Indeed Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba
Hisayuki Idekoba

Pros
  • Smart colleagues, good work-life balance and great leadership (in 34 reviews)

• Great PTO, great 401k, happy hours and other parties monthly (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Making 60 calls a day wasn't for me but if you can do this with no problem then it is a terrific place to work (in 20 reviews)

• This leads to garbage lead generation and inefficient processes (in 16 reviews)

"Great Company, but some department leaders could have more experience."

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Unlimited PTO, WFH options, open to ideas, value employees, great work/life balance.

Cons

Favoritism, some managers/directors do not have enough experience, a lot of favoritism, major changes made with 1 day notice, over time is not given to anyone not on the companies mainline. Merit increases keep decreasing.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and promoting your bar buddies!

"Very Little Red Tape"

Current Employee - Product Evangelist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Evangelist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonomy, trust, simplicity in communication, perks, benefits, travel policy. I can go to leadership with ideas and suggestions and they are genuinely listened to. Teams genuinely believe in the development in product and there are some amazing ideas in the pipeline that seem to be realistic goals.

Cons

I work remote, so sometimes I miss being around peers on a daily basis but I have a flexible travel policy to fly to offices to spend time with teams.

Advice to Management

Stay up to date on product and consider UI/UX desktop/mobile upgrades to remain competitive.

3. "Employees are valued here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything. Great PTO, great 401k, happy hours and other parties monthly. Great pay. Not a single complaint. Lucky to have found a company that cares.

Cons

There are no cons. Work hard and get rewarded here. Not complaints about leadership. Company makes changes to continue massive growth. Cannot complain one bit

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Poor Management and Company Strategy"

Former Employee - Agency Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Agency Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The base pay for account managers was industry but commission was very unstable.

Cons

Bonus is very iffy.

Horrible management on the agency account management side.

Terrible products to sell and not very many at that.

If you are remote good luck on learning anything and you will be pressured to sell what cannot be sold.

The new Google for Jobs will eventually kill them off.

Too many more to quote.

Advice to Management

They don't care.

"Good, Fast-Growing Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, exciting start-up like atmosphere. Upward mobility and opportunity. A lot to be learned in this kind of environment. Great first or second job out of college.

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging; tough-guy Sales management style/bro-culture at times

Apr 11, 2017 – Director, Employer Brand

Thanks for sharing your experience on the sales team in Stamford. We're constantly striving to maintain and improve our culture inside Indeed across departments, and we appreciate your feedback.

7. "Senior Account Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for overall. Even great depending on what position you have.

Cons

No full tuition reimbursement. Very small amount given to employees.

"Growth Opportunities Lacking & Poor Office Morale-- But There are Snacks!"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are the type of person to be distracted by perks such as snacks and monthly happy hours, Indeed is the place for you.

When I first started, I had a genuine love for Indeed's mission and I believed that our company had its employees/clients/job seekers best interests at heart. For example, the work/life balance at Indeed is great, and there's healthcare coverage! The maternity leave here is awesome, and there are some outreach efforts to impact our surrounding community. There is also a portal dedicated to internal mobility-- but the reality of internal growth opportunities is less promising than presented.

Cons

If you're not in one of the main office branches, you can't expect any personal development or career openings for further growth. Additionally, you may have a Manager/Director who will tell you that your feedback is valuable, but will in turn negate any feedback you share; no matter how tactfully you’ve presented it. In some instances, feedback given has been used to negatively impact employees during quarterly reviews. This kind of gaslighting is disappointing, but it's what you can expect if you plan to work in the San Mateo office.

Further, there is blatant favoritism amongst Managers/Directors, even to the point of promoting less experienced Indeed employees to senior positions. Given how political the office culture is, it's starting to resemble high school as opposed to a professional working environment. Managers will often be involved in conversations that are inappropriate for a workplace, and given the corporate structure, there is little that can be done without repercussion.

If you're interested in switching departments, or further developing from the role in which you begin, this is likely not the place for you. It seems to me that Indeed relies on its brand name to attract new talent and indoctrinate new hires into believing that Indeed values more than just its bottom line. In reality, when employees find that this is not the case and leave, this never-ending cycle continues to perpetuate. Many of our most senior employees (3-4 years) have already left Indeed for this reason-- including a CS Manager, who helped influenced the San Mateo office in a positive way. I know that Indeed will do well as its brand will continue to attract new talent, but if I can give you my honest advice after having worked here: please don’t waste your time.

Advice to Management

I give up. I've tried using so many routes to appeal to management at Indeed, but fundamentally, I think there is no real room for change in Indeed's San Mateo office.

"Uninspiring"

Current Employee - Search Quality Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Search Quality Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, breakfast & lunch everyday

Cons

complete lack of growth structure, UNDERPAID, no recognition for hard work. no incentive to be a productive employee since it's impossible to grow and the management doesn't realize or care how much it affects analysts livelihoods

Advice to Management

before moving certain people to leadership roles they should be trained. at the moment, they dictate their team however they feel fit. it's very frustrating to work hard and be under appreciated especially when you are underpaid just because the lead feels like being abrasive for no reason. there is no clear pathway to success in this position and with 50 cent or less raises after a whole year there is no earthly way anyone can make a good career out of this job. this experience has really broken my spirit and i wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless they are going to work here temporarily-i definitely wouldn't recommend working here longer than a year as any time longer than that spent working here is a complete waste of time.

Apr 11, 2017 – Director, Employer Brand

Thanks for sharing your story on the Search Quality team in Austin. This is definitely not the experience that we want our employees to have. We are growing at a rapid pace, and have many different ... More

10. "Great job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great offices around the world and expanding rapidly. Top of the line benefits and amazing opportunities.

Cons

I think I could be making more elsewhere, but that is the pay off with all the benefits.

Advice to Management

none.

"Cliquey, favoritism is prevalent unfortunately"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Indeed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of collaboration to help share best practices for sales. Breakfast everyday, catered lunches on Wednesday's. Generous commission structure.

Cons

Cliquey. Favoritism. While there are times where fun should be warranted, it was a particularly childish atmosphere most times. A lot of the sales personnel feel entitled.

Advice to Management

Train your managers on how to remain impartial to their teams. I brought this manner up to HR, a mentor, and a director, all to fall upon deaf ears.

Apr 12, 2017 – Director, Employer Brand

Thank you for sharing your experience while on the sales team in New York. Rest assured, this will be shared with sales leadership so that we can continue to respect and respond to employee feedback.