Indeed Reviews | Glassdoor

Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba
Hisayuki Idekoba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sadly this is only one of the many issues with the lead generation" (in 20 reviews)

• "Making 60 calls a day wasn't for me but if you can do this with no problem then it is a terrific place to work" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company Culture!"

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

I've loved working here! Managers are smart and you get a lot of autonomy to schedule your day. Pay is very competitive.

Cons

Not enough opportunity to work with new business, too much focus on new products instead of solution selling.

"Fast Growth, Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open PTO, Unlimited food & beer, Accessible CEO, Competitive Pay, Beautiful Office

Cons

Lack of management training. Has grown a lot very quickly which has led to an unclear understanding of roles and responsibilities.

"Great Company to Work For - But There's Work to Do!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All in all, Indeed has been an amazing place to work over the past few years! I've learned so much, and work with passionate colleagues who are now many of my close friends, all with a common goal of 'I Help People Get Jobs.' Sales is a busy job, but Indeed definitely incentivizes their AEs to work hard and go green. We have a happy and committed salesforce and support teams.

Pros:
    - Open PTO
    - Great work/life balance; if you work til 5pm, you are done at 5pm (at least if you are a non-exempt employee)
    - Successful, fast-growing company (grows consistently every quarter & year); job stability ties along with this.
    - Parental Leave (16 Wks Primary Caregiver; 4 Wks Secondary)
    - Great Product (Sponsored Jobs) that work, and clients love
    - Breakfast in AM, Lunch on Wednesdays
    - Gym at the office, and barre/yoga classes
    - Good compensation; great health/dental benefits
    - Fun, young, fast-paced work environment

Cons

As Indeed grows, the start-up culture and family feel is starting to dwindle slightly. We are becoming metrics obsessed, and Sales and Client Services always feel the pressure to hit numbers, rather than truly strategize and service our clients. In Sales, they micromanage the AEs, and gradually are removing flexibility (WFH is frowned upon, some Directors don't allow much PTO.) We're starting to lose sight of our mission, and risk losing top, tenured employees. It is also more challenging than advertised to move internally for promotions.

Also, it is very upsetting to read here that people (esp. women) of color feel marginalized. Indeed prioritizes inclusion, but there needs to be more men & women (of all backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientation) in the C-Suite and in Leadership to shift the male-driven environment and inspire women to thrive and succeed.

Advice to Management

Prioritize your employees! We all want to work hard and succeed - but we need flexibility, career growth and inclusion in return.

4. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, flexibility to match my schedule as needed, PTO

Cons

Career guidance and development for new hires/grads a little lacking in my role

"startup vibes w/ big company stability"

Pros

fun office environment. always something going on. always a buzz and an energy. great perks. great benefits. incredible food.

Cons

if you work better in an office that's quiet and stagnant, you probably won't be very productive

"Beware"

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

They'll feed you. Not much else.

Cons

This is true of any employer, but especially Indeed: don't trust HR. They don't have your best interests at heart.

Unlimited PTO sounds good, but all it really means is that when you leave, Indeed doesn't have to pay out the PTO hours that they owe you. I know that's just business, but they make it sound like such a gift.

7. "SR. AE"

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Everything about Indeed is Unreal.

Cons

nothing wrong Work hard play hard

Advice to Management

Keep it goin!

"Great perks, poor management, zero support for internal mobility"

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

Free snacks, meals, coffee/drinks. Unlimited PTO. Remote work flexibility.

Cons

Low 401(k) match, no opportunities for career advancement, an "always stay positive" work culture

Advice to Management

I'm sure there are great teams on Indeed, but I experienced the absolute worst of it. Bad management combined with leadership that didn't want to do anything about it created a toxic work environment. Internal mobility is a joke, and serves more as an ineffective middle-man than an actual career guide and advocate to employees looking to transfer and develop their skills.

"Great at first"

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open PTO, 401k, medical insurance, quarterly bonuses, WFH opportunities

Cons

College-like atmosphere, promotions not based on merit

Advice to Management

Indeed is a great place to start and I do still think that overall this is a good company to work for. Over that last 1-2 years there has been a steady decline in office morale. Within CS, there have been some changes to upper management and I am not confident in the direction we are going.

The mission of helping people find jobs is starting to disappear as we are finding ways to monetize everything. I no longer feel like we are focused on the clients' satisfaction and success, but rather very much driven by the bottom-line. There is an emphasis on launching new products, which means sometimes they are released before they are ready and CS/Sales deal with all of the blowback from unhappy clients. I fear that this is starting to affect once loyal customers as they are losing trust in Indeed/our goals.

Some managers are great and genuinely care about developing their direct reports, but others seem to have benefitted from being here at the right place/right time and simply fallen into their roles. Most of the employees are very young, which contributes to a college-like atmosphere. A lot of people are promoted based on how long they have been at the company and who they are friends with, rather than their merit of work.

If you are interested in a different role or department, there is an internal resource that shows openings but it is difficult to really know what another team does. There is also no transparency internally of what is a lateral move or promotion outside of your pillar, or what the salary range is for other positions. This makes it difficult to truly explore moving across departments if you don't even understand what you're applying for.

"Senior Account Executive"

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

You learn a lot very quickly. Great perks/incentives. Office culture is great. Young company.

Cons

Like most sales. Can get boring.