Inscape Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Brian Mirsky
  1. "Friendly company"

Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Inscape Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great people to work with. Fair benefits and interesting work.

Cons

Low pay, and a lack of support in some areas. Whatever the board wants happens, so if your department is viewed badly by the board then there is little you can do to save it.

Inscape Corp2019-06-06
  2. "Good people, minimal advancement or raises"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falconer, NY

I have been working at Inscape Corp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

People are great to work with, and new blood is giving hope for positive change. Management allows a lot of flexibility.

Cons

There is really no opportunity for advancement unless you are in the corporate office. Walls employees are not advocated for by their management nor enabled/allowed to broaden their skill-sets or make advancements or lateral moves. There is a major disconnect between the walls factory and the corporate office, walls is treated as the company's "red-headed stepchild" and is an after-thought in all corporate changes... and marketing.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to feel like we are one big family, not two separate divisions, one being lesser than the other. Allow people opportunity for advancement, and figure out how to give people basic cost-of-living raises. Stop creating pointless "programs" that look good on paper but never amount to anything other than wasted time. Fix manual processes that cause mistakes & are an inefficient use of time.

Inscape Corp2018-07-25
  3. "Quality Engineer"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Falconer, NY

I have been working at Inscape Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Vast knowledge of fabricated walls both in office and factory.

Cons

Office process is not modernized.

Advice to Management

Modernize the office process.

Inscape Corp2016-10-08
  4. "Positioned for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Inscape Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Inscape makes great products. Inscape has great people. New management team has the company positioned for growth. New alliances with West Elm, Designtex, and European partners have brought many new award-winning products

Cons

Lack of distribution has hampered our ability to get products to market High turnover, even at senior management has hampered efforts to move forward.

Advice to Management

The problem has been stability. Everything is in place to catapult Inscape to a market leader but management needs to stay the course and keep building on momentum.

Inscape Corp2016-08-31
  5. "Management at corporate was inaccessible and there was a huge disconnect with them and reps in the field."

Former Employee - Territory Manager, Manufacturer's Representative

I worked at Inscape Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product not well represented, so there was the opportunity to penetrate the market. Health care benefits were good; dealer was responsive and committed to selling the line.

Cons

The regional manager I was to work with resigned the day I got on board; after several months a new manager was hired who decided to change the business model in my area and utilize a rep group (their friend's) on commission instead of a factory rep on salary, thus my position was eliminated without warning.

Advice to Management

Executive managers at corporate should show an interest in what's going on in the field and give a voice to the feet on the stree, not go solely on the opinions of a middle manager who might have his own agenda.

Inscape Corp2014-10-04
  6. "Good job experience with management downfalls"

Former Employee - Design Applications Consultant

I worked at Inscape Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product and manufacturing experience. Learned a lot about product and application. Ample training opportunities but lacked direction with execution in the market place.

Cons

Lack of direction within company and management provided little guidance for growth and advancement. HR was fully engaged with in house employees, but field employees were left to flounder with little to no communication and direction. If you work in the field for this company, unless you have a strong sense of advocating for yourself, there will be some confusion about where you fit in. In house employees treat... field employees like outsiders and the company culture has been known to quietly endorse that mentality. "Give them enough rope to hang themselves."

Advice to Management

HR & Management need to be on the same page. Mixed messages throughout company between corporate and field employees.

Inscape Corp2014-06-20

"Do not ruin your career by joining this company-absolute worst ever!"

Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Inscape Corp full-time for more than a year

Pros

They will sell you a pipe dream of being on the ground floor of developing a new, better organization. They may give you a high salary but you will be back looking for a job within 9months to a year. I can think of 11 people off the top of my head that were in this postion. It was not just me.

Cons

Sexist; from the owner down. Respects fluff that old men tell them spouting off acrynms over a woman who has relationships within the governement agency from which they are trying to win a project. Disorganized, arrogant, spendy without a plan. Pits their rep groups against direct employees. Imagine raw meat being thrown of the floor and having to fight it out like dogs. If you live in Holland Landing Canada as... a designer, you may have a different experience. Do NOT work for this company in the US.

Advice to Management

Figure it out.

Inscape Corp2014-05-07
  8. "Company has no clear direction"

Former Employee - Specification Coordinator

I worked at Inscape Corp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people in Holland Landing

Cons

I was played off 1 month before complete investment in 401k. Not sure if the same mgt is still there. The company doesn't have a clear direction for growth. Still feel they can play with the big boys

Advice to Management

Figure out a strategy for growth and stick with it so your employees and reps know what is expected.

Inscape Corp2014-03-10
  9. "Can't we all just be mutually supportive?"

Area Manager

I worked at Inscape Corp

Pros

Inspired, innovative, yet practical, solution driven furniture; excellent customer service at corporate; outstanding response to custom requests; promising marketing initiatives.

Cons

Little access to upper management and delayed or no sharing of information; no opportunities to be heard; lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive in geographically distant markets when asked by remote field reps to participate in their business development activities.

Inscape Corp2009-07-30
  10. "Friendly people, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, ON

I have been working at Inscape Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quiet location outside the GTA Competitive pay Opportunities to advance Great management team

Cons

Benefits aren't as advanced as some larger companies, but still good

Advice to Management

Continue making progress refining processes and getting Inscape on the map marketing-wise

Inscape Corp2019-03-29