Intelex Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Intelex Technologies President and CEO Mark Jaine
Mark Jaine

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Company is growing by burning out their current employees (in 9 reviews)

• Work-life balance could be improved on at this organization despite the claim (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Nothing worth doing is easy - but company making great strides"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

- Market leader in our segment, fantastic growth potential
    - Software helps corporate customers reduce impact on the environment and improve the health and safety of their employees - a very worthy cause
    - Significant increase in talent across the business over the past 18 months
    - Staff are overwhelmingly friendly, dedicated and embrace teamwork
    - loads of career potential for people who work hard and perform

Cons

- With fast growth comes lots of change, it can be fun but also challenging at times
    - Many reviews note exiting of some employees as new roles/people brought on (I don't think this is a bad thing as business trying to up the expectations of our talent pool)
    - Some legacy employees do not like change and seem overly negative (as evidenced in some reviews)

Advice to Management

Stay the course. The business has great potential and we have lots of great people to achieve this. Legacy staff that don't like new challenges should move on if they are not committed to building a bigger and better company.

"Dynamic, forward-focused company"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is laser focused on be(com)ing the best. They expect much from their employees and match that expectation with great benefits and clear communication. There is tremendous opportunity for growth. This company has the desire to do the right thing, and values its employees. This is a highly social company.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but there are a lot of moving parts - plan to keep up. If you are looking for slow and steady, this is not that company.

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, benefits, flexibility, transparency, smart people

Cons

Bonuses are not that great.

"Limited Training"

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, very nice coworkers

Cons

Limited training considering complexity of required tasks

"Amazing Place To Work"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

I have had a great experience working here, and there are plenty of opportunities for the people who actually work hard and contribute positively.

Cons

Unfortunately as the company has expanded it has accumulated it's share of entitled employees. These kind of people are not be happy here, but would not be happy anywhere.

Advice to Management

The company is not perfect, but management is well aware of the the issues, they just need to be more agile at times in identifying the root of the problem and taking action.

"Miserable. Don't believe the positive reviews."

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

.Nice location
    .Certain people are great
    .Free breakfasts once a week

Cons

.'In crowd' been around company for long time running things without any understanding of the real world
    .good culture means constantly kissing up to members of the 'in crowd'
    .Key people let go and other key people marginalized
    .Latest direction pushed by ceo is incoherent and demonstrates lack of basic business skills

Advice to Management

Act like a real company, fire the clique. I so cant wait to get out of here

"Business Development"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-culture and collaboration across the organization
    -in the BDR role everyone's ideas are heard and considered

Cons

-Nothing that's unique to Intelex

Advice to Management

-help to build of a more formal on boarding process for new hires in the role

Jan 2, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking time to share your experience and perspectives! We have taken note on your suggestion on building a formal onboarding process for new hires.

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Cool office, many perks, including gym membership, once a week breakfast, and all the millennial toys. Great culture.

Cons

No company is perfect, but can't think of anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Make employee retention one of your top priorities.

Jan 2, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for your reflections as a alumni! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience here at Intelex. Employees are a top priority for us and have made note of your... More

9. "Events Coordinator"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Wonderful culture and work environment.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Jan 2, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing about how awesome our culture and work environment is!

"Two Stars, But Once Five"

I have been working at Intelex Technologies full-time

Pros

Two stars is the absolute best I could do for this company’s present state. It’s a large shame because I can remember a time where I would give this company 5 stars without even having to think twice about it.

Reason for Star One: Most of the people. They are some amazing people that work at Intelex. They are kind, funny and generous. They make your decision to leave a hard one to make.

Reason for Star Two: The company does have a great ‘save the world’ mantra that they stand by and try to execute. The software is always being updated by their brilliant research and development team. And guess what? When you work there, you feel like you are contributing something good for the world. And this is always something to proud of.

Cons

Lack of Star One: Some of the people. Yes, star one was dedicated to those who make it hard to think about moving on. But this star is dedicated to those people who make it easy for you to understand why you always think about moving on. There are so many issues from those in the VP & Director levels. The real reason behind this unprofessionalism? The people who are there are selected not on experience level but on conditions that no one can ever understand. Conditions that are obviously manufactured behind closed doors or at some karaoke night or other.

Lack of Star Two: The culture at Intelex used to be something to be proud of. Before I explain this, please get one thing straight. The culture at a company is not about celebrating birthdays, drink until you drop events and going to baseball games. It’s about a feeling of being welcomed. Yes, you can give a ‘welcome/ new hire’ flag to the new employees and they will feel on top of the world for a few weeks until they see how dark the environment actually is. I can’t even count the number of times new hires have told me how the recruiters made the company look like gold in the interview process and then a few months in it’s ‘not at all like they promised’.

Lack of Star Three: There is a promise of career development always thrown in your face. Where do you want to be in the next few years? How do we go about doing that for you? Those are all lies. Opportunities present themselves and people who are unqualified get chosen because they want an already experienced employee to stay right where they are. This is not fair and the reason why so many amazing employees have left the company in the last year. Look into this Intelex or else you will lose everyone that made this company so great.

Advice to Management

Pro’s: Breakfast Thursday, Cake Time, Events and the CEO.

He is a good person who really wants the best for his company. My advice to him is to take a step back and look around him. It is not fair to pretend that your company is not changing in a very bad way. This is not just a phase. This is the time where good decisions need to be made. Put your trust in people that deserve it and that have shown you loyalty above all things and reward those who actually deserve it.

Good luck you once rated 5 star company! You’re going to need it!

Jan 2, 2018 – Corporate Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking time to share your experience and perspectives! We're always interested in what colleagues experience. Please continue to bring forward your ideas, suggestions and recommendations... More