Indeed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Indeed Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Dropped off resume at career fair, was offered a technical screen interview the next day. Had 2 people interview me, asked me some questions about my resume and a data structure design problem.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indeed (Austin, TX).

Interview

1. Phone screen with a HR.

2. Video interview with head of data science and one other person asking simple coding question (merge two sorted lists and K-sorted lists) and a simple probability calculation (using Bayes Theorem).

3. Take home assignment where you have to write code to predict salary with a shot write-up

4. On-site with team:
        a. Software Engineering interview: study trees
        b. Know how to build a recommendation engine in 1.5 hours (or something simple that works)
        c. Talk through standard modeling questions (mostly related to rec engines)
        d. Probability and statistics questions (lots of coin flipping puzzles)

Overall their interview process was fairly exhausting compared to other tech companies. They also seem to have a higher bar of technical rigor, which is fine but surprising since they're a Tier-2 tech company (still a great tech company none-the-less).

The head of DS was really welcoming but a lot of the other team members were not particularly pleasant to speak to. Overall fairly neutral.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to study recommendation engines, since this is the bread and butter of their work. They don't really have any interest in your work experience, like many tech interviews.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indeed (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

So unprofessional. I easily met the criteria for this job with my background and experience. This is an entry level position. I met the person for the interview and they were disinterested in me right away. The interview seemed like an inconvieince for the person. Did not want to know anything about my background or experience. They asked me irrevelent questions. Cut me off multiple times when I was speaking. Interview was suppose to last 30 minutes. It lasted 10 minutes. Took me 40 minutes to drive there it would of been nice if the interviewer respected me and my time like I did for them and gave me a 30 minute interview with behavioral or mind-testing questions. Everyones time is valuable so I wish the interviewer would of considered how long it took me to get there and gave me a fair interview.

Its unfortunate that that was my interview experience. I am glad I wasn't offered a position with this company if thats the way they treat me like I am not a human.

The recruiter called me and told me I did not move to the next round which was the only positive thing about the interview process is that the recruiter was hands on with communication.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indeed in September 2017.

Interview

One phone call with HR and then take home. Asked to build a predictive model. I think I did a good job of doing that but was told otherwise. No detailed feedback. I doubt if they have a biased attitude towards the candidates.

Technical Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Process is very unorganized. The hiring manager gave different directions about the interview process tan the actual interview. Company even did not have basic courtesy to inform about the decision after promising a 24 hour update. Interview process was fairly case based. Most interviewers looked down on you on the case studies. They think their way is better than whatever you propose in the case based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. most questions were either case based or generic behavorial.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indeed (Stamford, CT).

Interview

The very first phone call was somewhat unpleasant, just not well performed, questions weren't asked well and it seemed like the interviewer was not prepared for the call. This made the entire conversation just go poorly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you showed initiative while working with a team but were not able to use anyone else for help?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Talked on the phone with a hiring manager. Asked me to run through my resume and typical situational questions. The woman was friendly and made me aware of compensation, benefits packages.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Indeed (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was reached out by the recruiter from Indeed and the interview process started quickly and also the recruiter was very helpful to provide guidance / focus for preparing phone interview, and discussed onsite interview panel with me.
    The phone interview was more Data structure focused and was conducted using codepad where you can run your code and debug.
    The onsite interview was scheduled for a whole day, starting 10am and I walked out of the door about 5:30 pm. The interview panel was very common, one primary and one shadow. White board exercises from engineers and general questions from managers.
    The bad experience was due to the fact that I can see some of the interviewers were not fully prepared, some of the questions didn't fit the role I applied. I had the feeling that they were not fully understand why this role was needed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Indeed.

Interview

Talked with the recruiter, went over basics of why interested, background, thoughts on the company.

After that talked to the hiring manager, covering similar topics to recruiter interview, but at more depth.

The recruiter and hiring manager were nice enough, but they went radio silent afterwards, which was really unprofessional (and ironic for a company that offers recruiting products and services)

Interview Questions

• What kind of companies should Indeed acquire to drive growth?   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Indeed (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, followed by video conf with hiring manager, followed by lengthy day of on-site. On-site consisted of 5 in-person interviews, plus a 2-hour "problem solving" presentation where you present your solution to a problem to a panel of PMs. Lunch on-site with a "lunch buddy".

Interview Questions

• How do you decide whether building a new feature is a good idea, should we do it or not?   1 Answer