Jump Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jump Associates

3.2

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates.

Interview

Phone interview, submittal of portfolios and case studies, followed by an inperson interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Step 1:
    Beginning with a phone interview to gauge understanding of the industry. It is important to know what design thinking is and is not. Be articulate about why Growth strategist w/ design thinking chops and not general management consulting or product design.

Step 2:
    Take home assignment. Make your best attempt at doing the project like you imagine they do it. Share your processes & highlight things from it that directly translate to doing it for Jump.

Step 3:
    In-person case study. Dive in with energy. Don't be overly cautious & clarifying. They want to see comfort with ambiguity.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure your research plan? What frameworks provide valuable insights? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see your career going?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked for a package of materials - work samples, resume, cover letter, writing sample. The next step was taking the predictive index to see if you match the profile of the role. After that was a case study interview, then a take home exercise, and finally cultural interview. The whole process took 6ish weeks.

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very clear about what I needed to submit for the application and how long the process could take. I appreciated the transparency. I was looking for a company with a great culture and right off the bat, with the application, I realized this company cared a lot about the kind of person they wanted to hire. You have to submit a resume, writing sample, work sample, and a Predictive Index response. Then there were a few in-person interviews, which included a mini project to show your work and thinking.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had one phone screening, then I was called in for an office interview with two people. Then I was called in for a third and final interview with two other people where they asked me to do a skills test. I was also told to do a personality assessment before coming in for my third interview.

Interview Questions

• One wierd question I was asked was about a random/weird topic that I am interested in currently.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Round 1) In-person interview with surprise case
    Round 2) Take-home case

First round case was about thinking on your feet regarding innovation, frameworks and possibilities given limited information.

Take-home case was vague and no feedback was provided regarding my submitted deliverables. This was infuriating after spending 20+ (far too many hours - should have only put forth 5) on the case.

Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Associates (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The company has a great outward facing image. Kinda like IDEO and others that want you to believe they are actually cooler than they are, the process to apply is more long and winding than others. They claim to put your resume on file and contact you if you are a fit.

The first email I received just asked me about a location preference. The second email I received said that I was being passed on. This left me a bit confused but ironically clarified what is going on internally, which is that they don't have their bearings right.

For the amount they make you work to warrant a reply, the reply seemed terse and hence offensive. There was no justification provided. Also being asked what office I was interested in and then suddenly passed on, made no sense. There was also no sensitivity, which again provides clarity that I would have ended up as a cog in a greasy wheel. So thank you.

I bet there is a line to get in. The velvet rope makes it oh-so-very alluring.

Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Lengthy interview process including preparing a full project case and presenting to the full company in person.Case required about a week of original work for the opportunity to do a 6 month externship with the possibility of hire at the end.

Innovation Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Warning! How you answer the Predictive Index behavioral survey will dictate whether you even have a conversation with a recruiter.

You would think an innovation agency would take a human centered approach to its hiring process. But no, not the case at all. After applying online with a resume, writing sample and work sample, I was sent an email from the recruiter asking to complete a behavioral survey (Predictive Index). One week later, the recruiter emails with a generic response that says "our current needs require a different skill set."

It's disappointing they would come to this conclusion without ever once having a phone conversation with me. You can't help but feel this was completely based on the results of the behavioral survey which while I can see useful, hardly tells the story. It's like they did the quant, but didn't realize they need the qual to dig deeper.

Jump, I hear your CEO wrote a book on empathy. Maybe leverage that to take a look at your hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Can you fill out the Predictive Index? There are no right or wrong answers.   Answer Question

JUMP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The Interview Process took an appropriate amount of time. First was a phone screen, then two in person interviews.

I was able to get a feel of Jump's office, work culture, and what their role expectations were. The interviewees were personable, welcoming, and informative.

Even more, Jump validates parking - which many companies don't.