IAC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joey Levin

Pros
  • Great people, Great perks, Good work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Fun work environment, busy office, smart and creative colleagues (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • in addition, there continues to be a huge lack of communication between different teams (in 6 reviews)

• Not a lot of room for growth; senior management is out of touch with the office; promotions are based on favoritism; compensation is not competitive (in 8 reviews)

"To the trolls..."

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great perks.
    Smart people.
    Lots of investment in people.
    You'll learn a lot about direct marketing.
    You'll sharpen your analytical skills.

Cons

Dining options in Yonkers are limited.

Advice to Management

This is more a response to the trolls who claim to be current employees but are so extremely critical of the company. I'm a current employee, and I'm NOT being asked by management or HR or anyone to write this. You'll just have to take my word for that. This is not a propaganda post, this is my opinion and my opinion only. I'm just sick of people complaining about a company which I think is far, far better than many of these reviews give it credit for.

Is life here perfect? No. There are flaws for sure. But on balance it's a great place to work, and it's a company which genuinely cares about its people, and which - if you have the right attitude - will teach you skills which are really hard to find elsewhere.

So to the author of the "Run, run away" review below (and others like it), I have a question... if you genuinely hate it so much, and it if really is THAT bad (which it isn't, it's good), why don't you get some self-respect and just quit? Stop undermining the work of your colleagues, many of whom have been here a long time and really care about what they do. People up and down the company are constantly trying to improve things from many angles, and it's sad that you are unable to recognize that.

Product quality is slowly but surely going in the right direction. Management seem to be trying to be a lot more transparent. I agree it's not always perfect, but it's way better than other places I've worked at. Ditto recognition... there's an effort to give people the recognition they deserve.

Seriously, many other jobs are available, so if there are genuinely no positives about this company, I'm just surprised you are still here.

Either that, or you are pimping out the best years of your life for some free snacks and summer Fridays... and if that is the case, then you may want to have a long hard think about what your long-term priorities really are. I wish you luck.

"IAC Applications: Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IAC Apps is constantly reinventing itself to stay ahead of changing times. This definitely creates a stressful workplace at times, but it also keeps skills sharp and our job market value high. Products are good, people are smart/nice, benefits are great. And free candy bars and cookies on every floor. Never boring, days typically fly by...

Cons

Similar to other internet companies, IAC Apps has no resistance to shutting down weak divisions and eliminating under-utilized teams so you need to stay alert at all times.

Advice to Management

Keep the staff better updated on big picture strategy shifts and company performance. Increase bonus pool payouts for non-executive staff.

"Traditional digital media culture and mindset"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at IAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, nice people and relatively stable

Cons

Very P&L driven, its fine but know the focus is running existing businesses well and not a place to drive new business concepts. In many ways it operates like private equity firm

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Dispatch Driver in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dispatch Driver in New York, NY

I worked at IAC (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good group of people in there
    Well run but very busy clean work place
    People want to help you out there

Cons

Very busy full on pushed to the max truck's out of date and all ways breaking down management don't have a clue

5. "They have a lot to overcome"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at IAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable employment if you're not a painter.

Cons

Terrible Culture. Outdated, immature management style. Everyone is disposable. No matching 401K. Parent holding company squeezes every dime out with no long term investments in personnel or equipment.

Advice to Management

Realize that your most valuable resource is your employees.

"Run far far away...."

Current Employee - Still Here in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Still Here in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex hours are great if you have kids or a family, nice office space, free parking, summer fridays.

Cons

Management on all levels are completely bias; From CEO(s) - why two? - down to all of their inner circle of executives, each of them will only promote the ones who think will follow their command without questioning authority so some day they can become one of them; The business is the business, it's ok, we still make good money here, but the people here are clearly unmotivated as most are looking and many are quitting.

Advice to Management

To the "boys club"; let's face it that they are all boys, not men, but boys club; its time to change it up a bit or you will keep losing people; but definitely keep summer fridays as this is why we are all here through the summer. Peace!

7. "good job"

Former Employee - Painter I in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Painter I in Amarillo, TX

I worked at IAC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, and opportunities for promotion and pay raise

Cons

hard work, long shifts, hot

Advice to Management

none

"Glory Days are OVER"

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sad to say that this is the list of pros I can think of....

Free breakfast and snacks and soda.
    Some decent people here.

Cons

Similar to what others said, management is in a bubble and have no idea that everyone is miserable or perhaps they are all ostriches and stick their head in the sand. Very possible.

Most employees are there for a pay check and the ones that are promoted basically kiss a lot of butt or are somehow black mailing their way to the top - you never know.

Even though they say they are "revolutionary" and coming up with new ideas and product lines, let's be real here - it's the same stuff in a new box with some perfume on it - it still stinks!

Advice to Management

Similar to others are saying; take your head out of the sand and realize that our office people are considering this a job and nothing more. No one will say it to your faces because they don't trust you or even worse are scared you will fire them. Ask around, I dare you, everyone will say they are happy.....peculiar dontcha think?

"Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at IAC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very relaxed hours, good for a paycheck.

Cons

Things seem to be going downhill, there are many quiet layoffs, management is not communicating and everyone I work with seems to have 1 foot out the door and looking for the next opportunity. They also just forced everyone to come in on friday's when it was optional - it's not the reason the business is going downhill people!

Advice to Management

Take a clear look in the mirror - your employees are not happy and HR is not liked or trusted by many so they will not speak up.

10. "project engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Oakland, CA

I worked at IAC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

smart and nice people to work with

Cons

management does not care about the product that much