Healthify Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2019

4.6
Manik Bhat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Flexible and Mission-Driven"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love what the company is doing and unlike many other "social ventures" there is an actual impact on people in need. We're still building technology so it's a little further away but it feels more tangible than many other businesses that claim to be mission-driven. You can really tell that everyone at the company is here because of the mission.

The day-to-day is also very flexible. Everyone trusts each other to do their work and the policies for PTO and working from home are very relaxed. It makes it easy to have a good work-life balance.

Cons

It's a growing startup so there are a lot of common but not unexpected problems that are always there. Frequent changes in the product, policies, or personnel can cause some confusion. It sometimes seems like management is focused on solving today's problems and doesn't spend enough time on scaling the business or setting a vision.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the mission-driven focus. Also, consider hiring more senior talent to help broaden your sense of how to scale the business.

"Supportive Community with Empathetic Leadership"

I worked at Healthify full-time

Pros

I worked at Healthify during one of the most difficult times in my life. I had a few personal experiences outside of work I had to deal with, and the team at Healthify was incredibly supportive. Not only my coworkers, but my manager, and the leadership as well. They let me have as much time as I needed to deal with some family issues. They even made a contribution to a charitable donation in my family's name.

The people at Healthify are second to none

Cons

The office can be quiet. If you like to work in a loud environment, this isn't the place for you

"Empathy & Vulnerability"

I have been working at Healthify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Leadership is extremely good at recognizing faults and making changes
    -Benefits and work life balance is great
    -The work is important - it feels good to work somewhere where the work matters
    -Company is leading the market in a really interesting space

Cons

-The company is super young and navigating a very new market - there are lots of unanswered questions and that's stressful sometimes

4. "Inexperienced leadership, negative culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthify full-time

Pros

Great benefits, very good work life balance, fantastic teammates (outside leadership), decent snacks.

Cons

- Inexperienced leadership
    - Poor instincts in leadership, HR
    - Forces competent individuals out contrary to basic logic
    - Inexperienced product leadership
    - Negative culture
    - Leadership does not trust each other or staff
    - Leadership is inauthentic and uses company values to manipulate staff

Advice to Management

- Get more experienced leaders and step down
    - Trust your staff, stop hiding behind vague values
    - Take responsibility for your failures
    - Stop rationalizing high turnover and bad culture

Healthify Response

Jan 15, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Hi there anonymous,

First, let me apologize for the belated response as the holidays got in the way of getting back to you as promptly as I would have liked to.

I want to thank you for taking... More

"Great place for a self-starter!"

I have been working at Healthify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is absolutely emphasized here in many ways such as wellness budget, company events, and unlimited PTO.
    It is easy to work from home so if you have a long commute or a doctor's appt. you need to make it to at a weird hour, it is super easy.
    The work is challenging and non-stop, there is always something new happening and it is an incredibly cross-functional environment.

Cons

Getting on-boarded can be a bit of an overwhelming process because there is so much to absorb and not too much structure but once you're in you'll get the hang of it in no time.

"Doing well and doing good"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Healthify is a mission-driven company focused on solving a big problem in healthcare. Most of the employees are socially-minded, hard-working, dedicated problem solvers.

The company offers great benefits like free employee health insurance and low-cost insurance for dependents. Transportation benefits are also covered, which is nice when you live in NYC.

The team is growing quickly so there are always lots of new teammates who take over responsibilities and positions like product management or marketing that went unfilled.

It's an optimistic, hard-working and up-beat place filled with talent and drive to make the healthcare system better.

Cons

There is definitely a lot of work that goes into the work-life balance equation.

It isn't overwhelming or stress-inducing but there is always a lot of projects to be completed.

The company is still growing so you'll find yourself doing work outside of your traditional job description just to get stuff done.

Trainings can definitely be standardized across the company. A new people ops/HR person has been working on it but on-boarding is only one part of training.

Advice to Management

The management team is young but they have started to hire more senior people, which is a good sign that they are willing to find talent for the company.

There is a worry that hiring senior people might cap career opportunities but it could offer more mentorship and learning.

My advice is make sure positions and promotions are clearly defined so everyone know where they can take their career at Healthify.

"Great things are happening"

I have been working at Healthify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, with a real opportunity to make a massive impact on the healthcare technology category. The company is very progressive in the way they are building the product, and where they want it to go. While it's not perfect, what they are building is going to be an absolute game changer. It's important they remain focused on the product and make it bulletproof (which I think they are doing). The team here is quite diverse, and the leadership team is great. All the co-founders are very friendly and have no egos. In fact, there isn't much room for big egos here. They take an approach of "open, constructive debate" in search of the best answer for things.

Cons

When you join a small, growing start-up, there are inherent challenges (opportunities). Since it's a small company, you will find yourself doing above and beyond your "job description" to get things done. They don't have amazing "perks" you may find in other startups in NYC. Also, do to its size, you'll need to have a very proactive attitude when it comes to getting things done. An overall younger leadership team leads to less specific direction on how to do things done, and more emphasis on problem solving (again, more of an opportunity depending on how you look at it).

Advice to Management

Continue to focus heavily on the product. Make the companies core values a more visual/talked about thing, and use them to navigate your decisions as you grow the company.

8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Excellent people, excellent culture, and excellent mission.

Cons

Young and start-up-y. Still figuring out job roles and company structure.

"Community Outreach Manager"

Current Employee - Community Outreach Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Community Outreach Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthify offers a ton of license for creativity, innovation, and advancement. I know that my work has a significant long lasting affect on numerous patients across the country. I love being a part of building something new to change how healthcare is done in the US. The team is very kind, respectful, and fun to work with. We have fun company events, great benefits, and flexible work hours. Mostly I just love being a part of something exciting and evolving.

Cons

The challenges of a startup apply to Healthify. We have lots of big challenges to solve which can create some stress but its not really a con. It's an excellent opportunity to grow and achieve exciting successes as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, Healthify is doing great for its clients and staff. We have an excellent future ahead of us if we continue to stick to our company's tenants of minimum hierarchy and shared responsibility.

"FullStack Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

- I'm making real impact on a mission I really believe in: helping low-income/vulnerable people in-need
    - Company has enormous growth potential; they're one of the first entrants to a relatively untapped market
    - Really, really great company values and culture. The people at Healthify are genuinely committed to their social mission and genuinely good people (e.g. very thoughtful/reasonable/considerate of each other)
    - Very flexible. Can take vacation/work remotely whenever necessary.

Cons

- Lack of mentorship/lack of very experienced people in the company (everyone is young - mid 20's)
    - It's an early stage startup and naturally comes with always having mountains of work to do and there occasionally being a need for more structure

Advice to Management

- Balance the team with hires to bring more experience