Incognito Software Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 18, 2017

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephane Bourque

"Nice company but not for sales"

I worked at Incognito Software Systems full-time

Pros

Friendly staff. Good location if you are in Vancouver. Small company part of a larger holding company. Not a target for an acquisition or takeover. A potential good spot except for sales for the graduating or 5 years or less employee of experience to work for.

Cons

No stability for sales staff. 75% turnover for Global Sales staff over the past 24-36 months. Not a professional sales environment. Poor sales leadership/leader. Leader is the root of their problems not the sales personnel. Fear does not produce results. Time for holding company to look in the mirror and remove the real problem and cause of disappointing results.
    Software products do not integrate well with each other or not at all. Company is not a leader but a poor follower. We will build it if they will buy it attitude which simply has never worked for success in the marketplace. Rudderless infighting between product management and the executive team produces poor development. Product offering is really only Cable centric not telco as management believes. They have dreams of becoming a much bigger player in the marketplace. Holding company Volaris does not have a real handle on what they really acquired. Plus holding company does not really understand sales cycles to major tier one players which can run 18-24 months. A mom & pop company that has high aspirations but is experiencing growing pains. They are a small niche company in a crowded consolidated marketplace competing with the bigger players which ultimately have the resources to win the majority of the time, especially in North America.

Advice to Management

With sales personnel turnover so high you are missing the real target, just look on who internally is calling the shots. Stop believing the product (s) will sell themselves. Put resources into making the products special and unique not also rans and average. Don't treat your customers like you are IBM or an Oracle, you're not and your client base will continue to push back or leave. You think your formula is working but it is flawed.

2. "Software Developer"

I worked at Incognito Software Systems full-time

Pros

people and the culture is probably the best thing they about this company, and I was fortunate to have an awesome immediate managers

Cons

higher managers lacks vision. more focus on quarterly goals over long term success of the company

Advice to Management

forward thinking instead of short terms goals

"Senior Software Engineer"

Pros

A great, fun place to work, super friendly people. Billiard table, TV and video game room to access at lunch. Benefits include $600 worth of massage/year, and they regularly have a massage therapist come to the office for a week to give back massages that you can sign up for. They close the office between Christmas and New Years. They have a summer program where you can work an extra hour each day during the summer to get every 2nd Friday off. The annual christmas party is usually pretty good, and they have a "Summer Outing" each summer, and occasionally have other fun team building competitions.

Cons

The technology can be hard to learn unless you have a strong networking background, lots of remote staff in different time zones can be a challenge, growing a lot and running out of space.

Advice to Management

Most managers have no training in management, and some managers have a "control and command" style of management - which is the easiest and least effective management style. Better training for management.

5. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Incognito Software Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of value add for being an employee, fitness reimbursement/benefits, training/education options, room for vertical and lateral movement within the organization

Cons

Growing pains in all levels, moving from being a privately owned small business to being owned by a much larger multi-national entity, pay is often less than market average.

6. "Creative and inspiring work environment. Never boring."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Incognito Software Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We solve our client's toughest problems, and we become trusted advisors along the way. We develop unique rapports with these clients, from senior executives down to front-line operators, based on the caliber of our work and accessibility of our people. Our teams are fun to work with, we place a significant emphasis on the in-office culture, and foster an environment where you're always being pushed to the next level.

Cons

While this is an issue present in the majority of firms, I would love to see a strong female presence in senior management levels.

Advice to Management

More diversity in the recruitment efforts.

7. "co-op"

Pros

Good company, but not a perfect

Cons

BSS & OSS product for network companies

8. "Good small company"

Pros

Small and organized company, payment is on time with major clients around the world

Cons

Since being acquired, is becoming bureaucratic. commissions large majority are affected

"Best job of my career!"

I have been working at Incognito Software Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

+ a very team-oriented and supportive culture in an environment that keeps you challenged, but still provides you the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally
    + amazing CEO who is very generous
    + great company events and benefits
    + competitive salaries

Cons

Can't really provide any negatives as it's such an awesome place to "work" If I had to name wone thing though:
    - Lofty sales targets not usually met which can be discouraging

Advice to Management

None, keep up the good work

10. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer QA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer QA

I worked at Incognito Software Systems full-time

Pros

Great CEO + President. Really seem to appreciate people's work
    Great people on my team
    Nice benefits, massages, occasional company lunch

Cons

Pay is lower than I expected
    High expectations
    Smelly bathroom

11. "relaxed and fun environment. good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

good foosball table,
    paid vacation if you didn't take
    nice people

Cons

management issues for a while
    panicky at times
    some sneaky reviews behind your back and monitoring of coop computer use.

Advice to Management

now the ceo has left and the cto is the ceo, it might be better but not sure how it isnow