Invent Now Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Relations"

Former Employee - Retail Marketing Specialist in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Marketing Specialist in North Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very manageable position. Got along with my coworkers very well. Friendly environment.

Cons

Very tedious. Very rarely felt challenged.

"Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Associate in Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment for people wanting to learn more about non-profits

Cons

Low pay but very rewarding

Advice to Management

Allow for advancement when people are truly interested

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Invent Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job, the environment is not stressful and even when the work days are long, you know at the end of the day you helped someone out.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

No advice

4. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Intern in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in North Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Invent Now was a really great place to work. I enjoyed myself there. Also, the people there were nice, as well.

Cons

Some of the work was a little bit monotonous. Additionally, there was a bit of construction going on in the building, which could arguably become a bit of a distraction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Always improving"

Current Employee - Coordinator in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Coordinator in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Invent Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. It's a smaller company so you get to be involved in a lot of important projects regardless of your title. There have been a lot of promotions since I started.

Cons

There is a lot of work and not enough people to spread it to.

Advice to Management

Solicit ideas from the employees more often.

"Hope you graduated with a degree in butt kissing and minored in stomaching hypocrisy."

Former Employee - Operations in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Operations in Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A genuine company mission that makes the Kool Aid easy to swallow

Cons

Poor management across all departments; inappropriate sexual behavior involving upper managemen, to name a few

Advice to Management

You can't give advice to a management team that is completely deaf to everything but the sound of their own voices. The company culture is really a high school level hierarchy, and if the Queen Bee can't use you for her benefit, she will snuff you out, no mercy. Top executives fraternize with employees that work under them. The company recently underwent a "re-branding" which was really a re-packaging of the same business structure with a new website that functions like a Speak n Spell I had in 1984. The execs and board are so busy patting themselves on the back for a smokes and mirrors re-brand, they are losing sight of what made this company so amazing. The people that work their butts off, day after day. If you apply, I hope you are young and white, and make sure you wear your cutest Banana Republic outfit, because, trust me, it matters.

"Trust No One"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH

I worked at Invent Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent salary, incentives for meeting goals

Cons

climate has changed,co workers are not truthful, no room for advancement, must work overtime with no pay or comp time for it

8. "Overall, not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in North Canton, OH

Pros

I did not work for Invent Now Kids for very long in order to give a fair and balanced judgment, but overall it was not a bad experience. As far as a customer service job is concerned, it could have been much worse. Most people were calling to report positive experiences and the vast majority of those requesting refunds were for personal reasons, and not because of any ill-will towards the company. The work environment is laid-back, fun, and fosters a good sense of community.

Cons

Long days with a similar task all day long, can be repetitive and boring without much opportunity for new tasks. Management had a bad habit of playing favorites at times.

Advice to Management

Give employees more meaningful responsibilities to round out the day, and try more constructive and empathetic approaches to criticism

"Challenging and Rewarding Environment"

I have been working at Invent Now full-time

Pros

All of the staff here are intelligent, high-performing individuals, which forces me to elevate my own job performance. Everyone here is a family and takes a team-oriented approach. Management is VERY invested in employees professional development and simply wants to see staff grow in their time here. CEO is extremely inspiring and has a great vision for where our company is going. The work we do influences thousands of kids every year, and helps inspire creativity all over the world, which is a very rewarding mission. Company continues to grow and get better every year!

Cons

Not the right environment for somebody who wants to work just for a paycheck. You can’t get away with minimum performance, as everybody is constantly challenging you to get better and see what you can bring to the table (not entirely a negative if you are a hard worker).

Advice to Management

Continue doing what has made this company successful today. Our company culture is a large reason why the employees here are happy and passionate to work here.

Invent Now Response

Apr 19, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that your time with Invent Now has been positive and inspiring! Our mission is of the utmost importance and our continuing growth nationwide... More

"Sales Support Associate"

Pros

No one was physically harmed. Emotionally...now that is a different story.

Cons

A management regime change during my employment altered the chemistry drastically within the sales department. I believe the change is one of many to come, as the sales department, and it's functions and role, begin to change within the company. The term "Cleaning House" is whispered frequently, creating an air of anxiety and mistrust for upper management.
    At first glance, this company seems to encourage free thought and creativity, which is rare in a corporate atmosphere. It is a young staff of college graduate underlings, and because of this, you would think that would cause a problem for the company culture, hiring a slew of millennials with youthful impulses. However, the problem with professionalism exists at the very top. Comments from management about how their staff dress, who they are sleeping with, petty gossip etc. It's kind of sad, because the company, itself, does good work.

Advice to Management

Your zipper is down and your office walls are thin - Your staff can see and hear everything.