Intelicare Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Intelicare Direct has grown very quickly in a short space of time (in 7 reviews)

• Plus you can bring your pets to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • 30 min lunch only, cold bc ac stays on, toddlers can get loud & mandatory overtime (in 8 reviews)

• 13-15 an hour for a Call Center job in Silicon Valley (in 6 reviews)

1. "Micromanaging"

Current Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Member Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Intelicare Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good vibes from the majority of the employees, decent benefits, easy to get overtime.

Cons

Changes in management have made the job micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your employees and let the established management lead properly. You promoted them for a reason.

2. "Glad they closed"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fun place, friendly environment

Cons

Unless you were one of managements favorites they turned on you, made up lies about you and your work ethic and would fire based on lies or just to save their own skin when it came to the CEO.

Advice to Management

Don't play into the favorite game. It's not high school anymore and the "popular crowd" was your biggest reason you failed!

"** Low Class Call Center w/ Incompetent Degenerates **"

Former Employee - Member Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that the company CLOSED down in Las Vegas.

Cons

Incompetent Managers, Supervisors, and CEO.
    The "first class" call center had filthy stained carpets, fifteen year-old cubicles, mix-matched ten year old broken chairs, ten year-old slow outdated computers, and the CEO had the phone reps do a shoddy paint job on some walls. The office had bugs, multiple employees complained about it, nothing was done. No sanitation, the CEO had phone reps take turns doing light cleaning around the office. The "quiet room" was a dark room with disgusting stained sofas and blankets that the employees would sleep on and share during break. The supervisors and managers had zero experience and their backgrounds were Wal-Mart cashiers and car washers. The pay was a joke, $10.25, they made you do mandatory overtime without notice, every call you answer the customer is screaming at you because the product was a joke. The CEO says he's worth a few million $ but if you research him, you find out a different story. I quit a year before they closed down, I feel bad for the hundreds of phone reps that were laid off. The CEO says his company is a leading company, yet his company CLOSED down. Low class incompetence at it's finest.

Advice to Management

Sick to running the cash register at Wal-Mart.

5. "Member care representative"

Former Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the most awesome co-workers I've ever had! Benefits are okay and they offer many different schedules which is nice if you don't want the typical 9 to 5. Pay is pretty good and making bonus is easy.

Cons

When I worked there the CEO and a lot of upper management was terrible. Which I figure is why they were let go but according to my friends that still work there it has gotten better. It's an okay job but I wouldn't make it a career

Advice to Management

Stop promoting Melissa

Intelicare Direct Response

Dec 13, 2016 – Administrative Assistant

Recently, Intelicare Direct (ICD) has consolidated its operations from three centers to one. ICD now operates an inbound call center with over 150 employees in San Diego California. ICD continues ... More

6. "ICD Las Vegas was amazing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company, awesome people, workplace was progressive, fun events, focus on employees was good, the atmosphere was light and the morale was great.

Cons

The parent company has issues making decisions that were business based, the CEO had the right ideas but they neglected to to see the vision or look at the bigger picture. Occasionally, one bad apple would spoil the bunch and there would be some damage control.

Advice to Management

We did the best we could. Advise to parent company: kindness, compassion and the ability to do the right thing when it matters are great skills for your tool box.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and excellent environment to work in.

Cons

Mandatory overtime and point system ducked.

8. "Hard work and dedication got me literally no where because I wasn't a "Favorite" or an attractive female."

Former Employee - Member Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Intelicare Direct (More than a year)

Pros

Very few and far between. Being able to ask for days off was nice, even if it was without pay.

Cons

The only reason we had any sick time was because California Law demanded it, but our office was in Nevada. Not to mention it was only 24 hours A YEAR. Not three or six months like literally every other place in existence, but he gave the BARE MINIMUM NEEDED to get by the law. The CEO spent probably over 300 grand on new computers alone and possibly much much more than that to buy the office next door, and renovate the offices into one big office, THEN PROCEEDED TO LAY OFF ALMOST 100 PEOPLE IN THE SPAN OF 3 MONTHS. The CEO likes to claim he's all about his employees and say he wants to make sure they're happy. This is complete bull crap. He personally berated people for having one bad day in private, forgetting that we are indeed people too and life happens. While I agree work and life should be kept separate, but sometimes that's not easily possible because we're all human.

The favoritism is rampant in this place. If you weren't in good with the Assistant Managers, you got no where. There was also PLENTY of obvious interoffice romance going on, and these people were obviously given priority over the others of us in the office. In all honesty, this place DESERVED to be closed down. All bark, no bite is what I say. I'm glad no one has the chance to get sucked in to this con of a company.

Advice to Management

Stop having sex with all the females that work in the office and stop playing favorites. And to the CEO, you asked for this and completely deserved it. No remorse from this former employee.

9. "Mcrr"

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time

Pros

The people..the events. The fact you could bring your kids to work. Weekly pay.

Cons

Occurrence system. People would get fired after leaving work in a ambulance. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

You need to reconstruct their whole company. The core values are a joke because they only pertain to those who they don't like. People should be paid on their experience.

10. "Good for some"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Intelicare Direct (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady work. Get paid on time. Clean work environment. Possible to bring kids and dogs to work. Planned office activities.

Cons

Sometimes MANDATORY overtime. Have to share headsets.
    Core Values ≠ Business Practice.

Advice to Management

Don't be a DB

11. "Don't drink the Kool Aid!"

Former Employee - California in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - California in San Jose, CA

I worked at Intelicare Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing good about this company were the friends I made during my time there.

Cons

The CEO misrepresents himself as caring about his employees and giving back to the community. Unless there is a camera around neither are a concern to him.

He prides himself on running a tight ship on American soil but he does so by underpaying his staff.

He used employees and their children as photo props on countless occasions. One example...asking a child to throw cake in his face so he could act surprised and laugh on cue for a publicity shot.

Offered no PTO or sick time. (Until CA law said 3 days is required).

Mandatory OT at a 1/2 hours notice or risk termination.

Targeted parents that couldn't afford daycare by making it so they could bring their children to work. In theory this sounds like he was doing a good thing but he was underpaying them in the process and taking advantage of the position they were in.

I am a stickler for being prompt but their late policy must have been inspired by Kim Jong-un.

Holiday Pay unjustly taken from individuals.

Paid $13-15 an hour for a Call Center job in Silicon Valley.

Favoritism ran rampant.

He would ask for donations from staff to help various nonprofits to make himself look good when there were people on food stamps working for him.

When confronted about a real estate ad that came out for the space their offices were located at he refused to address the staff as to what was going on. Instead a couple of weeks later employees were pulled into the cafeteria and told they were being laid off.

Advice to Management

Run don't walk away. The management and many of the people I knew during my time there deserve to work for a far better company. As someone who was held in high standing and left on good terms believe me when I say this company is a sham.