Cover image for Insource Services

74% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 24 of over 25 reviews

3.8
Insource Services President and CEO Bruce Hain (no image)
Bruce Hain

132 Comments

Consulting

448.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Insource Services~244258
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Insource Services? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Insource Services employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Insource is a great place to work!

Aug 15, 2022 - IT Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture - The use of technologies, such as team, makes working remotely easy and fun - Interesting work that is constantly changing

Cons

Could use more standardization and readily available documentation of processes

HR

Thank you for your review! We too agree that more standardization and documentation would be helpful and have several initiatives underway this year to move us toward increased standardization. We are experiencing rapid growth and are quickly outgrowing some of the systems/processes that served us well in the past. All of our consulting areas as well as our corporate areas have initiatives underway to streamline our processes to keep up with this growth and the increasing need for coordinated systems and training in those systems. If you have specific systems you think we should pay particular attention to, please your team lead or one of us in HR - we'd love to hear more to inform our priorities. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

2. 4.0

Good company, hard work

Sep 13, 2022 - Human Resources Business Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company cares about its employees (surprise gifts at home, gift cards) ,primarily remote work, the ability to create my own schedule,

Cons

Does not pay at the market rate for the level of work as a consultant. Consulting is hard work! Having multiple clients, multiple systems, processes, styles, cultures - it's hard to balance it all. You get a ton of experience, but it's the same type of work over and over - just different clients.

HR

Thank you for your feedback. We regularly look at our pay rates but your feedback reminds us that we need to constantly prioritize this and be sure we are paying competitively. Consulting is hard (and rewarding) work for sure. Some people love the variety and balancing between clients but it's not for everyone and pay can be a challenge because our roles are somewhat unique and are not the same as in-house positions. We have invested in benefits this year by increasing our health insurance contribution but that too is something we will continue to look at and invest in. We offer unlimited time off for staff who have been with us for over two years. I'd urge you to see HR if you have questions about it. You made an interesting comment about the work being the same between clients. Many of our clients hire us to help them build or bolster HR infrastructure so in that sense, it can be similar across clients. That said, HR requirements are always changing, and working with small to mid-sized clients often requires creative solutions to meet often unique or specific needs. The stronger the client relationship, the more expansive the work tends to get. Perhaps talk to your manager about the type of work or projects you like and we can consider that feedback to inform staffing decisions for different client needs. Thank you for your feedback!

3. Join the Insource Services team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Great place to work!

Oct 2, 2022 - Finance Team
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging but rewarding work. connection to multiple clients is interesting and drives purpose in the daily grind. Team leads have focused on helping me learn and grow-doesn’t happen everywhere!

Cons

Repetitive work (but that’s typical), sometimes you can feel like your scrambling and sometimes not have enough to do (also typical of a monthly cycle).

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work! Collaboration and A+ environment.

Aug 4, 2022 - HR- Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, great work-life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of!

HR

Thank you so much for the kind words. Working with amazing colleagues, work/life balance and delivering top-tier service are what we strive for and pleased to read the experience has been positive for you. Thank you for taking the time to share.

6. 2.0

Mic

Sep 20, 2022 - Finance Consultant in Wellesley, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

.Great team of people, makes things work with no support

Cons

Poor upper management, no support

HR

Sorry to hear this. Have you shared your concerns with HR or your manager? We'd urge you to provide this feedback directly so that we can improve your experience and understand how we can better support you. If you don't feel comfortable going to your manager, please feel free to speak with anyone on our Leadership Team you do feel comfortable with. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with your colleagues; we do have a great group of people! Thank you for sharing the feedback.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jun 29, 2022 - Technical Support in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn a lot , expect to work a lot as well Management listens Good environment to get your feet wet in the game

Cons

A lot of work might fall on your plate time to time Depending on the clients you support you might be driving a lot

HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience working with us.

8. 4.0

Great Opportunity

Apr 6, 2022 - Senior HR Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work with a variety of organizations, challenging & rewarding work, autonomy, making a difference for the organizations

Cons

A lot of keep track of working with multiple clients, sometimes difficult to effect change when not inside the organization.

HR

We are glad to hear you enjoy the variety of our client base; we often hear that the diversity of clients we serve is what makes our work so unique and rewarding for employees. As you shared, along with this reward comes a unique balancing challenge. In most cases, we are a full partner with our clients and become an extension of their team, but there are times when we are less able to effect change because our role is more narrowly defined. We are committed to paying our staff fairly, and constantly explore new ways to recognize, reward, and demonstrate our commitment to employees. Sometimes this comes in the form of enhanced traditional benefits – for example, this year we increased the amount Insource contributes to health insurance, and in spite of a substantial increase in health insurance premiums, all participating employees experienced a decrease in their contributions. We are committed to creating and nurturing a respectful and learning-oriented environment that does good work. Your comments are appreciated, and we'll continue to strive to pay competitively and enhance our compensation package as we continue to grow.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Consultant

Jul 8, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is flexible and good learning.

Cons

Didn’t feel very invested in the clients organizations

HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We work hard to create a continuous learning environment so we are glad to hear that you valued that. Working with multiple clients provides daily learning opportunities but it's important to us to provide ongoing internal development through Insource University and team training. We're sorry you didn't feel connected to your clients. We work with so many fascinating clients and work with them in a variety of ways- in ongoing relationships, on projects, etc. If you have any suggestions you think we could benefit from that might have helped you feel more invested in your clients, we'd love to hear them. Thank you again for your feedback.

10. 4.0

Great people

Mar 24, 2022 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great environment.

Cons

Just like most companies, it takes time to change processes or procedures.

HR

Working with great people and continually focusing on how to improve is what motivates many of us at Insource. We continue to add strong staff and with our rapid growth comes a lot of necessary process scaling to keep up. Fueled by the growth and the required shifts prompted by COVID in the last couple of years, we are currently engaged in an organizational initiative to process map many of our standard operating procedures to move us to the next stage of our development. We're trying and your comment was a reminder that we need to keep focused on this. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Learning Atmosphere

Feb 9, 2022 - IT Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot with the job. I was able to learn much more than I would at any other company/ it firm. The job entails diverse systems with all of the different clients you have.

Cons

Low 'ish pay for Boston area.

HR

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear you had a great learning experience while at Insource. Not only do we all get exposure and experience with the clients we support but we are committed to creating a learning environment internally as well. Insource University was designed to provide more structured staff development opportunities and we continue to expand those opportunities and the curriculum. We also pay close attention to market rates and adjust our pay ranges regularly. Your comment suggests we need to look even more regularly at these ranges and be sure we a paying competitively. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews
</>Embed

Insource Services Reviews FAQs

Insource Services has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 25 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Insource Services to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Insource Services employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Insource Services. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

74% of Insource Services employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Insource Services 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Insource Services to be career development, management, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Insource Services Job Seekers