Holiday Extras Reviews

0.0
Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, can work from home, time banking all help with childcare needs plus a great working environment and really lovely people(in 25 reviews)

• "Holiday Extras make considerable effort to try and create a work environment that helps their employees thrive(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "Call centre very separate to the rest of the company(in 9 reviews)

• "However holiday extras rely on thier middle management too much to rely important information when this doesn’t in reality happen(in 4 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company to work for"

Current Employee - PPC Executive in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great working together attitude, feels like a family with great initiatives. Well organised from the top down, and senior leadership team really care about every employee

Cons

Not really any downsides, maybe pay slightly less than average

Holiday Extras2020-01-08

"There needs to be more companies like this"

Current Employee - Guest Experience Specialist in Smeeth, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the events, the company values, benefits are great and they stay ahead of the curve in employee wellbeing

Cons

lack of forks in the kitchen at lunchtime is my only complaint most days

Holiday Extras2019-12-12
  3. "Holiday Extras Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Email Marketing in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is fantastic, there is very rarely a bad day at work.

Cons

Pay is sometimes an issue in comparison to other companies for the same roles.

Holiday Extras2019-11-15
  4. "Top Company Who Make a Real Effort"

Current Employee - SEO Lead in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Holiday Extras make considerable effort to try and create a work environment that helps their employees thrive. They dedicate considerable resource into the welfare of their staff, trying to keep them as happy and engaged as possible with multiple initiatives focused around communication, development, reward and progression. A profit share scheme, Birthday's as holiday, company parties, flexible working hours, personal Macbooks, the ability to work from home, BBQ's and various fun little event's throughout the year, company benefits, long-service paid sabbaticals - these things all make for quite a generous package. There is an onus on encouraging employees to 'buy in' to the company and wanting to contribute as best as possible - wanting to drive success. There is plenty of give from Holiday Extras and they hope their employees want to give back. It's an approach that puts a responsibility on you. If you're the sort of person who embraces this, there is a freedom in many roles at Holiday Extras which really encourages initiative, creativity and productivity. The genuine pride in this company held by many of the senior staff is evident here. This is the quality control that runs through it and it is likewise adopted by a great many of it's employees .

Cons

I honestly think it would be unreasonable to post any cons here. In a company this size, it's impossible to make everything run absolutely perfectly and to keep everybody happy, but the steer from the top - the policies, the ethos and the effort in executing as much of this as possible, is spot on.

Holiday Extras2019-11-15
  5. "A company that cares"

5.0
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Xompetative rates of pay, bonus you can work towards, supportive team, work benefits and discount schemes with outside partnerships. They put on alot of events for staff. Company really do care about their people and their wellbeing. Flexible work available for remote workers.

Cons

The work can be repetitive, with no breaks inbetween. Constant weekend and evening work for all part time workers is difficult to work around your family. Everything is done via technology, sometimes you feel like you will never physically have a face-to-face conversation again.

6. "Good"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Folkestone, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work, good atmosphere and team

Cons

Sometimes they put too much pressure on people to obtain bookings without taking in how the calls you get are luck of the draw and not guaranteed

Holiday Extras2019-09-17

October 2, 2019Group People Director

Many thanks for your feedback. We’re pleased to read your comments about our environment and team. Regarding your comment about taking calls however, we don’t want anyone to experience undue pressure so we’d really like the opportunity to discuss your comments about this so we can understand more. While we adapt our targets inline with the type of calls that come in, we are always open to ideas on how we can improve this. So if you haven’t already, please speak with your manager or the People Team to discuss how you are feeling and ways in which we can support you.

"Dreadful for progression and pay"

1.0
    Former Employee - Staff in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly good work life balance depending on whether or not the manager likes you

Cons

Dreadful pay, zero chance of progression and bullying is rife. When I raised my concerns about being bullied to a senior manager, I was told to "Play her at her own game". I was in tears.

Holiday Extras2019-09-24

October 8, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for feedback. We’re really sorry that you feel this way and would like the opportunity to speak to you in more detail. We do not tolerate bullying in any shape or form so would like to understand more about some of the points raised in your review. Please do get in contact so we can discuss further, sending an email to me in the first instance at: kwakeman@holidayextras.com.

8. "Great company perks and ethos"

4.0
    Current Employee - Partnerships Marketing Executive in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic benefits, good ethos. Good rewards such as parties, bbqs etc

Cons

Too nice, often have people working for them that aren’t good at their job and don’t do anything about it. Salaries are not competitive.

Holiday Extras2019-09-02

October 2, 2019Group People Director

Thanks for your review. It’s great to read your feedback about our benefits and culture. Making sure we care and look after our team is integral to everything we do - this includes supporting people’s development to make sure they are able to thrive and perform. Where this is not happening, we support the person closely to help them reach the place they need to be so they can feel they are making a valued contribution to our business. It’s important to the individual and their team that we do this. In response to your comment about pay, we regularly review salaries to ensure they are competitive. If you feel that this isn’t the case for your role, please speak to your manager to discuss your concerns - they are there to listen and help their teams understand our pay processes.

"The best CEO ever!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader/Travel Consultant in Ash, South East England, England

I worked at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Values driven work culture,, fantastic benefits, profit share each quarter, monthly coaching and 121’s, free parking, teas, coffees, weekly business updates via “Shout out,” beautiful outdoor space to work and play, working from home. CEO MATT PACK is an amazing human being. Compassionate, kind and genuine. He has an open door policy and he listens. He is the “do right man!” A true leader whom I will never forget and had the privilege to work for.

Cons

I can honestly say there are no Cons for me. They always strive to be better.

Holiday Extras2019-08-11

September 26, 2019Group People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear about your experience while working at HX. We’re really proud of our culture and work environment so pleased to hear from you about what we’re doing well. We were also touched to hear your feedback about our CEO, Matthew. He is truly passionate about the wellbeing of our team and the future of our business, recognising the importance of listening to everyone to make it an even more fantastic place to work. We were sad to hear your feedback about showing more care. Through our focus on mental health and wellbeing, we have established various routes for people to be able to talk about their personal circumstances and receive any support should they need it. However, we are continually learning so will take this onboard. It would be helpful to have more information to understand how we can do better so if you’d like to get in touch, please email us at: recruitment@holidayextras.com. It would be good to understand more context around your comments. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. If we don’t hear from you, we wish you all the best for the future.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Video Editor in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits Friendly staff Lovely building and location Flexible working Bonus scheme

Cons

Uneven progression structure in some teams

Holiday Extras2019-03-26