Indeed Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2020

3.8
Indeed CEO Chris Hyams
Chris Hyams
Pros
  • "The obvious free food, unlimited PTO and top class benefits are all brilliant but what makes it for me is the progression and support that is available(in 118 reviews)

• "Work life balance, good work culture(in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons so far working at Indeed(in 30 reviews)

• "No structure in how a week would look just what is your sales number as it needs to be brought to senior management(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"A really great and inclusive work culture"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working at Indeed for 3 years now. This is an honest review and I can honestly say that I really love working at Indeed. I work in the UK Growth A department and I have to say that I go to work with a smile on my face every day. The team I am on is amazing and I have really grown in so many ways. There is a really healthy culture of inclusion here, everybody is respected and appreciated. Indeed knows how to look after their staff. I have been so impressed with how they have handled this difficult time through COVID and the uncertainty that surrounds it all. Culture is first and foremost at this company. Yes you have to work hard but hard work is rewarded, the team spirit in Growth A is second to none. There are many great inclusion groups at Indeed, from "Women at Indeed" to parents inclusion groups, LGBT and many more. We also have great benefits such as PTO, healthcare, dental care and much more. Indeed has not only helped my career but it has been so supportive in my personal life, even offering support through difficult times and particularly my director has been so supportive. I can not express my gratitude enough for having been hired at this company. So if you are thinking of starting a career in sales, Indeed is one of the best companies you could choose.

Cons

To be honest, I have not found any, sales is always going to a tough job but the rewards are greater.

Indeed Response

March 23, 2020Senior Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience in Sales at Indeed in Dublin. We are thrilled to see that you are finding the culture of our company positive. We are working hard to ensure that a culture of inclusion and belonging is embedded throughout the company and our benefits are competitive to support employees as much as possible whilst working for us. Your feedback is highly valued as we continue to adapt our style of working during this time.

2. COVID-19

"I love the company"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Automation Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company cares for the employees. I can see that through full remote work when covid started and being transparent with employees on company's current standing.

Cons

I do see manager(s)/coworker(s) who are not the best but this would be same problem across most companies.

3. COVID-19

"I really like Indeed"

4.0
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the people I work with and our company culture. I grew a greater respect for the company during Covid as we didn't lay anyone off

Cons

The pay could definitely be better

"Product"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best culture of any Tech company I've ever worked at

Cons

'Lean Startup' based product development philosophy (A|B test - driven development) works well in many ways but often results in products losing cohesion in terms of design and vision. Emphasis on short-term impact in performance evaluations creates a strong disincentive to prioritize important work that takes more than a quarter to show value.

5. "Great company to work for a learn"

4.0
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Food and drinks, great benefits

Cons

lots of restructuring at times, causing stress

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time

Pros

Great company culture. Invest into employees

Cons

None that come to mind

"Love, love, love Indeed"

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

Indeed offers amazing benefits, which easily keep me engaged and excited about work. Open PTO, tons of e-learnings, very close-knit groups of employees.

Cons

The vision is clear, but the path toward achieving the vision changes often. For an established company, it's sometimes frustrating to have different KPIs, goals, expectations, etc. each quarter. Transparency is key, and while management is regularly communicating with employees, the communication is sometimes vague.

"good money, lots of irrelevant kpis"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

good money, great benefits, great work life balance, seamless on wednesdays, sort of diverse (could always be more diverse)

Cons

data is pretty disorganized, lots of meaningless chore type kpis

9. "Amazing company!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Indeed full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are awesome, ping-pong tables & video games, catered breakfast everyday & lunch on Wednesday's, they go above and beyond to make you comfortable

Cons

The product I was assigned to was too experimental for my liking

"Look out!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager of Program Management in Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice in-office perks with tons of free food, well appointed offices, frequent office events, strong purpose and brand, generally open communications from senior management

Cons

Oof....where to start. The recruiting blitz is strong and they strive for a 6 star experience if you make it to an interview. Salaries are toward the lower end from what I heard and what I learned as a hiring manager although manages are not allowed to know what their employees earn. They strive to make up for lower salaries in perks. (Not sure how that is going in these wfh days.) For a while, they were hiring like gangbusters with new employees getting a fresh Macbook Air. So you have a lot of young people without much structure running around looking busy but without much direction or results. The demographics and age range definitely slants younger and there is a lot 'coaching' asked of managers. There is also an emphasis in performance management with repeated feedback both up and down. However, this gives a disproportionate amount of leverage to lower level staff who in many ways have become entitled and coddled. And too many avenues for people to push back on their managers covertly. This creates a very superficial environment with happiness on the outside but a lot of back stabbing behind the scenes. It's unfortunate as the mission and progressiveness of the company are in the right place. The Indeed brand and marketplace standing are strong and the Japanese holding company who owns Indeed is throwing money at it like it's going out of style. (This must be a classic pump and dump strategy to sell this firm.) I would avoid jobs in program management as they are frequently glorified admins. The Product side is generally strong. Like any job, proceed at your own risk. In full disclosure, I'm an experienced middle manager with a strong CV who was there 15 months and couldn't get out fast enough.

Indeed Response

July 22, 2020

Thanks for leaving us feedback about working at Indeed in Austin. We appreciate you taking the time to write the review, although we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t have the positive experience we hope for when working with us. We want everyone at Indeed to feel like they belong and are absolutely committed to fostering an environment where inclusion is valued and leveraged. You can rest assured that our Managers are encouraged to ‘coach’ their team as we strive to build a collaborative, familial and healthy working culture. We offer training for managers, such as ManagerFest as everyone has room to grow/expand their skillset. We also provide all Indeedians with ample opportunities for growth, such as ongoing Learning and Development courses via Indeed Learn, and an annual allowance for personal L&D. As you mentioned we offer numerous perks and benefits ranging from Open PTO, virtual counseling, and LTIPS (Long Term Incentive Plans), just to name a few. We are transparent in salaries for roles at Indeed, with salary ranges listed for all roles up to Senior Director on our careers page. As a business, we review salaries yearly as part of the merit process and have a dedicated benefits team that regularly review levels based on data and feedback. In addition to the annual review, we launched a global salary project across the business four years ago to ensure pay is equitable across all roles. At Indeed we champion a culture that values honest and transparent communication, with quarterly feedback and management effectiveness surveys. No company is perfect, and we encourage reviews such as yours to let us know where we can continue to improve as a company. While posting on Glassdoor is one avenue to make your voice heard, we also invite any employee that is facing problems to reach out to your HRBP so they are aware and can provide feedback upwards as well. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share, we encourage you to send us an email at inside@indeed.com to continue a confidential discussion.

Found 1092 reviews