Cover image for Indeed

4.4
Indeed CEO Chris Hyams
Chris Hyams
1,196 Ratings

What people are saying about Indeed

Join the conversation on

Tech

560.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Indeed~100561
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Indeed? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Indeed employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits that are hard to beat and overall a very progressive company.(in 219 reviews)
  • "Great culture built around a mission to help people worldwide connect with employers and advance their career.(in 191 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance between PTO policy and the discouragement to work early or late AT ALL on any day.(in 174 reviews)
  • "Great people and very professional(in 171 reviews)
  • "'Unlimited' PTO Health benefits from the start Remote flexibilities Free food/drinks provided in the office(in 140 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Indeed and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing Place

Oct 4, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the culture

Cons

No cons for this place

2. 5.0

Impressive!!

Jan 30, 2023 -  in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, Product, Simplicity, Work-Life Balance, Pay, Benefits,Perks, Autonomy.

Cons

I wish base pay was a little higher but no complaints whatsoever about overall comp.

3. Join the Indeed team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Bad Career Growth and Decent WLB

Jan 27, 2023 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good. There are quite a few folks with kids so people respect others' personal life boundaries. Co-workers are friendly. Company has a clear mission with well defined principles SLT seems compassionate and empathetic

Cons

Weak product leadership with little knowledge on best PM practice. This is not a good place to learn how to be a good PM. Folks have different expectations on what PMs should do and expect PMs to solely execute and program management. Short-term focused and short-sighted execution with no focus on a coherent product vision and well defined product strategy. Inconsistent and opaque decision making process with no open communication between ICs and VPs. Poor and inefficient middle management is making it worse. To my surprise my manager is doing IC work (i.e. duplicating my work) instead of reviewing/editing my work.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great WLB

Jan 24, 2023 - Senior Data Scientist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel I could work at Indeed indefinitely and be reasonably happy. I’ve had several management changes in my time and all of them have been open to PTO, I generally take 25-30 days off a year plus generous company holidays and monthly You days. The review process feels fair and overall the organization is “people oriented”. The food in Austin is fantastic and frequently better than the surrounding restaurants. It’s not hard to find work but I rarely if ever feel pressured to work more than I would on my own.

Cons

Pay is right around the median, maybe a bit higher, but below that of similarly sized companies. While level increases are available pay is rarely increased substantially. RSUs being tied to the JPY can be problematic as well, since they may depreciate independent of company performance.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to be an individual

Jan 30, 2023 - Senior Manager, Business Analysis
    Business Outlook

Pros

Indeed actively practices inclusion and belonging, weaving it into every aspect of an employee experience

Cons

Indeed's start up innovative culture can be a little tough to navigate at it's current size.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Room for Improvement

Nov 3, 2022 - Senior Search Quality Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open PTO, a monthly YOU day, 401k with match, and the capacity for a fully remote role, among others. They do well on the superficial stuff.

Cons

Indeed is a large company with many departments. Speaking on the department I was in: there was very little direction and goals were very vague quarter to quarter. This put immediate team leads and managers in the awkward position of needing to do the jobs of their higher-ups (and for not much more pay than their direct reports). Some folks in leadership roles consistently played favorites and created roles for unqualified team members to get promoted into. When looking to join a different department, the internal job interview process was clunky and cumbersome. Any internal job seeker could get through 5 rounds of interviews only for that department to decide to cancel the role last minute. How does this happen at a company who vows to advocate for job seekers? An employee referral system is in place but if your referral is nearing 40 years in age, has ample job experience, and they’re not applying for a seasoned engineering role, then forget about it. Indeed knows inexperience is cheaper. (They like compensating at the lower end of the salary range.) This place is a stepping stone, but do not let the branding blind you. There is no mystique to working at Indeed. It is just as big and dysfunctional a corporation as any. I can guarantee that competence is not a requirement. It’s ultimately bad PR for them to lay people off but they’ll find other ways (voluntary severance) to trim the fat. Just be cautious and make sure that what you decide to do benefits you.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Love working at Indeed!

Jan 19, 2023 - Senior Client Success Specialist, Enterprise
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think indeed is a phenomenal company - I find to have a great work-life balance, culture, and pay is good for what we do. In comparison to other CS positions I have held, I find Indeed provides the necessary tools and training to be successful at what I do.

Cons

NONE for me, I have been here 1+ years and I feel that as long as they will have me I will stay at Indeed for a VERY long time

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company for everything but sales

Jan 31, 2023 - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are second to none- absolutely cant compete

Cons

If your in sales, the book of business you are assigned is going to make or break you. Internal mobility is also extremely difficult and very political. My advice: make as many friends as you can, it will determine how far you can go.

10. 5.0

Very Solid

Jan 30, 2023 - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company overall and good work-life balance.

Cons

No longer fully remote which is a bummer

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jan 25, 2023 - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Phenomenal work life balance -Competitive compensation -Great management and support -Amazing sales training Indeed is always looking out for its employees and is an awesome company!

Cons

-Difficult to transition to leadership roles or transition internally once you've reached SAE status

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,694 Reviews
</>Embed

Indeed Reviews FAQs

Indeed has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 3,181 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Indeed to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Indeed employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Indeed. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

91% of Indeed employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Indeed 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Indeed to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Indeed Job Seekers