Innovative Interfaces, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Innovative Interfaces, Inc CEO James Tallman
James Tallman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work Life balance is fairly good (in 6 reviews)

• Good people who are passionate about what they do (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems to only care about turning a profit (in 8 reviews)

• High Turnover in middle management (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Doing the right things to turn the culture around"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are dedicated employees who love their jobs and a great client base! The new Executive team understands the software industry and the business changes required to become an elite software provider. The high performance culture of accountability is taking hold and our customers have noticed.

Cons

Like every company, some employees are stuck in the past and don't have the drive to improve along with the company, nor do they want to help educate the customers. Additionally, there seems to be a lack of business acumen that needs to be remedied. All fixable with a strong leadership team.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward! Change is always uncomfortable and difficult but we can tell you care.

2. "Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Competitive salary and benefits
    -Talented workforce
    -Pleasant environment
    -Strive for Continual growth

Cons

-limited growth opportunity (typical for this size company)

Advice to Management

N/A

"Fix on fail mentality for the last 5 yeata"

Former Employee - Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The customers, other staff are the brightest and best in the industry

Cons

No real HR department; constant layoffs and theregote loss of intellectual capital; high executive turnover and constant reorganization have the staff suffering from apathy and PTSD. No real plan to drive change and dix issues

Advice to Management

Liaten to your middle managers! Figure out what is wrong before randomly trying to fix what isn't broken while ignoring the elephants in all the rooms

4. "A Great Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros to working at Innovative comes down to a lot a lot of things.

For an employee straight out of college, this company has given me an opportunity to start my career in a comfortable environment, along with learning about products we sell to school libraries, public libraries, other private companies, and Museum's alike.

Along with their interesting product, they have a lot of history with. They have expanded their product to meet up with new standards have continued to sell their product around the world.

When working at Innovative, you gain a different perspective of where technology has branched itself too.

Cons

Not many things to complain about other than being a smaller company, so if you are looking for a very competitive environment, you will probably get more of that somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great company doing good things"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time

Pros

Work with great, talented people who are passionate about the product. We are able to collaborate with co-workers around the world. Daily activity and projects are never boring. Strong measurable company goals to work toward. Professional development is encouraged. Compensation isn't awesome, but fair. Great benefits!

Cons

My mom taught me that if I can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Advice to Management

Please communicate the long game with all employees, not just the new c-level folks. Tight lips just leads to speculation and negativity which hurts the numbers.

"One step forward ..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some great colleagues, good 1st level managers, and some of the best libraries in the world, make Innovative an interesting place to work.

Cons

No pay increases, loss of experienced colleagues, unlimited time off which is not, in fact, unlimited, and some general cluelessness in upper management, makes working at Innovative much harder than it should.

Advice to Management

Here's a clue for upper management: middle management is telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to know. Like everyone else, they're afraid the ax will fall and they will be cut loose.

7. "Hard work, positive change, good people"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time

Pros

Good people who are passionate about what they do
    Pleasant work environment
    Excellent recruiting function - they invest tons of time in the candidate and making sure the fit is a good one
    New management understands new business models and has also allowed old management to focus on their strengths

Cons

Somewhat hierarchical which doesn't fit well with a software company trying to be innovative
    Silos between departments which need to come down if we are going to be enterprise class
    Boundaries are not always clear
    Culturally, the business does not appreciate a direct communicator
    There seems to be a disconnection from the senior management down to the daily operation - possibly because they are very very busy

Advice to Management

Involve stakeholders from other departments in planning, communicate, identify the processes as they are rolled out. Have a feedback mechanism.

"SO SO SO BAD"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time

Pros

Honestly not many. I guess one would be you get to meet new people all of the time because of high turn over.

Cons

So many, misguided, leadership struggles tremendously, people are unmotivated and disengaged. Customers even think we are a joke now (this wasn't always the case).

Advice to Management

They're too high and mighty to take advice. The new CEO is not a CEO. Good news is I've been recruited out of this place and will be telling them shortly. See ya!

"iii is on the right direction"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the new executive team members who came in over the past few months along with the CEO who joined in early 2016 are making the right moves to make the company an enterprise class one. A challenging environment where every one can contribute to company's success and also feel that they are making a difference to its success. It has been one of the jobs where I feel very satisfied at the end of the day over the past year and a half....

Cons

No salary increases has been disappointing

Advice to Management

Revisit the salary hikes (all expenses have increased including insurance!), keep the energy high and add more talent...

"Promised Raises, Delayed Raises, No Raises"

I have been working at Innovative Interfaces, Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers, friendly library atmosphere, challenging and exciting career for a librarian.

Cons

Underpaid

Promised raises effective July 17th. Fair market study was announced, raises postponed until outcome in September. Money was said to have been set aside for raises. CEO brags about growth and profitability.

Outcome of study not released in September.

October 11th, company was told merit-based increases will not be given this year. After receiving performance reviews in the first half of the year, and being told raises were coming July 15th.

Advice to Management

COMMUNCATION. This is flat-out insulting, cruel, and incompetent. We understand if the company is not profitable; but hearing the CEO brag about money, upper management talk about bonus structures, then be told 3 months after we expect a raise that we will not be getting them this year? Talk about disrespecting your employees.