KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 162 of over 175 reviews

4.1
Index Exchange President & CEO Andrew Casale
Andrew Casale
Pros
  • "Fair compensation, great work-life balance(in 19 reviews)

• "Free lunches, "unlimited sick days" (though roughly 20 sick days taken per year will affect you and your promotability negatively)(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains of any other successful company(in 16 reviews)

• "PS: The real superstar engineers at IX are modest and great people who are regularly treated poorly as they don't play office politics(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

1 year in, so far so good!

Apr 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very talented teams, amazing clients and product, being with a true market leader. Stocked kitchens, catered lunches, fully paid health benefits. Very transparent and "down to earth" leadership.

Cons

They have been around for a while, with little growth but now are in hyper growth. Lots of growing pains that any startup will go through, but on the plus side, great technology, established A-lister clients and no debt.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An Inefficient Exchange

Apr 21, 2021 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Health Care (fully covered for employees and family members), • 401K match up to 5% • 4 weeks vacation to start, 5 weeks for employees at 5 years and up

Cons

• Changed the unlimited sick day policy DURING Covid to only 12 days (makes no sense to change during a pandemic for illness that takes 14 days to recover from). • Products are behind competitors. The company is playing catch up because leadership was heavily focused on non-revenue driving initiatives for the past 4 years. • Company believes in operating extremely lean and is proud of this fact. However, what they fail to understand, is that they have not built out the tools, training, and processes to handle a lean structure. This has led to overworked, unhappy employees. • Equity plan-vests over 4 years but if you leave before 5, you lose everything (even if its fully vested).

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Understands and appreciates the role of an EA as partner

May 6, 2021 - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

IX values its executive assistants. You work closely with the executive and their direct reports to establish and understand goals and priorities and partner with them to succeed. Project management is a core component of the job role. Continued success and growth even during a pandemic. Constant and updated communication.

Cons

Lots of building and growing going on which sometimes leads to lack of communication and hiccups. Nothing unfamiliar with this stage of growth.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Don't settle for this place

May 2, 2021 - Not Disclosing
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have to potential to get help and reset

Cons

Untrustworthy, unstable, lots of turnover, unskilled staff

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked, understaffed, fire people without addressing the problem.

Mar 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A leading online ad exchange, benefits are very competitive, 4 weeks vacation is nice. Global company with a great rich.

Cons

In about 7 months that I worked at Index, I went through 4 managers, 2 of which were fired within weeks of each other and one who quit. People who were here for about a year on the same team went through six. The GSC team is terribly understaffed, overwhelmed, with low morale, and management is doing nothing to address this. Support for older products has been dropped, yet the newer products lack critical features to support them. Create clear SLAs for the GSC team, GSC cannot be expected to respond to clients immediately on things that require time to investigate, especially when they are overwhelmed with other work. Decided to switch from Jira to Salesforce, Salesforce is for sales people, not support.

8 people found this review helpful

Index Exchange Response

Senior Director of Recruiting

Thank you for your comment. We recognize that we have opportunities to improve our Services organization and are committed to doing so. We are taking action to add experience to the team and re-evaluate internal processes to ensure we meet our clients’ expectations while providing rewarding careers for IXers. We are confident that these changes will make a positive and sustainable improvement for all.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't be fooled by the surface perks. Toxic, unhealthy work environment

May 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

4 wks-vacation days (tho you're "on call" during most of them), snacks/catering, new computer equipment/technology, free health benefits, very strong engineering team, CEO is A+

Cons

very hierarchical and gossipy, mean girls/ high school mentality, NO trust or transparency in anyway, make v. strange/rash decisions about firing people without explanation or sound reasoning and then promote whoever is left, salaries low for industry by a lot ( they try to hide it), work atmosphere is always suspicious and anxiety very high, HR group is a complete mess- recruiting in US is embarrassing and unprofessional (feedback from current candidates), HR "leaders" except learning/development team are not trustworthy, incompetent, unqualified and generally not good people ( I worry about their decision making abilities), little room for advancement unless you're a favorite, they're having a hard time scaling the business as it grows, too many fake insincere people, “because I said so” decision rationale, bad work/life balance

7 people found this review helpful

Index Exchange Response

Senior Director of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your perspective. We encourage you to speak to your immediate manager or ELT member regarding your experience and how to improve it. It’s important for all of our employees to feel supported and have a voice, and working with their manager or ELT member is the first step. We are here to support you and ensure you are working in an environment that is positive, supportive and allows you to be yourself at work. At Index Exchange, we take feedback seriously and have numerous vehicles to facilitate it including 1:1s, employee surveys and open dialogue sessions to understand the employee experience and where improvements are necessary. Like any growing company, we have opportunities to improve and we’re committed to doing so.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Entry Level Position

Dec 2, 2020 - Buyer Services Coordinator in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given autonomy and independence relatively early on once you prove your understanding

Cons

There is a large learning curve

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

On a slippery slope but salvageable with divine intervention

May 21, 2020 - Client Facing Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits (401K match, vacation policy, maternity leave). Strong technical infrastructure. Good sense of culture (though harder for a new or remote employee to tap into).

Cons

For a company that promotes transparency one cannot help but feel shadiness in every corner. Big announcements that should be rolled out in phases get announced last minute (deprecation of entire teams, the firing of team leads, changes to processes, big product announcements), with little to no heads up. When asked for help in rolling out these changes, executive leadership will leave rollout and communication to the client-facing individuals with little to no support but will then get frustrated when individuals are still confused months later. They'll ask for feedback on changes implemented but won't do anything with it. It's not uncommon for the conversation, "Hey, did you know XX got let go a few weeks ago?" to occur among employees. For the past couple years, goals and quotas haven't been announced until halfway through the relevant quarter. It's worrying that the past year has seen many key departures, mostly former-champions of the company. Everyone has at least 3x the book of business they can actually support as replacements for those departures have yet to be filled and orphaned clients get redistributed to the remaining team members. The actual tools are awfully outdated, hindering the quality and speed of support to clients. Every year the teams surface requests to MGMT on suggestions that should be made to the interface and back-end resources to better their day to day but 95% of those get ignored and appear to not be deemed a priority by executives. These concerns have been bubbled up to upper management repeatedly and it's evident that they paint a different picture of the true morale to their own higher ups. Though the benefits are great, monetary compensation is below tech industry average.

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Pretty Amazing Experience So Far

Feb 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

A 5 star review for me is extremely rare, but here's why (at least on the team I'm in): - Friendly and environment where you can get to know your coworkers without having the constant pressure of "doing your job" like a robot every single day. Everyone that I have met at the company have been nothing but amazingly nice. - The work challenges you and pushes you to learn more about everything from the industry, all the way down to the technical implementation of the technology. The company offers tons of training on various topics and will ensure that they do their best to accommodate whatever it is you want to learn at the company. - Amazing benefits all around. From health, to commuter benefits, gym benefits, etc. - Pretty nice & modern office with higher than average equipment - Catered lunches - Lots of swag handed at a fun company events during the holidays - My team has been extremely supportive and it's the closest I've been to coworkers - Direct manager is willing to guide you through all of the questions you have and extremely patient when it comes to understanding adtech concepts. I work on a more technical team so it's important to know everything from a high level and deeper level

Cons

- Lower than average salary. Even though the initial offer is decent as a starting salary, after doing a bit more research, the salary for my current position at this company is MUCH lower than our core competitors. Even though the benefits are great, the salary is a LARGE part of why people stay. - Upper leadership (executive team and CEO) are great and extremely friendly. Probably some of the nicest people I have ever met. However, there's a HUGE disconnect between what upper leadership is trying to do holistically and the reality on the ground with the teams that actually execute. Leadership need to stop hiring more "managers" and "directors" and hire more people who actually do the work and gain feedback from them. - Office politics. There isn't THAT much and I don't believe there's anything there to hinder your career path or progression, but it can feel like certain people hold more authority in a room because of politics - The company is growing FAST and typical growing pains of a company are always challenging. Great for people who want to jump into opportunity, horrible for people who rely and are comfortable with a stable organizational structure. We've lost some extremely talented teammates because of this, but the company is doing great.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great place to learn and gain technical accumen

Aug 17, 2020 - Senior Solutions Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team, resources to learn and advance career

Cons

-silo'd, not concrete career growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews