Cover image for In Time Tec

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=In Time Tec~484136
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Relaxing

Jul 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work environment, fun, almost never any crunch time.

Cons

If you're new you may be benched for a while, not doing meaningful work in the meantime

2. 2.0

Hot and then cold

Nov 7, 2022 - Software Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule in the sense that you will be required to work at all different times of the day so you won’t have a traditional 9-5. You’ll feel like people really care about you but also check the cons before that excites you.

Cons

In Time Tec continues to push a people first approach which is not true because I was let go very abruptly. They talk about a three strike policy but I was let go without even a chance at a strike and was a top level contributor on our team. There is a major gap between fresh engineers and experienced engineers cause if you don’t get fired before being a senior you’ll leave when you have the experience because you are well underpaid in one of the most expensive places to live in the US. The ratings have shot way up because Jeet asks all current employees to give a 5 star review and people are scared of losing their jobs.

3. Join the In Time Tec team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Good place terrrible managament

Oct 4, 2022 - Cyber Security Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good workplace and positive people

Cons

Management has shady practices behind closed doors. They always share a message of belonging and togetherness then proceeded to fire no less than 15 people inside a 2-month period with no reason.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a great place to work

Aug 29, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to travel and self development.

Cons

- Mental / emotional abuse - Getting yelled at or hearing the CEO screaming at other employees for the smallest things - Too much work for small pay - working late hours / night meetings - The management tries to get close to you claiming they care about you then they use whatever you tell them against you

4 people found this review helpful

In Time Tec Response

HR Manager

We appreciate you being a part of our culture for more than three years, and we're glad you've had the chance for self-development. Nevertheless, we are left wondering why you stayed with us for such a long time given your perception of your continued underpayment or leadership gaps. You could have spoken to your manager or a member of the senior leadership team if you believed that you were entitled to a higher salary and encountered things that were not working for you, and we would have taken your concerns into consideration. The data you mentioned doesn't seem to be factual and more emotional or incident-driven. Communication could have surely resolved things here. Regarding evening meetings, there are meetings with clients located in various time zones, which is fairly usual in the IT sector. As and when one takes on leadership roles, they need to attend these meetings. Having said that, anything could have been discussed had you approached us when you were working with us, being part of the open-door culture. Looking further ahead, we hope you find what you're looking for and wish you all the best moving forward.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Diamond in the rough of Idaho software development

Jun 4, 2022 - Senior Developer/Tech Lead in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to build new skills Honesty from mgmt. Hire engineers who love coding Ramping up their pay Outside offers are NOW matched

Cons

Intro to ethics is annoying as it's geared towards younger employees I had a stupid amount of fun which is WRONG 🤣

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A disheartening experience

Jun 30, 2022 - Database Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enthusiasm galore and lots of smiles

Cons

60 plus hour weeks (and weekends) for the duration for the customer, and high demands for time from In Time Tec for their internal programs. When hired I was told 4 days for the customer and one day for In Time Tec - No - It was 5-6 days a week for the customer due to production and performance needs and 4-6 additional hours trying to squeeze in In Time Tec requirements. Was encouraged by the CEO to grow - When I reached out to do so I was refused and told I needed more time with the company to "settle in" - All the while hiring people right off the street for the position I enquired about with less experience for the position. I don't think he even bothered to look at my resume and took over a month to respond after I sent a reminder to him as I watched them pulling people from outside. Management is approachable Entirely took on an offshore team which meant very long days for conference calls - But no reward for excelling. Just more work. Constantly praised by my manager and on-site folks but no rewards other than longer hours and no help with the workload. Didn't care enough to give me an exit interview when I quit, which was icing on the cake and spoke volumes about how much they really cared. A lot of extra time taken up reading mandatory books and meetings to help you "grow". Some people know who they are - Want to just work and grow - Are great teammates - And would perhaps like to have some time with their family. Worst benefits package I have ever had. Honestly the worst job I've ever had. :(

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Continual Growth to be Leader and Person I Want to Be

May 22, 2022 - Senior Software Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

In Time Tec and the leadership has created peace in my life and enables me to develop skills and tools to generate peace for others in their life. That enables me to show up in whatever capacity, be it as a husband, father, technology leader, son, and friend and bring my experience and capability to any conversation. As a lifelong technologist, I am gotten by the opportunity to work with partners in a variety of industries and see a variety of technologies. I have a hunger to see what is out there, what works, and what does not work, and build on those experiences to share and grow others.

Cons

A recent colleague shared this best -- In Time Tec is not for everyone. While I would love to have everyone work at In Time Tec, what we are up to may not be a fit for everyone, and that is absolutely wonderful.

In Time Tec Response

HR Manager

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback, we are highly delighted to have you at In Time Tec. We are committed to creating a better workplace for our employees by offering self-development and technical courses and sessions. We are glad to hear about your experience and wish you all the best. Keep learning and growing with us.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay at best, new career developers beware!

May 9, 2022 - Software Engineer in Meridian, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits: employee benefits covered for you and the overall benefits are nice as they use good plans. Employer-contributed 401k as well. - Semi-decent pay: for Idaho it's probably is very competitive, but don't expect to make standard developer pay here, you can make much more elsewhere if that is what you are looking for. - Employer paid training/continuous learning: if you are looking at certifications and it makes sense for your role, they will cover it for you. They also have a few technical learning groups, which can be helpful, unfortunately most people are too busy to actually put good effort into these so you'll probably cover the same book 4 or 5 times.

Cons

- ZERO work life balance: The CEO openly brags about how his loved ones feel like he has no time for them, but its because work is just so important. So you can understand why high level management continually talks about how life and work are intermingled. (They openly say that if money is no object, you'd still be there working because you believe in their mission...you don't show up to be a developer, you show up to "create abundance") Sure, you have a life and work at the same time so they will be mixed together in a sense, but that doesn't mean my life has to be my work. India night meetings also don't help here. The teams in India are great and they are fun to interact with. However, all you can think about in the afternoon is how you have another hour of meetings later on so you can't really enjoy your evening or make plans with friends/family. The work week here really feels like a grind. - Toxic "family" culture: They always talk about how they are a "family" and how they never want to fire anyone unless things just don't really work out. Basically this place is a buy in (or at least fake it) or get out. If you question the judgement of higher management, you're out, if you don't buy into their created language they spend a year drilling into your head, you're out, if you don't open up about your life traumas or dramas, you're out....seriously...people get fired for these things and one day are randomly gone. Once you ask about that person, they say that the person decided to move on from the company and all is well. They talk about transparency and authenticity but they do not stick to it themselves. They will also call you out on stupid stuff, like if they see you eating junk food they will march on over and tell you how it is terrible for you and how you need to lose weight (some experiences were a manager making fun of an employee in front of other employees on stuff like this), however they might constantly have a beer in their hands. Don't call people out on stuff when you have your own problems. Also, it's just not appropriate in a work environment. -Bogus roles: This is where new developers need to be careful. They will tell you and promise you anything. I wanted to be an actual developer there and I was promised that I would be a developer there in 6-12 months after a short stint in QA. Multiple years later and no sight of actual development role. Hell, even the QA role turned out to be a Product Owner/Business Analyst role. Some new devs get lucky and actually get put in a good position, maybe 1 out of every 5 hired, but they basically make the India teams do all the work while you attend meetings with clients so you can just say "Yes, we can do that!" and then make the India team do it. Senior devs can probably stay very technical here, but it's honestly a toss up for new devs. They have been, and will continuously will be, losing their great technical talent to other places because people actually want to freaking code, not sit in meetings all day. People who just want to show up and screw around in their free time love it here because they can do just that. Go to meetings, say yes we can, and then go out to lunch for 2 hours.

9 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Take a breath

May 16, 2022 - Software Engineer in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are amazing people and leaders that work at In Time Tec. Culture is a huge part of the success of the company. People are ready and willing to help you learn and grow in your role. There is a lot of room for change and improvement as well! If you want to try on something new, simply ask for the chance and you will be given it.

Cons

It takes a minute to appreciate/enjoy the culture of In Time Tec. At first you may find strange things with how people interact, and it's especially difficult if you're coming from a more professional, get work done and that's it environment. To get from the culture of ITT, you need to give.

11. 4.0

Great all around company

May 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is amazing, they are very invested in the development of their employees. As an engineer, they had numerous technical learning groups as well as professional development groups. They’re also intentional about making sure that you’re happy when your role and re evaluating if you want to take on something different.

Cons

- The pay is kind of low for the industry, but it makes sense being based on Boise. - This isn’t a con for everyone, but it was for me. They want employees in the office more than remote. They are very flexible, however, and are understanding of life happening.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 497 Reviews
</>Embed

In Time Tec Reviews FAQs

In Time Tec has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 516 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at In Time Tec to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, In Time Tec employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at In Time Tec. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

86% of In Time Tec employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated In Time Tec 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at In Time Tec to be senior leadership, culture, career development and the cons to be compensation, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with In Time Tec Job Seekers