Jump Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Dev Patnaik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Leadership Culture w/ A Learning Problem (No, that is a good thing!)"

Current Employee - Vice President of Strategy in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Strategy in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jump builds employees leadership capabilities for every employee through company training opportunities, daily leadership activities, and unique JUMP style teachings; whatever style learner you are. Leaders lead by doing rather than saying - something not often seen in previous organizations I've worked in.
    What a refreshing approach to what a modern learning culture should look like. Jump makes it a point to learn daily by various intentional activities with time devoted to learning from one another and from FAILURES.
    Additional major pro is that not only does Jump leadership has one foot firmly rooted in academia (frameworks, methodologies) but also grounded as practitioners with multiple first-hand client experiences - several hundred case studies.

Cons

Long hours but they are rewarding. Not being able to talk about client projects due to confidentiality is a challenge; explaining some of the fascinating projects Jump has facilitated. The commute from SF is a manageable pain thanks to Caltrain and that San Mateo stop and 2-block walk.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster leadership. Focus on taking JUMPS internal culture and special sauce as an offering for others.

2. "It Could Be So Great"

Former Employee - Strategist
    Former Employee - Strategist

I worked at Jump Associates (More than 5 years)

Pros

Jump's people are amazing. They're passionate, innovative, excited, and curious about the world. They've figured out how to hire.

Cons

Jump has a knack for making smart and kind people feel worthless. It's a pattern I've seen repeatedly. Expectations are unclear and can change on a dime. The hours are long, pay is much lower than average. The leadership team is dysfunctional. You've gotta do it for the love, and it's sometimes hard to love.

Advice to Management

There's a reason you haven't grown over the past 20 years.

3. "Jump Associates is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Account Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Account Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is absolutely fantastic. Some of the smartest people I've ever had a chance to work with, but also creative, insightful, and hard working. Salary is competitive, benefits are great, and the work is interesting.

Cons

Driving to San Mateo daily in the morning can take quite a bit of time.

4. "Associate"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive culture. Very open about where the company is, how it is trying to improve and it's vision for the future. This is a group of people who actually care about learning and growth and want to do work that has a positive impact in the world. The authenticity of Jump is what makes it extraordinary. In terms of the work, the projects are fascinating, challenging and rewarding, but you need to be comfortable with a bit of ambiguity.

Cons

Going through a period of reflection on how they can grow and improve after a difficult couple of years. This can be exciting if you want to contribute to the story of the company you work for, but unsettling if you are looking for clear direction and rules to work by.

Advice to Management

Keep up the commitment to learning and growth, it's what makes you unique.

"Amazing Work and Culture!"

Current Employee - Strategist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Strategist in San Mateo, CA

Pros

At Jump, you have the opportunity to do work that feels very meaningful and that will positively affect people's lives. And there's so much learning opportunity every day! The culture highly prizes playing to each person's strengths and taking a path that makes sense for you. Constant coaching, immediate feedback, and lots of growth.

Cons

Salaries below market rate. Company is going through a big transition period. Will be even more amazing when it succeeds.

Advice to Management

Leaders have very different styles in interacting with associates. Takes some getting used to especially when new to Jump.

"Great culture that gives me confidence for the future!"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. It's hard to find the right fit and I'm lucky enough to have landed here. This is a company that is filled with smart and optimistic people who are dedicated to solving problems. Everyone is willing to help each other out and the leadership team knows who

Cons

It's worth mentioning that this is a growing company, and therefore there's some ambiguity of where the company might be in a few years. I view this as a pro but others may want a more established firm. Personally, what's important to me is that leadership is thinking about the future and sharing with us what they're goals are. And that's happening here.

"Jump in 2016"

Pros

Jump is unlike any other company I've worked for. The culture and values are taken very seriously. Many companies out there say they are "family", but it never really feels that way. At Jump, you truly have a family and network of intelligent, innovative, FUN, empathetic (and the list goes on) people. I thought I knew what teamwork was, but after working at Jump, I have experienced true teamwork. There isn't a boring day at Jump. And the best part about it is you know that what you do, every day, is making an impact. I'm honored and proud to say that I work at Jump.

Cons

Sometimes I'll get distracted by the awesome music played in the office. Also, it takes me a while to pick out a snack because there are so many options. :)

Advice to Management

Keep being the amazing people you already are.

"Fantastically interesting and meaningful work"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As advisors on strategy, innovation and growth, Jump helps companies find a path through their most important challenges. We're lucky to get to work on these problems and projects. The work itself is always interesting (new technologies, new products, new markets). And it feels deeply meaningful - because the people we work for (our clients) care so much, and because it's always oriented around understanding the people they serve (the customers). Clients tell us we make a difference - for their organizations, yes, but also often for them in very personal ways.

Beyond the work, it's a place where values matter and the people care about each other. The team is filled with engaged, smart folks from a wide variety of backgrounds. This makes conversations stimulating. I'm always learning something new from my peers.

I've been at Jump for what feels like many years - and I still really enjoy coming to work (most days!)

Cons

While this is typical of consulting firms, the hours and travel can be unpredictable and long at times. There's a focus on team, coaching/feedback and culture that works well but won't be a fit for every one. Management systems (planning, tracking, compensation) and business development are works-in-progress.

Advice to Management

As Jump grows, keep the focus on relationships (Jumpsters, families, clients), meaningful work and impact.

9. "Proud to Be a Jumpster!"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my job search, I was looking for a company that fostered a supportive work culture. This is Jump. The work culture here is taken seriously, and everyone contributes to it.
    The Jump team is a dynamic, inclusive, innovative, and fun group of people! Since the beginning, I've felt like a supported member of the team.
    When people ask me how my job is going, I'm sincere when I say that work is great!

Cons

There are no cons for me to write down! Jump encourages open communication, so if I did have a concern, I would approach my lead.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you do that makes Jump so unique! Working here has been a positive and growing experience.

10. "Jump Associate"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, smart people who genuinely seem to care about their employees.

Cons

The interview process took a long time.