Interaction Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Barry Rosen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CEO"

I have been working at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

I'm writing this because I'm just trying to get to some other part of this Glassdoor site. About IA, well, I'm biased. I've had a wonderful career and hundreds of others have too.

Cons

IA is a perpetual start-up. That's the nature of our industry at this time. Lots of change and uncertainty. For people who want certainty and the same 8-5 routine, IA is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue practicing what you preach.

2. "Engagement Manager"

I worked at Interaction Associates part-time

Pros

no middle management to report to

Cons

Leadership lacks skill and transparency

Advice to Management

Get new management

"EM"

I worked at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

Coworkers and working remotely at times

Cons

CEO is not a leader

Advice to Management

Practice what you teach

"Consultant"

I worked at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

Relaxed office, some great people.

Cons

Horrible management, no growth strategy or leadership.

Advice to Management

Focus on growing and nurturing talent.

"HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Lincoln, RI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Interaction Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Employees have a genuine concern for one another. The Interaction Method, a facilitated approach for building understanding and agreement so that people can take informed, concerted action is a method all should become familiar with.

Cons

I choose to focus on what is good vs. cons.

"CEO"

Pros

Be part of a company that has a history of helping develop more authentic and capable leaders and managers. Learn to do things that will significantly improve your effectiveness as a worker and the quality of your personal and work relationships.

Cons

As a mission-driven and worker owned company, IA is always grappling with balancing life style and profit goals. There 's probably a way to achieve both, but it hasn't cracked the nut yet.

Advice to Management

Focus people on what the company does best --deninstrating the power and transferring the skills of collaborative action. Use the good will of thousands of satisfied clients to get new business. Practice what we teach in all ways.

"A Great Time for Us"

I have been working at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

It means everything to me that we have never wavered in our passion for our clients and their challenges. I am so excited to be in IA at this moment as we focus on two parallel priorites: 1) Continuing to deliver solid value for our clients and 2) Turning our passion for the work into even greater impact in the world. What a blast--renewing our intellectual capital as we grow our next generation of practitioners.

Cons

We are emerging from a period in which some of our people, most notably at the leadership level, were out of alignment with our deepest values and our tried-and-true methodology. The trick is to hang in there to put things right, and we have.

Advice to Management

Barry, I am so glad you have come back to shepherd us through our next phase. You seem ready for the challenge. All you have to do is follow the guidelines we have been teaching the world--the guidelines that you helped create.

"Strong momentum and growth builds under new direction"

I have been working at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

A new CEO whose values and approach are aligned with the company's collaborative philosophy has created a congruence that was sorely lacking for the last few years. The company has more than 40 successful years and tens of thousands of fans. As we get our internal house gets back in order, the future is brighter than ever.

Cons

Although very positive, the changes in top leadership have created uncertainty. We are settling into a new way of working. As we get our bearings, there is a learning curve that can create discomfort. We have more influence on what we do and how we do it than we have in the recent past. This can be disorienting as we adjust to this enhanced level of empowerment.

Advice to Management

You have significant support. Stay the course. Use Interaction Associates' models, tools and techniques and you will be successful. Communicate regularly. Be open to input.

"Pitiful"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Interaction Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office space in Boston and my check has never bounced. There are some great people here. The IT department have all left. Some people are trying to turn things around.

Cons

Bad place for parents and minorities to work due to harassing behavior of some employees - thankfully a couple of harassers have left but not before the minority employees left, one of whom was verbally attacked by her manager on her last day of work.

I think we've had 4 HR managers in as many years and sales management is apparently impossible. Other people who have been here forever "the true veteran" you read about below don't do anything, make no real contribution to the company anymore, just hanging on to their "laurels". One of the two executives finally got fired and will be leaving soon as a result of several inappropriate relationships with female coworkers. For years he has abused power and used manipulative tactics to get things done to his liking.

Low pay. Stagnant IP. Low morale. Poor financial management. A couple of female employees have been "punished" for having children - one was demoted, the other criticized for not working more hours. Even some of the male employees with young families are criticized for leaving on time at the end of the day. A lot can depend on who "likes" you vs. your actual contribution to the company. A couple of people who were productive and well liked disappeared without explanation.

Some of the company's long standing employees make life almost impossible for new people with they jabbing, critical "feedback" rather than helping others succeed they assist in failure and nit -picking. They don't want anything to change and ironically they teach clients how to do just that! For as many nice and hard working, dedicated people there are, there are an equal number of crabby, needy, demanding brats who think nothing of dissing people and make everyone feel "less than".

Advice to Management

If people don't "walk the talk" and do what we teach our clients to do, get rid of them.

"High hopes, dashed after a short time in the reality of this company."

I have been working at Interaction Associates full-time

Pros

Lots of good (though slightly out of date) intellectual property. Some good talent in the facilitator pool.

Cons

Environment is gossipy and out of control. Employees can't trust the managers to keep confidential information. Punitive and toxic environment.

Advice to Management

Show the employees you're listening and cut or discipline the managers who are breaching the trust of their staff.