Jump Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jump Associates Interview Questions

3.2

JUMP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The Interview Process took an appropriate amount of time. First was a phone screen, then two in person interviews.

I was able to get a feel of Jump's office, work culture, and what their role expectations were. The interviewees were personable, welcoming, and informative.

Even more, Jump validates parking - which many companies don't.

Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very clear about what I needed to submit for the application and how long the process could take. I appreciated the transparency. I was looking for a company with a great culture and right off the bat, with the application, I realized this company cared a lot about the kind of person they wanted to hire. You have to submit a resume, writing sample, work sample, and a Predictive Index response. Then there were a few in-person interviews, which included a mini project to show your work and thinking.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked for a package of materials - work samples, resume, cover letter, writing sample. The next step was taking the predictive index to see if you match the profile of the role. After that was a case study interview, then a take home exercise, and finally cultural interview. The whole process took 6ish weeks.

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had one phone screening, then I was called in for an office interview with two people. Then I was called in for a third and final interview with two other people where they asked me to do a skills test. I was also told to do a personality assessment before coming in for my third interview.

Interview Questions

• One wierd question I was asked was about a random/weird topic that I am interested in currently.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Step 1:
    Beginning with a phone interview to gauge understanding of the industry. It is important to know what design thinking is and is not. Be articulate about why Growth strategist w/ design thinking chops and not general management consulting or product design.

Step 2:
    Take home assignment. Make your best attempt at doing the project like you imagine they do it. Share your processes & highlight things from it that directly translate to doing it for Jump.

Step 3:
    In-person case study. Dive in with energy. Don't be overly cautious & clarifying. They want to see comfort with ambiguity.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure your research plan? What frameworks provide valuable insights? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see your career going?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates.

Interview

Phone interview, submittal of portfolios and case studies, followed by an inperson interview

Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Associates (San Mateo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Lengthy interview process including preparing a full project case and presenting to the full company in person.Case required about a week of original work for the opportunity to do a 6 month externship with the possibility of hire at the end.

Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jump Associates (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The company has a great outward facing image. Kinda like IDEO and others that want you to believe they are actually cooler than they are, the process to apply is more long and winding than others. They claim to put your resume on file and contact you if you are a fit.

The first email I received just asked me about a location preference. The second email I received said that I was being passed on. This left me a bit confused but ironically clarified what is going on internally, which is that they don't have their bearings right.

For the amount they make you work to warrant a reply, the reply seemed terse and hence offensive. There was no justification provided. Also being asked what office I was interested in and then suddenly passed on, made no sense. There was also no sensitivity, which again provides clarity that I would have ended up as a cog in a greasy wheel. So thank you.

I bet there is a line to get in. The velvet rope makes it oh-so-very alluring.

Vice President Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jump Associates.

Interview

There is a phone interview which is quite well done. Honest questions and quite friendly.

Interview Questions

• The issue is not the questions asked - it is the "process" of their interview. They get your hopes up with a nice interaction and then utterly fail to follow up. Expectations are wildly divergent from what actually happens. Namely: one phone call, silence, silence, silence... then a form letter   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Associates.

Interview

Very detailed phone interview that lasted almost 2 hours long. 1 recruiter and 1 current Associate. Reviewed a case study on the spot by sharing desktops via Skype.
    Questions were mainly posed as if I were actually working on this case for Jump. I answered to the best of my abilities. At some points I felt as if the interviewers were not listening or were disdainful of my answers, but I was very honest with my opinions and analysis of the case.

Interview Questions

• I had to sketch my ideas for the fictional company and send them the scans of the sketch   Answer Question