Jump Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Dev Patnaik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A truly purpose driven company."

Former Employee - Vice President Strategy in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President Strategy in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Jump Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thought I had worked on teams before Jump. Now, I realize that those were just groups of people. That's because Jump is truly a purpose driven company. Everyone at the company is authentically committed to fulfilling Jump's purpose: to transform lives through learning and growth.

Cons

Growth has been difficult for the company.

2. "Culture is everything"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You won't find a more genuine, smart, well rounded group of people anywhere you look. Culture is everything and feeds into great work and empathic decisions.

Cons

It's more about work-life integration than work-life balance, and compensation is below average for the area and industry.

3. "Awesome Company"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jump Associates is a company that truly values learning, growth, and embodies CULTURE. Jump wants you to succeed and will give you the tools to do so. Countless opportunities to act like an owner to create the role you want. We work hard and make an impact on the world which is truly gratifying. Jump is an awesome place to work for with fun group to work with!

Cons

I can't think of a negative. Better snacks?

Advice to Management

n/a

4. "A unique and inspiring place with potential for even more impact"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jump is a company that's been around for 20 years, but there's a lot more to figure out. Jump's purpose and values are what make it a special place, and the kind of impact we're trying to have is what makes this work so hard to figure out. We love doing it though! There's an opportunity to help Jump figure it out which is awesome because you get to grow so quickly by trying it and learning from your experience. I also get to work with some of the smartest people I've ever met, and that I truly admire. Jump stretches me and shows me everyday how much farther I can go. This can be scary and unsettling at times, but we lean on each other and we learn our way out of problems.

Also, amazing benefits!

Cons

Lower than average pay at all levels

"A Leadership Culture w/ A Learning Problem (No, that is a good thing!)"

Current Employee - Vice President of Strategy in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Strategy in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jump builds employees leadership capabilities for every employee through company training opportunities, daily leadership activities, and unique JUMP style teachings; whatever style learner you are. Leaders lead by doing rather than saying - something not often seen in previous organizations I've worked in.
    What a refreshing approach to what a modern learning culture should look like. Jump makes it a point to learn daily by various intentional activities with time devoted to learning from one another and from FAILURES.
    Additional major pro is that not only does Jump leadership has one foot firmly rooted in academia (frameworks, methodologies) but also grounded as practitioners with multiple first-hand client experiences - several hundred case studies.

Cons

Long hours but they are rewarding. Not being able to talk about client projects due to confidentiality is a challenge; explaining some of the fascinating projects Jump has facilitated. The commute from SF is a manageable pain thanks to Caltrain and that San Mateo stop and 2-block walk.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster leadership. Focus on taking JUMPS internal culture and special sauce as an offering for others.

"It Could Be So Great"

Former Employee - Strategist
    Former Employee - Strategist

I worked at Jump Associates (More than 5 years)

Pros

Jump's people are amazing. They're passionate, innovative, excited, and curious about the world. They've figured out how to hire.

Cons

Jump has a knack for making smart and kind people feel worthless. It's a pattern I've seen repeatedly. Expectations are unclear and can change on a dime. The hours are long, pay is much lower than average. The leadership team is dysfunctional. You've gotta do it for the love, and it's sometimes hard to love.

Advice to Management

There's a reason you haven't grown over the past 20 years.

7. "Jump Associates is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Account Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Account Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is absolutely fantastic. Some of the smartest people I've ever had a chance to work with, but also creative, insightful, and hard working. Salary is competitive, benefits are great, and the work is interesting.

Cons

Driving to San Mateo daily in the morning can take quite a bit of time.

8. "Associate"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive culture. Very open about where the company is, how it is trying to improve and it's vision for the future. This is a group of people who actually care about learning and growth and want to do work that has a positive impact in the world. The authenticity of Jump is what makes it extraordinary. In terms of the work, the projects are fascinating, challenging and rewarding, but you need to be comfortable with a bit of ambiguity.

Cons

Going through a period of reflection on how they can grow and improve after a difficult couple of years. This can be exciting if you want to contribute to the story of the company you work for, but unsettling if you are looking for clear direction and rules to work by.

Advice to Management

Keep up the commitment to learning and growth, it's what makes you unique.

"Amazing Work and Culture!"

Current Employee - Strategist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Strategist in San Mateo, CA

Pros

At Jump, you have the opportunity to do work that feels very meaningful and that will positively affect people's lives. And there's so much learning opportunity every day! The culture highly prizes playing to each person's strengths and taking a path that makes sense for you. Constant coaching, immediate feedback, and lots of growth.

Cons

Salaries below market rate. Company is going through a big transition period. Will be even more amazing when it succeeds.

Advice to Management

Leaders have very different styles in interacting with associates. Takes some getting used to especially when new to Jump.

"Great culture that gives me confidence for the future!"

I have been working at Jump Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. It's hard to find the right fit and I'm lucky enough to have landed here. This is a company that is filled with smart and optimistic people who are dedicated to solving problems. Everyone is willing to help each other out and the leadership team knows who

Cons

It's worth mentioning that this is a growing company, and therefore there's some ambiguity of where the company might be in a few years. I view this as a pro but others may want a more established firm. Personally, what's important to me is that leadership is thinking about the future and sharing with us what they're goals are. And that's happening here.