InSight Health Reviews | Glassdoor

InSight Health Reviews

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Baumgartner

1. "An okay company to work for."

Former Contractor - MRI Technologist in Columbia, MO
    Former Contractor - MRI Technologist in Columbia, MO

I worked at InSight Health as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pushed me academically to further my education. They taught me everything I needed to know to transition from an x-Ray tech to a MR tech.

Cons

Minimal interaction with management. They mostly communicate via email. Little preparation from management to when JCHO visited us. Not much support from management as far as being a liaison between us and our host site. No annual cost of living raises for 6 years straight.

Advice to Management

See cons above.

2. "experience for the future"

Former Contractor - Medical Imaging in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Medical Imaging in New York, NY

I worked at InSight Health as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met some really fantastic people who I was honored to work with. I was able to teach young technologists the right way to treat people

Cons

There are people in any company including this one that are taking advantage of others who are just trying to do the best they can.. They also have the responsibility to create an environment of safety.

Advice to Management

Take a hint from the employees and use any feedback as a way to improve things they mention.

3. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at InSight Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a stable company, with great co-workers. I feel that my work is valued by my company & my patients. I feel like I can make a difference here.

Cons

There is a high level of stress in the healthcare field, partly because the business climate is changing & there is so much competition.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees in the field. Not everything that looks like a good idea on paper really works at the Center level. Trying to centralize everything will only distance the relationships that have taken years to build with referring physician's offices and could be the downfall of our Company.

4. "Steady pay check and thats about it."

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

Senior management is mostly friendly, they are willing to listen to ideas or at least pretend like their listening. Operations support is excellent. Good communication, not micromanaged, casual environment.

Cons

Wholesale mobile side of business is struggling. No promotions, raises, or opportunity to advance. I excelled in my role and was never recognized. Commision plan signed at the beginning of employment was never paid out. Sales manager refused to discuss it and kept saying "I will take care of you" or "next quarter we are rewriting you plan"...in the end I never made a dime of commision as agreed to in offer letter. Layoffs were frequent and stability was always in question. The company was always behind the curve in establishing their price point for the market rsulting in lost business to the competition. Too much overhead has made insight uncompetative in a very difficult market.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to trim the fat from the bottom ranks. All the upper mangement could be cut in half. This is especially evident when making a critical decision that is time sensative. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, to put it simply.

5. "Stay away"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The base salary is reasonable and the benefits are decent.

Cons

Incompetent senior management & unrealistic goals. "Boys Club" so as a female, there is no opportunity. HR dept does not protect their employees instead looks the other way.

Advice to Management

Quit

6. "New Techs - Make a lot of Money at Insight! Older Techs - Leave!"

Former Employee - X-ray Tech in Oxnard, CA
    Former Employee - X-ray Tech in Oxnard, CA

Pros

The patients are always one of the reasons for working in the medical field.

Cons

Favoritism with manager; inability to be cross-trained at all in any modality. New technologists make a lot more than older, longer-experienced technologists. Fair? Not at all, especially when new hires prove to be lazy and incompetent, avoiding work or finding excuses not to do the job for which they were hired.

Advice to Management

If you hire a new tech, just out of school, and pay him or her $5.00 an hour more than a long-term, loyal employee, you have a very serious problem with compensation models and employee appreciation. Sure, you may be competitive in the current market, but you also will lose your good, steady employees to other radiology groups.

7. "Treated me well but price of stock says it all."

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at InSight Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Middle management was great. Bonuses were great when you performed.

Cons

Low stock price made me worry of future, downsizing was probably a blessing in disguise.

8. "Troubled merger"

Pros

Insight had a very good year before the merger with CDI.

Cons

Post merger has seen too many good people leave. There seems to be no focus on business results now. Since the merger, almost every location is performing worse.

9. "Terrible management, Constantly in debt"

Pros

It is in health care

Cons

Awful management and CEO, this is one of the reasons that they have so much debt and keep filing for bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

The board should have hired all new management, the best thing that this company could do is clean house and start with capable management. The CEO is terrible.

10. "Must Have Brown Nose to Survive"

Former Employee - Mobile
    Former Employee - Mobile

Pros

hmmm.. good wage.. that's about it!

Cons

*Corporate has NO clue what goes on in the field. MANY accounts have been lost due to incompetence of area managers.
    *Area managers play favorites BIG time and God help the ones not in the circle...
    *Big communication gap between corporate & the field that area managers should fill in, yet they don't
    *It became embarrassing to have to cover for management when they didn't show up for meetings with the clients
    *Biggest con: being expected to be gone from home 16-20 hours a day, 4 days a week (with no forethought to how accounts are really set up and the necessity of such ridiculousness)
    *Revolving door of CEOs........ but they always make ridiculous salaries no matter how far they run the company down

Advice to Management

Corporate could learn a LOT if they ask the people in the field what is really going on.....If they fired the people who actually lost the accounts because of their incompetence instead of "eliminating" positions of the people DOING THE WORK, the company may not be in perpetual bankruptcy. Corporate really needs to wise up and see the area managers/upper management for what they really are...............

Corporate really should get out of their offices and get out in the field (all across the US) and make several unannounced visits to sites & to visit/find area managers. Area managers get a free pass every time and it's time that stops.