JESCO Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 11, 2016

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jerry Stubblefield

1. "GOOD PLACE TO WORK FOR"

I have been working at JESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a good chance for advancement and to acquire additional training.

Cons

This is company is a contractor working for a large company that could be hit with layoffs during slow times

Advice to Management

Better communication with the technicians that are working the floor.

2. "Unknown"

I have been working at JESCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working with this company is the money. There are great people to work with.

Cons

I will start by saying the morale is at a all time low company wide. They are steadily adding management personnel and taking the actual floor guys away they are scheduling 11 to 15 hours of pm work every shift so basically more work machinery less people and letting people come back that quit to go to Yokohama and giving them top pay all benefits like they never left and they was never suppose to be able to work there again. Management has stopped and new guys from testing in order to level up and move up so no room for advancement. They are combining departments and taking money from our bonus with no legitimate reason at all just terrible management decision end they treat their workers like crap no incentive or good things said for achievement also not enough computers or tools to work on machinery we have.

Advice to Management

Stop adding office jobs and taking away from the people who actually do the work. Start treating people with respect and appreciate the workers who didn't leave and reward them instead of holding them back on their levels and raises. Stop taking money from our bonuses for no reason and offer the senior guys the day jobs and office jobs instead if hiring back the people who left especially the ones who put you in a bind and left for Yokohama. And would it kill you to tell somebody good job when they complete their daily work plus fix breakdowns with little or no downtime.

"Jesco"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at JESCO (More than a year)

Pros

the medical, dental, and vision benefits offered are very good

Cons

poor leadership from upper management with employees feeling left out and helpless due to most of management being comprised of family or long-term employees.

Advice to Management

Open you minds and become more aware of the big picture of how treating your employees with respect actually makes a company more successful and profitable...not less...

5. "Safest company by far"

I have been working at JESCO full-time

Pros

This is the most safety oriented company I have ever worked for. They provide all the safety training and ppe that every employee should need.

Cons

Very long distance drives and little to no time off what so ever. You do have to deal with the "good ole boy" system.

"Awful company"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in New York, NY

Pros

You can make ok money if you're good, and if like to work alone, but theres not really any other pros

Cons

horrible scheduling
    basically no training
    no travel reimbursements, and the commutes can be very expensive and lengthy
    very poor communication
    the handling of pay is just slips of paper that can be very easily mixed up and you can loose out on pay

Advice to Management

Figure out a better inventory system than slips of paper and google drive because it was not working.

7. "At this company i was able to learn many things. I started as an apprentice electrician and quickly moved to Certified"

Current Employee - Electrician in Tupelo, MS
    Current Employee - Electrician in Tupelo, MS

I have been working at JESCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started as an apprentice electrician and quickly moved to Certified Electricain.

Cons

You always have to worry about your job. You never know from one day to the next if you are going to get laied off or not.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to management.

"Not the right fit for me."

Pros

Supportive and positive trainer. Insight into sales pitches.

Cons

Not as flexible as promised. 100% commission job, so if sent to a slow store (which happened often), you might actually lose money because of the gas and time spent traveling. No travel reimbursements.

9. "A great place to learn and hone your skills."

I have been working at JESCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as, vacation, personal, and paid holidays.

Cons

privately owned family business, where many employees have been there for several years, therefore, there is a distinct difference in communication between the newer employees and the older ones.