5 reviews)

• Company is growing quickly so there are some growing pains (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Going Places"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at HealthcareSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HealthcareSource was my first job out of school. My team was absolutely awesome and loved working there. My boss really looked to develop me, and enhanced my skills a ton. I was able to carry more and more as time went on. I felt very trusted by her. My teammates were great as well! I think JP is super approachable, and really enjoyed getting to know him as well.

Cons

Growing pains of a growing organization.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, and listen to employees. I have a lot of faith that Senior Management is doing their best to direct the company in a good way!

"Lot's of Opportunity!"

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to use your skills for the advancement of team projects and company objectives.

Cons

Multiple offices makes it hard to get to know all of your peers.

3. "I love my coworkers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down the best people I have ever worked with! Need help? Someone has your back. Have a question? Someone will answer it. Need to laugh? Someone has a joke. Having a bad day? Someone is there to cheer you up. People work together as a team and support each other to get the job done. Super talented engineering staff. Authentic and supportive managers. Great health benefits. Flexible work schedule, most people can work from home once a week and flex their hours.

Cons

Company is growing quickly and there is a lot of change. Things move VERY fast. 401K match and parental leave could be more generous.

"Primarily concerned with prepping the company for a future sale"

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with HealthcareSource for 5+ years and while much of the company has changed, I've really enjoyed working with most of the staff. The company did a lot of work on the culture several years ago and a bunch of those perks have stuck around. Employees get decent vacation time (including a "Live It Day" to take around their birthay), and they try to plan fun events (summer BBQ, holiday event, etc.) The kitchen is also supplied with free drinks and snacks - a minor perk but certainly handy and appreciated. Additionally, it seems many managers are flexible with hours and allow employees to work from home when necessary.

Cons

As HealthcareSource has grown, there have been many (ongoing) growing pains with the employees themselves bearing the brunt of the changes. Recently, therehave been many many changes in senior management which has trickled down and negatively affect retention rates across the company. It seems like several times a month someone is no longer there - either due to quiet layoffs or eliminations or bc they've left on their own. And of those that remain, many are unhappy because of how these layoffs were handled (and often brushed under the rug) and how they're left to pick up at least some of the slack with little appreciation.
    Communication is poor and when information *is* communicated, it's always been slightly manipulated to make things sound better than the are or to manipulate the company (and not just in an upbeat optimistic way rather as in "these are your concerns but it doesnt really matter because [excuse]."
    Additionally, there are few opportunities for growth. Promotions are few and far between and rarely provide any real movement.
    Ultimately, it seems as though the CEO and other execs are almost exclusively concerned with raising the company's profile for a future sale and have pushed employee satisfaction and appreciation far off their radars.

"Difficult Working Environment"

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Great coworkers that are smart and hardworking. Decent benefits, telecommuting. Good number of solid customers. Great product suite.

Cons

This list is too long so I will keep it short to the top 3 (but the list is extensive)
    -Poor senior leadership starting at the very top. CEO has a lot of self importance does nothing to help the company move the needle other than pressure everyone. Management by intimidation. Poor communication they don't care about your feedback so save it. Company update meetings are just a formality. Lastly, they DON'T care about employees. Will let you go like a knee jerk reaction.

Advice to Management

Change leadership. Keep improving products. Focus on fixing culture, turnover is both voluntary and involuntary is getting out of hand. So many unhappy employees too scared to speak up. No longer a positive environment.

"Working with hcs"

I worked at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Good place to work nice employees

Cons

Lay off people so that is bad

"okay"

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

They can lay you off anytime

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

interview process was very quick, great onboarding experience, so many employee perks and discounts, the benefits are awesome, the Woburn HQ office looks amazing and is a very fun place to work at, employees are very helpful and awesome, employee engagement is great at this place! I felt like a team player since my first day here because HealthcareSource really cares about their employees.

Cons

Haven't experienced any yet, things have been great so far!

Advice to Management

The company has a great CEO for such a fast, growing company. Members of the executive team are always available and open to talk.

"They do onboarding for acquired companies right!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Addison, TX

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Responsive staff, good culture and benefits

Cons

None so far. Really, none.

10. "Great experience, so far!"

I have been working at HealthcareSource full-time

Pros

Great benefits, very friendly environment

Cons

Vacation benefits are not as generous as my prior employer.