Inova Reviews

Updated May 26, 2022

Found 1,663 of over 1,815 reviews

3.7
Inova CEO J. Stephen Jones (no image)
J. Stephen Jones

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

10h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Healthcare

31.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Inova~6293
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good Benefits ( Medical/Dental/PTO (was fair)(in 165 reviews)
  • "The moral and people are great.(in 83 reviews)
  • "Staff is friendly and try their best despite being overworked.(in 60 reviews)
  • "Very flexible and great coworkers(in 47 reviews)
  • "Culture is great and the people here really care about doing a good job in everything they do.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and disconnect from their employees(in 124 reviews)
  • "Low pay and could be more flexible(in 121 reviews)
  • "Need to review how they invest in employees has one of the highest employee turnover rate and has few women and minorities in Senior Leadership.(in 38 reviews)
  • "turnover rate, upper management more concerned about what makes the hospital money instead of patient safety/well(in 32 reviews)
  • "Salaries seem low for the amount/type of work and the high cost of living in the area(in 31 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Inova and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee
    Featured Review

Great company !

Oct 5, 2021 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company ! Truly invest in your success

Cons

No complaints at all !

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy you had such a positive experience with us! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

2. 5.0

Innovating

May 2, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of new programs and initiatives

Cons

Very fast paced, interdepartment communication

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good money for starters.....

May 26, 2022 - Security Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay Great benefits Flexible hours Good work-life balance

Cons

* Too much micromanagement * IT leadership sucks (David Pete & David Q) has no idea where they're leading INOVA as far as IT * No on-call pay * Poor helpdesk support * All management care about is making customers happy without following proper IT protocols or procedures. This could be part of the reasons why patients' info can be confiscated in the future. * No room for growth if you're looking to potentially advance on your skillsets

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great at core, but drifting at edges

Apr 29, 2022 - Vice President in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inova is exceptional at patient care. As a mission-driven focus, there is great innovation and attention to building an integrated approach to healthcare. CEO and C-suite and clinical leaders are very accessible to all levels and is very present with staff. Significant ongoing investments in people. Seeing behind the curtain, would definitely only go to Inova for my own and family's medical services - they are simply the best.

Cons

Highly matrix and confusing chain of command, decision making. Administrative functions outside of patient care do not have a seat at the table - valued for largely for reactive response, Don't expect to be in the know if you are not in a patient care department. Senior leadership is very paternalistic and starting to blur edges of advocacy into areas of staff's personal life. Recent expansive requirements over vaccines and religious exemptions have polarized what had been building to be a great, inclusive culture. Stale, outdated approach to technology (slowly improving)

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Inova, we want to ensure that team members feel support from our leadership team, so we regret to hear that your experience has not been what we strive to create for team members. Our goal is to create an environment that features open communication, so all team members feel they have the support and resources needed to be successful. As we continue to grow as an organization, we recognize there will be opportunities for improvement. We appreciate your feedback and dedication to our patients as we continue to grow.

5. 4.0

Inova

May 25, 2022 - Public Health
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a ton of gainful employment

Cons

If you are not a nurse, kind of not important

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Experience but they wouldn't pay to keep me

Apr 29, 2022 - Mental Health Therapist in Mount Vernon, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My particular floor was terrific to work on. The experience was more educational then any class I ever took in grad school. I genuinely felt like a respected member of the team

Cons

The hospital as a whole seemed to be withholding resources to our floor. Especially when compared to other hospitals within the Inova system. Eventually this led to an unsafe work environment and a feeling I was working more then I was getting compensated for. When I left I stayed in my field of mental health but saw a pay bump of more than 48% to do a job with a significant reduction in stress.

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your sharing your experience. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience working at Inova. Our goal at Inova is to provide our team members with the resources needed for success and safety in the workplace. We understand there is always room for improvement, so we appreciate your feedback.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

May 24, 2022 - Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment and great support from team and manager

Cons

Can’t think of any besides have to work the weeneds

8. 4.0

n/a

May 26, 2022 - Project Lead in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

place to learn and grow

Cons

old school culture. No training

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ease of department changes a plus

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams and caring staff

Cons

Only certain departments had good management, others were really bad about staff

10. 5.0

Clin Tech

May 25, 2022 - Clinical Technician in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

i dont know i dont know

Cons

hard to have work ife balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,663 Reviews

Inova Reviews FAQs

Inova has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,815 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Inova to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Inova employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Inova. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

75% of Inova employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Inova 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Inova to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Inova Job Seekers