Implus Reviews | Glassdoor

Seth Richards

"poor"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

nice building inside and outside

Cons

Unresponsive management team with low salary

Advice to Management

Listen to your people.

"Nice Co-Workers, low pay, no work life balance"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Durham, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Low Pay, Long Hours, No Work Life Balance

"Only if you need a Job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the people who work here are nice. Benefits are actually good.

Cons

No training what so ever so be prepared to have to learn everything yourself. Management is very out of touch and runs the company the same as 10 years ago. If you are looking for a place that you will grow, look else where almost no growth opportunities. Also the pay is far below market value.

Advice to Management

Take the time to listen to your employees, Train and invest in them and they will be more productive.

"More concerned with personal agendas"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Implus (More than a year)

Pros

Great stepping stone into your career. Great working atmosphere amongst your peers. You will learn the basic structure of a corporate business.

Cons

The management is not concerned with growing the business. They want to keep their employees in their positions even if their managers have outdated skills. The management is extremely cliquish and will approach advise as a challenge to their authority. They will fire you for causes that had no prior warning and without any notice (even though they tell you in the interview that you are fired for bad actions if addressed on multiple occasions). The pay is horrible too! Again, this is a great place to start if you can't find a job. But I would not pass on any other opportunities while there. Because they will definitely pass on you with no remorse. Lastly, they will passively blackball you. Basically, on the day you're fired they will make clear that if your future employer contacts them, they will inform them that you performance "needs help."

Advice to Management

Look at employees for what they can provide for the company, not what relationships you've built with them. Also, you're a multimillion dollar company, there's no need to maliciously disadvantage an individual making thousands (and with your salary, the lesser of the thousands) by relocating them and firing them without warning and not allowing their experience at Implus to reflect positively on their resume for future jobs.

"Only Good for Entry Level Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are decent, casual environment, great entry level opportunities, PTO grows with time spent working at the company, offer training, company is growing

Cons

High school mentality, if you are not actively participating in social activities or are not a member of the boys club you will not move ahead. Constantly micromanaged by HR including times in, out and snow days. Pay is seriously below local averages. You get the sense that everyone is replaceable and has no real chance to make more or advance within the company. Passive aggressive emails from upper management and HR that speak down to employees are appalling.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings. Increase pay and you will keep the good employees. Require management and HR to complete training courses.

"Unorganized and unprofessional"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual work attire, benefits after 3 months of full-time employment, and on occasion you can keep returned products.

Cons

-Lack of insight and direction from management makes tasks seem monotonous and undervalued
    -Little to no feedback on productivity; no implementation of performance improvement plan
    -Very high turnover within customer service department (4 people were terminated in a 3-month timespan for the same position)
    -Below average compensation for an entry level position requiring a college degree

Advice to Management

A pattern of terminating employees frequently and with little cause reflects poorly on how you are hiring and training. It is well known that high employee turnover is expensive, and your employees will recognize when management isn’t held accountable or to the same standard.

Advice to prospective job-seekers:
    There is little room for upward growth from within the company. This is not a company where you would start a career, but maybe use as leverage for a better opportunity.

"Unfair Company"

I worked at Implus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits package is very good. Best I've seen a company offer.

Cons

Lack of appreciation of employees for starters. The company expects workers to drive in snow and ice and doesn't care if you get hurt in the process. I slid off the road breaking my neck to get to work one morning and was still docked PTO for being late. Wow! Don't let the company close down due to extreme snow, they will dock your PTO for however many days the company was closed, talk about greedy! Salaries are already much lower than average yet they can't let a snow day slide?? Management is very intimidating and unapproachable and overall the company is just very poorly ran and after reading others' reviews we ALL have the exact same bad impression of the company. Do better Implus you will never keep good employees.

Advice to Management

None. They will always be who they are because they do not have to change.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Marketing in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing in Durham, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a young professional, you have the chance to make connections with many colleagues in your age bracket

Cons

Elitist management style
    Underpaid for hours worked
    Lack of respect for females
    Low morale
    Employees have no feeling of being appreciated, as management ensures everyone feels easily replaceable

"The worst people I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Durham, NC

I worked at Implus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Good benefits
    Ok parking
    There's a gym and basketball court in the bldg.
    They give you free office supplies
    They don't micro manage but there's no real training
    you get your own cubicle

Cons

I was recently hired as a Customer Service rep. I was fired because I wasn’t catching on fast enough but I was only given 3 days. Well 2 actually , considering the director, manager , and supervisor of my dept. were all in meetings the first day. I wasn't given clear job expectations, a daily task list, and I wasn't properly trained. I was briefly trained on mail and that's what I did the entire time.
    The peer I worked with was very patronizing, over explained things and talked to me like I was stupid. It's easy to avoid those kinds of people in a casual setting but not at work.

The first day I was there a coworker left their trash at my cubicle and another unpacked one of my boxes and left everything there.

The interview process was unprofessional.I had two interviews, which lasted over a hour and I was hired the same day( giving me the impression that I was in good standing)

The interview consisted mainly of personal questions/comments. During my interview, I was informed that if I didn’t get along well with my coworkers, I wouldn’t last long. I'm not sure if I applied to implus or a sorority house....it was very uncomfortable working there.

I can’t get back the hours I lost from my other job( which I almost quit for this job). I was fired then told I couldn't return to get my belongings. And they waited 10 minutes after I left to tell me. So now I have to collect them from my recruiter who's in a different city and this job is 8 minutes away from where I live. This has been a huge inconvenience and the most ridiculous experience I've ever had with a company. It was extremely inconsiderate and unprofessional.. All of this could have easily been prevented.

-also lacks diversity upstairs where the better paying positions are

Do not allow a staffing agency to place you here as a temp or even long term. The money isn't worth it. Companies who treat their employees/people like crap don't last long..and once again this was my experience working in the customer service department.

Good luck

Advice to Management

Please have a more professional interview process so no one else has to experience this.

11. "Proactive and fun filled environment"

I worked at Implus full-time

Pros

Great work culture. Employee friendly company

Cons

Saturated business in European market.