Johnson Health Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jason Lo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Field Service Technician"

I have been working at Johnson Health Tech full-time

Pros

Superb in-tuned with employees needs, superb working environment and camaraderie. Upper level and lower level management is great!

Cons

Occasional disconnect of information between customers and company and technician; "love triangle."

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, looking out for employees and finding ways to improve the quality of life of your technicians. We appreciate you!

2. "Inside Sales Coordinator"

I worked at Johnson Health Tech full-time

Pros

-Flexible work schedule if you had an appointment. No weekend or night work

Cons

-low pay, no advancement opportunists

3. "Good starting job"

Pros

Access to commercial workout equipment and encouraged to use it.

Cons

Open concept office space, it is very loud with customer service reps

4. "Workplace"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Cottage Grove, WI
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Cottage Grove, WI

I have been working at Johnson Health Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Encouraged to workout with the onsite equipment.

Cons

Processes still being established so a bit chaotic.

5. "great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottage Grove, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cottage Grove, WI

Pros

good amount of projects, good balance between work and life, you will love to work there if you are fitness enthusiastic.

Cons

limited office space with rapid growth of the company

"Up and Coming Fitness Brand"

Pros

While I was full-time at JHT, I worked in R&D. Engineering, Marketing, and Design were in sync with one another and created some amazing products that put Life Fitness and Precor on their backs and forced them to take notice of Johnson. Proof of Concepts and Prototypes are easily generated in large model shop facility and with Taiwanese / Chinese manufacturing facilities.

Amazing, fun international staff that really loves exercise and the fitness industry. Perfect for individuals looking for their first corporate career job. Lots of experience to be gained. Do not be persuaded by the negative reviews of past employees...more than likely are coming from temporary / seasonal employment.

Industry leading Company Wellness benefits: FitPoints, BootCamp, Yoga, RunClub, Marathon Training, Yard Games, Lunch n' Learn (diet, lifestyle, cooking, etc).

Cons

Customer focus could be stronger with Sales / Marketing / Design leading the effort. Usability Testing for Products and Fitness Concepts is a huge opportunity that should be properly staffed. Technical Communication between English / Chinese / Taiwanese could be be improved with full-time translators.

Advice to Management

More rigor around prototyping future, fitness concepts. Engage key opinion leaders for fitness trend forecasting and act QUICKLY to get ahead of competitors. Usability testing of Alpha / Beta Product Samples (with large participant base, 50-100 people per year) to gain deeper understanding of unmet needs from customers.

"It could be better"

Former Employee - Customer Tech Support in Cottage Grove, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Tech Support in Cottage Grove, WI

I worked at Johnson Health Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, everyone gets along, work is challenging and rewarding. They go out of their way to make Friday meetings fun.

Cons

Expectations were unrealistic at times. The leads on my team were difficult to work with. Call reviews are graded like a homework assignment, and play a big part in your advancement in the company. This is mainly a problem because neither my direct supervisor or team lead were grading my calls, and I received mixed messages between my supervisor and the person reviewing my calls about what was acceptable.

Advice to Management

Take more time to get to know the people who work for you. Turnover was very high when I was there, and it looks like that continues to be the case. If your department is constantly turning over employees, I think you have to take a hard look at what management is doing. Employees who like their jobs don't quit, and management has the biggest impact on that.

Johnson Health Tech Response

Jan 19, 2016 – Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We acknowledge that our previous call review process was beneficial but still had room for improvement. Over a year ago, we shifted to a new process for... More

8. "Not bad."

Pros

Friendly atmosphere working along side great people. Full gym that you can workout in any time over your lunch or as long as it's not hindering your responsibilities.

Cons

Reactive company that doesn't seem to prepare for the future very well. Most of the time it feels like the company runs in circles.

Advice to Management

Try to be a bit more proactive with speculating the future so Johnson sets trends as opposed to reacting to what other companies accomplish. Working smarter > working harder.

"Racism?"

Former Employee - EPE in Cottage Grove, WI
    Former Employee - EPE in Cottage Grove, WI

I worked at Johnson Health Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overly cushy, poor lighting inappropriate for CAD work. Work out privilege over rated.

Cons

I made the mistake of calling the company Chinese and they fired me. They are Taiwanese based and I would say that makes them racist toward Chinese. I guess I should have been more careful. I guess they were hyper sensitive. The US based group has very bad technical communications with Taiwan and Shanghai.

Advice to Management

It appears that the company has an Achilles Heel. Sales are down, social media is the answer? Really?

Johnson Health Tech Response

Nov 9, 2015 – Director of HR

Our organization welcomes and values diversity in our company culture. Our commitment to diversity is instilled in our policies and practices and it includes not discriminating against any employee... More

"Matrix, Horizon, Vision Fitness"

I worked at Johnson Health Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no good reasons to get involved with Johnson, better known as JHT. Uses constant crews of Chinese Nationals who work in Wisconsin, but are paid Chinese wages.

Cons

Where to begin. There is a small click of management who blunder things constantly and follow the Taiwanese owner, Jason Lo, like a pack of hungry puppies. Incompetent from the CEO down to the managers, and a bit of a revolving door of people's.

Advice to Management

Break free of the overload and do what's right for your workers, and customers. Stop infringing on others designs and make a fast 180 and respect your crews.