Indeed Reviews | Glassdoor

Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba
Hisayuki Idekoba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Lead generation is archaic and completely unorganized" (in 21 reviews)

• "There are no cons to working here" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced, great team of people to work with"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Ability to work with the latest processes, tech stack and tools.
    - Each team member brings a wealth of knowledge and the overall learning is immense each day
    - Autonomy in engineering teams

Cons

There are no major cons, in my opinion.

"Love the Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Indeed truly believes in work / life balance. During your interview, get your manager's take on working from home, as every manager has the autonomy to operate differently.
    The pay is great and it has all of the benefits of a tech company (ie. tons of free food, big events with open bar and catering, very inclusive culture, flexible schedule, no dress code, couches/ rocking chairs/ standing desk, gyms, work out classes, etc)
    The health insurane is fantastic. My husband is a veteran and works for DOD and still uses our benefits. They cover things like fertility treatments- 3 rounds of IUI & 2 rounds of IVF
    They have 6 wks paid paternity leave & 4 months paid maternity leave
    They have events for the family
    They give you tooooons of free swag
    Open PTO
    Follow #insideindeed for a lot of insider pics of our events

Cons

The managers have complete autonomy- which is great, if you have a good manager. It is important to get to know the manager as much as possible during the interview and find out their style. Most managers are completely lax on work from home/ flexible schedules/ time off, etc. There are some that are a bit more micromanagers. Also, some products are managed extremely different than the bulk of indeed. It's important to talk to those who are in the role and really find out what they enjoy and ask the questions about work from home policies, etc.

Advice to Management

Make sure managers follow the work life balance, indeed open culture across the board. A couple of bad managers can leave a bad taste in the mouths of Indeedians who haven't gotten to experience all the good things.

3. "prep of cook and customer service"

Current Employee - Chef, Cashier in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Chef, Cashier in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Indeed part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good way to find jobs

Cons

no cons against this company

"Like a mediocre boyfriend"

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Most people (there are a few random super pretentious people)...yeah

It is a great place to learn, try new things, and have a good time. I still recommend it, but not for anything long term.

Cons

Have you ever dated someone you saw so much potential in, but he repeatedly let you down and broke your heart, and you began to realize there were actually much better guys out there? Working at Indeed is like that.

I joined Indeed, excited about the growth and what the culture appeared to be. Every relationship has that make-it-or-break-it point at 2 years. I should have seen it then when the promises of transparency and "commitment" to diversity and inclusion had yet to be realized, but I toughed it out because I loved Indeed and I wanted help it win. That was dumb.

After spending more of my best years here, more promises have gone to the wind, and when asked about said promises, leadership acts like they don't know what we're talking about, gaslights us, or gives us Trump-like responses (combining random words in a sentence that, together, mean nothing at all).

Moving internally is more streamlined than I've seen at most companies. This is coupled with pretty decent professional development and educational perks to make a successful transition. However, when people move from roles that are typically in a lower salary range to one in a higher salary range, their salaries are rarely adjusted. It seems like a ploy to get cheap labor.

We're an HR company and we can't figure out how to do HR well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Companies are looking to us for answers and we should be able to provide solutions, but HR has every excuse for not innovating internally. Instead, HR talks about "matching" other companies. We should be a thought leader in HR. Other companies should not be teaching us how to do this. Sad.

I've been turning down advances from other companies, with the hope that Indeed would one day get its act together and show appreciation for me and all the other employees who are fighting for it. The perks, Open PTO, WFH, and professional development budget were nice, but other companies are offering me that and can actually communicate. They tell me what my salary range is, don't make excuses for not hiring qualified women and minorities into senior leadership, and actually let go of people who are incompetent and/or make others feel uncomfortable to the point that they don't want to show up to work (read: harassers, sexists, homophobes, racists, and the like). The fact that Indeed can't let go of people who are actually negatively impacting value is very strange to me. Like, you're a business and you're losing money and productivity for these people.

I've sort of enjoyed the time we've spent together. I've heard this from experts over and over again, but I didn't listen. I put my money on potential rather than steps toward action or even a real plan. Never again.

Indeed, I'm breaking up with you.

Advice to Management

Stop talking, and start doing. You have so much potential. It pains me to see you waste it. I want to see you win so bad, but you have to let go of the people bringing you down in leadership (namely HR, Sales, Engineering, and Product) and do what you said you would do without excuses. Also, take more risks with products. Our customers want more innovative products and they're going to buy them from the new companies that are popping up or LinkedIn.

Indeed Response

Aug 14, 2018 – Employer Brand Program Manager

Thanks so much for leaving us a review of your experience of working at Indeed. We completely agree that we have an amazing group of people here, all working to support our overall mission of helping... More

"Wouldn't recommend to a friend"

Current Employee - Client Onboarding Strategist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Onboarding Strategist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great for the most part.

Cons

This is a test department and the department needs to figure some things out. The turnover rate is extremely high in this department, most likely because they don't pay the employees well for bringing in millions of dollars per quarter!

Advice to Management

Figure out how to make people happy or you're going to lose the people that established the department and built it from the beginning and bring in all the money for the company.

6. "Great place to grow your career."

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong growth structure within the company.

Cons

Very departmental, meaning your experience there will be determined by which team you are on. Most teams are strong, but no company is perfect.

7. "Good benifits"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun company great bennfits and training

Cons

Recent unrealistic sales goals

8. "Best job"

Pros

Everything is great here

Cons

nothing bad yet at the company

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

> Great salary and benefits
    > Relaxed work environment with flexible scheduling
    > Gourmet cafeteria and coffee bar
    > Lots of opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

> Parking is a bit of a disaster at the Champions Grandview Pkwy location

Indeed Response

Feb 1, 2019 – Employer Brand Program Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. We agree, Indeed is a great place to work (and we're working on the parking!)

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Client Services in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Client Services in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome work/life balance, strong management

Cons

Salary could be better and sometimes feels like you're stuck in college