InteliSecure Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Steven Drew

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Current Enterprise Account Manager"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Sales centric organization focused on regular change to remove barriers for Enterprise Account Managers
    - Open lines of communication with leadership, including executive leadership. Leaders from throughout the organization are open to assist with deals, and they are open to constructive feedback related to the sales process.
    - Unlike my experience working for a large corporate vendor, InteliSecure's size makes it so everyone in the organization is a stakeholder in your success. If you communicate what you need to be successful you will be heard.
    - Autonomy. You get what you put into your territory. Company expectations for the Enterprise Account Managers are clearly defined. If you have the right amount of output you never have to wonder where you stand with leadership.
    - Ongoing development and training
    - Fair quotas
    - Tenured and industry leading security services practice. InteliSecure retains some of the top info sec engineering talent in the industry. As a salesperson it is a huge differentiation when I go to battle.
    - Services only top vendors for DLP, SIEM, Gateway Security, Vulnerability Management. There are also a number of security assessments and consulting offerings. If you understand the value proposition for everything you can sell you will walk away from every meeting with a new sales opportunity.

Cons

- InteliSecure is not a household name. It takes concerted effort to get an initial meeting with a prospects.
    - Marketing maturity. InteliSecure needs a greater sense of urgency around production of relevant materials and publicity. Meaningful sponsorship and rich social media content are lacking.
    - There are a lot of solutions and services to navigate. Ramp up can be difficult if you've never worked in a services organization or with the products InteliSecure services.

2. "The times they are a changing"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leaders and consistent growth. The team that has been assembled over the last year is starting to show what they can do.

Cons

More work than people to do it. High Speed, Low Drag.

Advice to Management

Don't just empower employees to take ownership, demand it, support it, trumpet it when it occurs.

3. "Organization in need of organization"

Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managed services leadership, engineers and analysts are some fun people and I definitely made some interesting friends.

Cons

No one works together between departments. Each department leader has their own vision of how they will lead the development of the next "big thing" only to fail because of misguided ambition and pride. It appears top leadership is scared to get their hands dirty and are no where to be found.

Advice to Management

Take control of your destiny and do not make everyone think they should be driving the success of the company with this "ownership mentality" then everyone thinks they are the CEO and adherence to a centralized plan of action out the window. Take control, make a plan and delegate to accomplish the plan.

4. "Meat Grinder"

Former Employee - SOC Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - SOC Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Millennial environment if that's your cup of tea

Cons

This place is a meat grinder. The turn over is horrible and they have problems retaining some of their best talent. If you get into the clique crowd then you're set, but those that try and maintain a work/life balance, are hard workers and have good talent are over worked and underpaid

5. "New management new culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They brought in a whole new management team starting with the VP of Managed of the SOC, VP of Marketing, VP of Sales and ending with brand new CEO. This new team is either really lucky or pretty good at figuring how take care of their employees and at the same time make the company profitable again. Maybe its just the fact that it is profitable again but a lot of the nervousness and stress about getting fired seems to have gone away. They are hiring better people than before. People who actually know how to do the job before they start and people at the entry level who want to learn how to do the job. So the mix of folks with experience and talent is lot more balanced. They are promoting a lot of people especially in the SOC where they created a bunch of new positions and they are hiring a lot of people again. They also bought a company in the UK and they are letting some folks go live and work for extended periods.

Cons

This place is small. Less than 200 people. So a lot of big company benefits aren't there yet. They do have health benefits, direct deposit, 401K with some match, but they are still reluctant to let people work from home. Which is confusing since they will consider letting you move to England but not let you work from your apartment down the street. Also they got rid of their off the grid program. So now more company sponsored ski or whitewater rafting trips. :( The hours can be long especially in their SOC so a little work from home would be nice.

Advice to Management

Bring back the whitewater rafting trip! Also don't let the fast growth in profit mean that you can burn your people out. Keep paying the bonuses

"Drop the life boats."

Former Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The view is spectacular from the SOC. There is a lot of information transfer between engineers and analysts and you never have to be afraid to talk to someone.

Cons

I started just under 2 years ago, and my initial experience was extremely positive. The culture was fantastic, I never needed to worry about my job security, they had plenty of fun events, I got lots of training, and they respected my off time. That all is changing. Management expects you to have an "ownership mentality" without actually giving you any "ownership"; it's just an excuse to expect you to stay later for the same pay. Pay is extremely low for the position --- like $30k/year low. They treat people like slaves and when you bring up an issue you can expect to be suddenly "laid off" with no warning. Even the CEO and senior members bailed ship a few months ago.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to change everything at once. Most of the changes you are making and moving towards are changes that other more experienced and bigger manages service providers have moves away from. Stop focusing on the bottom line -- your service is failing your clients and they see it as much as we do.

"Okay place to get your start, don't plan on staying"

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer
    Former Employee - Network Security Engineer

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation, nice area, upscale apartments close to the office, good food in the building next door.

Cons

In one word, Unprofessional. Frequently there were drinking contests at company meetings and the CEO would stumble around the office drunk. If you're a travelling consultant there is effectively no work/life balance. COO is petty and takes everything personally.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, you have loads of talented people coming into the organization, then you keep them in their positions until they quit. Reach out and try to rehire your best former employees, do whatever it takes, they built your company into what it is.

"Professional Services"

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time

Pros

Ability to impact change is amazing! Evolution of career growth and formalized career path has stabilized previous turnover issues and provided a foundation for an upward trajectory. Leadership change from the top-down has ushered in an era of measurable and achievable goals company-wide. Common-sense approach from management is welcomed across the board. Strong team structure within Professional Services and solid working relationship with Program Management.

Cons

Some individuals in management appear to be somewhat resistant to the improved vision and still cling to their own self-interest in their particular line of business.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon the foundation of your Professional Service engagements to provide opportunities across the remaining lines of business. Continue to seek actionable advice from your employees, as it is already paying dividends across the board.

"Growth, Performance, & Team"

Current Employee - Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The growth of the organization has been amazing. More especially, working here has been and continues to be a tremendous learning experience. The talent and camaraderie of the entire Team are just as amazing, and the highlight of each of my days here.
    Every day is a new challenge, and the demand for productivity and performance is high, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Each Team Member holds the other accountable for performing, innovating, collaborating, and driving further growth in the company. We thrive on each other's ideas and successes, recognizing (at least weekly, but also monthly, quarterly, and annually) any time our Teammates go above and beyond. We celebrate with get-togethers outside of work; but not just in the standard happy hour event, but in rafting trips, ski/snowboard getaways, karaoke sing-offs, marathon relays, Team trail/adventure races, hiking (Incline/Barr trail in Colorado Springs) experiences, charity events, and sporting events. Tonight even, we're getting together to watch the Redwings play the Lightning in a heated Game 4 contest in Round 1 of the NHL Playoffs. This is even more special given the fact that several of our Teammates are from Michigan and are faithful Redwings fans. The weekend before last, I went to a random BBQ thrown by a Team Leader who lives in Colorado Springs. The key point is that these experiences are common and the most special part of my time and connection to this company and Team.
    Since I've been with InteliSecure, we've had several Teammates play in competitive baseball, hockey, cycling, and martial arts leagues/tournaments. Others are members of bike/cycling, running, gaming, and community service clubs and organizations. We even have a group of Teammates that are serious students of yoga. This competitive spirit, focus on health/well-being, and constant drive to be better and motivate the Team to do better is an integral, defining part of our culture. We are invested in each other, emotionally, socially, and professionally. In the last 2 years I’ve been a Manager, there have been over 50 referrals from Teammates for InteliSecure’s open positions. This fact validates the investment the Team makes consistently in recommending talent in the connections they have professionally and personally.
    Professionally, our culture takes flight in the series of amazing things we've accomplished just recently. We've welcomed a new group of Teammates residing in the UK, integrating their unique qualities, personalities, and capabilities. This growth has been a staple of our excitement, as it provides all our Teammates the opportunity to consult, learn, and grow with new experiences, scenarios, and triumphs that tackle some of the most challenging ideas around security worldwide. Weekly, we have efforts where the InteliSecure EMEA Team works directly with the Americas Team, and vice versa, to rapidly collaborate on and deliver comprehensive solutions to clients. Done through creative scheduling and collaboration, this is what makes me most proud to work at InteliSecure.
    Opportunities here are limitless. In the past 2 years, 4 Analysts have ascended to Team Leader positions, 3 Engineers to Team Leader/Manager roles, 4 Analysts to Investigator roles, 3 Analysts to Project Manager positions, 1 Team Leader to a Program Manager role, and 3 Team Leaders to Consultant positions. Quality performance is rewarded each and every day, and consistent top quality performance is rewarded considerably.
    Selfishly, this has been the most attractive element of working at InteliSecure. Not only do I work amidst a Team of professionals that drive to make me better in my role day in and day out, they drive me to do more than to just be about my role. By promoting and keeping an ownership mentality, the Team drives a healthy competition of ideas, and subsequently generates some of the most amazing, unique, and exclusive innovations I’ve ever been privileged to witness. We have and own intellectual property. We have and own the best practices in our service and industry.
    Our Team has and owns the best personalities, talents, skills, and culture I’ve ever been fortunate to be a part of.
    Maybe this posting may be “laying it on too thick.” At the end of it all, I frankly don’t care if it comes across that way. I believe in where I work. I believe in what I do. I believe I’m a part of this amazing Team that has achieved something special, and will continue doing so. I believe that I affect the growth and value of this company with the actions I take and the service I deliver, not just to clients, but also to my fellow Teammates.

Cons

There have been, are, and will always be growing pains. The trajectory that the company is on requires resilience, imagination, and skills unique in current professional talent pools. InteliSecure is notably very selective in recruiting high level, top quality talent, and as such establishes standards and expectations that are high level and top quality. You are compelled to create and drive here, and doing exactly that is exhausting at times, since you’ll develop, produce, and run an idea from start to finish, only to have to start over again because a better idea emerges out of your process. When you do finish an idea into a project, program, report, process, or product, you’ll feel a complete connection to and ownership of it that’ll take you over. Being proud of the work you do and the service you produce can be consuming at times, but takes deliberate and conscious balance. This is attentively actioned by leadership, helping manage professional commitment with personal balance.
    Performance here is not easy, as tasks are not checklist-ready, but require innovative thinking and critical problem-solving. This challenge is easily addressed by professionals with interpersonal skills and the ability to engage Teammates, collaborating to generate solutions, but also willing to determine when to make a decision and execute a plan.

Advice to Management

Please continue driving business maturity and professional development. Everyone in the organization sees and feels the value the company brings to our clients. The continual investment in enabling and developing our Team has been the reason for our success, and your investment there has been obvious and much appreciated.

"Not a Healthy Career Choice"

Former Employee - Managed Services in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Managed Services in Greenwood Village, CO

Pros

There are some people you meet there that will become your life-long friends.
    Great addition to your resume.

Cons

Work life balance: 100% work, 0% life.
    Management has no idea how to handle anything.
    Contracts are written in ways that give the client the power to request anything and everything.
    There are no standards to anything.
    Training that is given is minimal and does not prepare you for the job.
    Clients are promised the world by sales, only to receive subpar service from understaffed and undertrained employees.
    Employees are promised assistance is developing a career path, but it is never received.
    Every single day, you will question whether or not you will be let go.

Advice to Management

Learn the product you are selling. Actually care about your employees and their lives outside of work. Listen to your employees - if there are issues noticed by every employee, don't just ignore them; fix them. When promising employees the world, at the very least, follow up with something. Anything. Make InteliSecure an exciting place that people love to come to every day. Give your employees some reassurance that the employees that do a good job will keep their jobs.